Greta Thunberg

Soldato
Anyone thinking that we will prevent climate change/environmental collapse need to wake up.

The rich decide and they don't want to hit themselves in the wallet for the future of humanity.

Profits before humanity and the planet, always has been, always will be.

Soldato
Anyone thinking that we will prevent climate change/environmental collapse need to wake up.

The rich decide and they don't want to hit themselves in the wallet for the future of humanity.

So we need to get rid of the billionaires really.

Soldato

Its not that simple though, countries have ambitions and see the most wealthy and powerful nations massively polluting so

Soldato
Its not that simple though, countries have ambitions and see the most wealthy and powerful nations massively polluting so

The rich export all the polluting manufacturing etc they have to these countries to make more money and cut out environmental costs etc.

Soldato
Which ones aren't?
Normally you require evidence in the other direction... the whole legal system of most democratic countries is built on the concept of being innocent until proven guilty.

I'm not saying there isn't corruption in politics but to say all politicians are corrupt is the kind of comment you'd expect to find in the daily mail comments and not in any form of informed, intelligent conversation.

We've got 650 MP's in the UK, please go ahead and present your evidence for each....

V F

V F

Soldato
Normally you require evidence in the other direction... the whole legal system of most democratic countries is built on the concept of being innocent until proven guilty.

I'm not saying there isn't corruption in politics but to say all politicians are corrupt is the kind of comment you'd expect to find in the daily mail comments and not in any form of informed, intelligent conversation.

We've got 650 MP's in the UK, please go ahead and present your evidence for each....

There's lots of things in life you'll never get evidence for. Considering very senior politicians keep things locked away for up to 100 years that most will never get to know about. Including those that are no longer in power.

Soldato

You keep your head in the sand bud that's okay.

Soldato
Finding one MP is actually corrupt and some evidence a few others could be, isn’t evidence they are ALL corrupt.

You both should probably lay off the tin foil and trying to pass off baseless statements as fact.

Soldato
Sorry lads this isn’t a Facebook echo chamber, I’d suggest heading back there if you want to discuss sweeping baseless statements or CT nonsense with likeminded people. :p

Like it or not, statements like ‘they lock up records for 100 years therefore my view must be true’ to justify a statement where you lack any actual evidence is literally the go to line for a conspiracy theorist.

Soldato
It's not a statement it's an opinion, not everything written down needs to be a fact or needs to have sources to be provided for some nitwit to cry over. Corrupt could mean the fiddle their expense forms, take payments from companies or whomever or give special favours for other special favours in return also the way they are all so grossly incompetent makes me think they are all corrupt or we would have one of them to look up to....

Soldato
An interesting but fairly predicable conclusion to COP26 with India and China two major powers who's industrial and economical capabilities rely on coal power electricity pretty much turning the whole virtue singling event into a laughing stock. I wonder if we will see Greta and her friends protest outside the China and India embassies going forwards?

Caporegime
An interesting but fairly predicable conclusion to COP26 with India and China two major powers who's industrial and economical capabilities rely on coal power electricity pretty much turning the whole virtue singling event into a laughing stock. I wonder if we will see Greta and her friends protest outside the China and India embassies going forwards?
Nah she only pops up when there's lots of cameras around at events like these. You won't find her anywhere where she can't find her pals in the media.

Caporegime
Gotta hand it to Greta, blah blah blah was exactly the result of this Cop26.
She reached the right conclusion, but how (or indeed when) is anyone's guess. She was denouncing the thing as a failure before it had even started :p I think many of us suspected that would be the outcome, but there's no particular reason to give Greta's predictions any more credence than the predictions of the rest of us, really.

She's still just a kid, and an expert in nothing. Neither the science of climate change nor the nuance of realpolitik. Her own utterances are pretty "blah blah blah" really.

Back
Top Bottom