• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
The opportunity to pick up a AIB card at a fair price is looking remote this side of Christmas, stock is being kept back for PC builds bigger profit margins and there is always a good market at this time of year for pre built gaming rigs.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Where is this mythical place where you can simply pick up a PS5 off the shelf? Might as well buy a scalped gfx card than a scalped console off of fleabay!

Are they hard to get again? I stopped interest once I got my FE but thought these were easier to obtain than GPU's. Saying that if you want to buy at this time of year, notorious for panic buying then I cant really comment on your timing!

Associate
Yeah, just going to have to live with it. Shouldn’t be too bad with an undervolt.

I’d much prefer the 3080, but nah, I have practically zero chance of beating the bots on the non LHR.

Associate
There's a refresh of the 2060, again, but this time with 12gb vram. It's on the Gamers Nexus news video. Not worth a new thread as no real news about it other than too much vram, no price or release date mentioned.

Soldato
Iv been priced out of the pc gaming market since my gpu died and now use a crappy gt 730.
Nothing available at any decent price so sticking to retro games and Geforce now.
Hopefully intel can save us

Associate
There's a refresh of the 2060, again, but this time with 12gb vram. It's on the Gamers Nexus news video. Not worth a new thread as no real news about it other than too much vram, no price or release date mentioned.

It seems pointless to me they must have spare capacity to manufacture 2060 chips and plenty of DDR 6 memory.

Associate
It seems pointless to me they must have spare capacity to manufacture 2060 chips and plenty of DDR 6 memory.

I'm guessing it'll align with the 3050ti release as both are "budget" lines, and i'm also guessing they've decided that they've managed to hoover up all possible sales of cards now at the inflated prices, so releasing the more affordable line before AMD or Intel can get first pickings of sales for the stubborn/budget gamers will net more cash for them again.

Very pessimistic, but it's not like they've been offering us the best they can given the Ti lines in the current shortage, and the increased memory 30** cards now.

Associate
Iv been priced out of the pc gaming market since my gpu died and now use a crappy gt 730.
Nothing available at any decent price so sticking to retro games and Geforce now.
Hopefully intel can save us

Same. Only play older games now and the only one that bugs me and I have to play on lowest settings is D2R. Not buying any new games until I can afford to upgrade GPU again. Holding out for a fabled 3060 ti Fe now but even that is pushing past the boundaries of what I would normally spend.

Soldato
Think I'd rather fork out the ££££ than get a console lol

Ah well by the looks of things a 3080ti shouldn't be too hard to get from a drop.

Not sure if you are being serious? How does one get a card from a drop? Does it it mean your get it at rrp?

I haven't been closely following the gpu market for years, though I was aware that there are supply issues at the moment. Unfortunately my hands is being forced, I am having ctd issues in total war which I think are gpu related. I had a look at gpu prices on ocuk and they are insane!

Soldato
I've been really patient holding on to my trusty 1070, My first born has a 3600 and a GTX 690 in hers and its fine for what she uses (school work and Roblox). The youngest is just starting to utilise a very poor laptop my dad gave here a couple of years ago. The extended home schooling pushed me to drop my old rig in a new case for her ( im missing a power supply that i'm imminently awaiting from OC but they keep pushing the delivery back :mad:

Anyway, i've got a shiny new Ryzen setup with 32 gig of 9pack ram but no new powerhouse gpu to go in it and its miffing me off. I'm leaning on paying over but Its not my thing, I hate scalping.

It really is sh!te all round

It's likely there's going to be an FE drop this week but you're going to need telegram on your phone and a small amount of preparation (an account at the **competitor** website and the ability to spend money on a CC there without it flagging as fraud). If you can organise that, getting one is pretty simple.

I wasn't organised in any way and got held up for 15 mins by Nationwide then Vesa fraud checks and I still got a 3080TI on my first attempt.

Associate
Not sure if you are being serious? How does one get a card from a drop? Does it it mean your get it at rrp?

I haven't been closely following the gpu market for years, though I was aware that there are supply issues at the moment. Unfortunately my hands is being forced, I am having ctd issues in total war which I think are gpu related. I had a look at gpu prices on ocuk and they are insane!

The FE Founder's Edition are available for through only one etailer, not OC sadly, and they sell out in minutes. They are available at the prices Nvidia set, you can see those on their site. If you can't get one of them, waiting till January or when more news comes out for the release of more budget cards (at high prices no doubt), and Intel's offering is also an option, potentially. Lowering settings on the game in ultimately the best thing to do, or if you have a really old system, a new CPU *may* offer a better upgrade for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom