'Suicide bomber' taxi explodes at Liverpool Women's Hospital

Soldato
Seeing the pictures I would heavily speculate it's more likely to be something like a leaky LPG tank combusting or potentially, as Jokester mentioned, a failed "fizzle" (I think that's unlikely TBH) as there is none of the "compression" of the cars bodyshell that you'd expect from any kind of explosive (high or low) which makes me think some form of flammable gas combustion.

My guess would be the LPG thing though, there's plenty of Russian dashcams of LPG tanks "exploding" for reference.
If that's the case it was nice of the driver to bail out and leave the passenger to their fate (probably locked in if they hadn't paid yet...)

Soldato
OP
Seeing the pictures I would heavily speculate it's more likely to be something like a leaky LPG tank combusting or potentially, as Jokester mentioned, a failed "fizzle" (I think that's unlikely TBH) as there is none of the "compression" of the cars bodyshell that you'd expect from any kind of explosive (high or low) which makes me think some form of flammable gas combustion.

My guess would be the LPG thing though, there's plenty of Russian dashcams of LPG tanks "exploding" for reference.

Well it's definitely going to fail its next taxi MOT. :o

Soldato
The fact the explosion was ineffective doesn’t mean it’s not terrorism. The idiots who tried to blow up a car at an airport with a gas air bomb years ago found out how difficult it is to improvise a bomb. Not everyone is the IRA and able to buy eastern European explosives off the Libyans.

Soldato
If that's the case it was nice of the driver to bail out and leave the passenger to their fate (probably locked in if they hadn't paid yet...)

If it's a dodgy LPG conversion and the taxi driver had the passenger locked in there's gonna be some words said about both matters...

More blood to write safety legislation with?

V F

V F

Soldato
Did you miss the link in the OP or did you purposely just want to froth at the mouth in outrage?

It's on BBC now. The headline is total hyperbole clickbait nonesense.

My money is on dodgy LPG conversion.

Eh... What frothing at the mouth? Talk about spin the way some people try to spin things or bait people into a provocative response. It's exactly the same as this "triggered" crap that some people like to throw at others.

Back
Top Bottom