Greta Thunberg

V F

V F

Soldato
It's not a statement it's an opinion, not everything written down needs to be a fact or needs to have sources to be provided for some nitwit to cry over. Corrupt could mean the fiddle their expense forms, take payments from companies or whomever or give special favours for other special favours in return also the way they are all so grossly incompetent makes me think they are all corrupt or we would have one of them to look up to....

This @b0rn2sk8 is hilarious. If only I hung out on Facebook, if only I read conspiracy theories and websites and so on. Must be the type that thinks everything on the Internet is true and can be fact checked. Where are these echo chambers I need to find? Will @b0rn2sk8 let me know?

Next I'm waiting to be called an anti-vaxxer or a right wing nut. Or even a racist or homophobe or anti-climate or climate loon. What next? It's like watching a child lash out to throw mud at a person to try and score Internet points. It's truly funny stuff.

Soldato
I wonder if we will see Greta and her friends protest outside the China and India embassies going forwards?
Greta's intelligent move would be protesting at the countries/uk who import their/cn/in carbon heavy goods - it's like heroin growing and subsequent import.

Soldato
This @b0rn2sk8 is hilarious. If only I hung out on Facebook, if only I read conspiracy theories and websites and so on. Must be the type that thinks everything on the Internet is true and can be fact checked. Where are these echo chambers I need to find? Will @b0rn2sk8 let me know?

Next I'm waiting to be called an anti-vaxxer or a right wing nut. Or even a racist or homophobe or anti-climate or climate loon. What next? It's like watching a child lash out to throw mud at a person to try and score Internet points. It's truly funny stuff.

He's a plain stale donut.

Soldato
I’m clearly the one posting nonsense opinion as fact based on zero evidence which has at best a tenuous link to the topic of this thread. Sorry for calling the intellectual fallacy of forming options based on zero evidence, obviously letting our prejudices take over is the way things should be done… :rolleyes:

Soldato
She reached the right conclusion, but how (or indeed when) is anyone's guess. She was denouncing the thing as a failure before it had even started :p I think many of us suspected that would be the outcome

How? The same way you did I assume. These talks always go this way because those with the ability to change things are the biggest polluters i.e rich people...

Associate
I wonder if the polticians (especially Biden, Jinping and Putin)'d listen if she was just as passionate about world peace, especially the affect of chemical and nuclear weapons on the environmnet?

Last edited:
Permabanned
So, Greta is right. Who would have thought? How dare you?! :D

It is crazy:

More than 400 weather stations around the world beat their all-time highest temperature records in 2021, according to a climatologist who has been compiling weather records for over 30 years.

And, as is now the norm, several heat records have been broken, according to Herrera, with 10 countries – Oman, UAE, Canada, the United States, Morocco, Turkey, Taiwan, Italy, Tunisia and Dominica – breaking or tying their national highest record. 107 countries beat monthly high temperature records, while five countries beat a monthly low temperature record.

A few continental and planetary records fell too: Africa had its warmest June and September ever. August brought 48.8C (119.8F) in Syracuse, Italy, the highest temperature ever recorded in Europe. July had already brought 54.4C (130F) in Furnace Creek in the US’s Death Valley – the highest reliably recorded temperature on Earth. (A temperature recorded as 129.9F in 2020 was also rounded up to 130F.)

But there were a few specific events that particularly stood out for experts. For meteorologist Patricia Nying’uro, a co-founder of Climate Without Borders and based at the Kenyan Meteorological Department, the two consecutive failed rain seasons in Kenya were unusual, and forced the government to organise for food aid for the first time in many years.

He also highlighted the heat in Alaska in December, where a number of records were broken by a large margin. “That was extraordinary.”

China experienced its hottest ever year, according to the China Meteorological Administration. But it was the rain that hit the central province of Henan that really shocked: the region was hit by more rain in three days than it normally receives in an entire year. Hundreds died, crops and homes were destroyed, and the cleanup continues. Jia Xiaolong, deputy head of the National Climate Centre, said the situation last year had been abnormal.

Heat records broken all around the world in 2021, says climatologist (msn.com)

Tornadoes in December in the US.

It is crazy.. :eek:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Permabanned
Nah mate, natural cycles innit :rolleyes:

I was teaching climate change in Geography 10 years ago and all the information was clear to see. It’s deeply frustrating here we are a decade later, climate change staring us in the face, and people still saying it’s nonsense..

The governments have too much control over the population. People don't think independently.
We have a general problem with the way our systems and the civilisation as a whole functions, and if we don't change deeply, we will face global extinctions.

Soldato
Permabanned
Ok fair point, how many cold records broken? Any data on that, or is that an inconvenient truth? In the name of balance I would expect this data to be visible. Unless there is an agenda

You ask, you give data about "cold records broken".
I haven't seen any.

Back
Top Bottom