*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
Had 4-5 epic games tonight, some truly epic wow "Battlefield" moments, that discarded map is awesome, honestly this game is really starting to come into its own for me and I am really enjoying the time I do get on it.

Caporegime
Did you also get a boost in fps?

It's certainly running better, it's hard to say if I'm getting a boost because the frame rates in the game are all over the place! Sometimes 100, other times 50... But considering I couldn't even play the game earlier today on my RTX 2070 Super because of a crash every damn 10mins I'm happy :D

Soldato
Think I'll give the 472.47 a try, which is the latest Nvidia RTX Studio drivers
People who use recommend DDU should really learn how Windows work. DDU should only ever be used in the Emergency situations & even then that's a bold statement It really can break things more than it fixes, It messes with so many different windows mechanisms it can cause more harm than good. Nvidia/ATI both offer clean installs which work 99.999% of cases even then installing over the top has been fine since Windows 8. Windows 10+ has new driver mechanism to clean itself up anyway. Anyway not to put it on you but really need to learn to understand a tool before recommended it on youtube for people to watch (not on you Neil)

Is it just me or is DLSS not that great in this game
What's not great? DLSS ON + 20FPS+ & visuals are better i think lot users who are not seeing FPS boosts have some CPU utilization issues which hopefully be ironed out in patches. you also got to remember BF2042 is a new game & NVIDIA AI will learn over time to make it "better". it takes a lot of data to improve via DLSS. Give in a few weeks after Friday & we will see some changes.

Yeah DLSS isn't really making any difference. In BF5 there's a huge difference to whether it's on or off, in 2042 it's literally not making any difference at all.
Again you cannot compare AI database from A 3 year old game to a new game not even released to masses. Give A.I time to get fed data from thousands of users & learn how to make BF2042 look better & increase performance. give it good 3 weeks after launch A.I needs hundreds of GB+ of frames to increase its BF2042 intelligence.

its like giving a Year 7 student a GCSE paper. give it time to be fed information before it reaches the GCSE year

Associate
I've only played Conquest on previous BF titles but 2042's huge maps are not enjoyable for me so I've been playing Breakthrough. It's much better.

What mode do you guys prefer?

Associate
It's certainly running better, it's hard to say if I'm getting a boost because the frame rates in the game are all over the place! Sometimes 100, other times 50... But considering I couldn't even play the game earlier today on my RTX 2070 Super because of a crash every damn 10mins I'm happy :D
Well at least you can play the game now so thats good

Man of Honour
OK, so its possible for ballistic shield guy to take a rocket to the BACK and survive it...:rolleyes:

Not overly surprising in a game series where a tank shell can land 2m away from a person and they carry on running with all their limbs attached and I can get riddled with bullets, blown to smithereens in an explosion but a guy with a defib can run up, zap me and I'm back up and running around like Usain Bolt :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've only played Conquest on previous BF titles but 2042's huge maps are not enjoyable for me so I've been playing Breakthrough. It's much better.

What mode do you guys prefer?

I've pretty much exclusively been playing the BF1942, BC2 modes, have barely touched the 2042 maps as I'm just having too much fun on 1942, BC2 and BF3 maps :)

Associate
I've pretty much exclusively been playing the BF1942, BC2 modes, have barely touched the 2042 maps as I'm just having too much fun on 1942, BC2 and BF3 maps :)
Same stuff here, I gave BF2042 Conquest large a go. But the maps are massive, unless ya lucky enough to get a car or such takes ya a while to get about the map to the different points. I will stick to the older stuff and custom gun game servers for now

Associate
Thought i would try the new driver as someone said that dlss works with them now....nope...i actually think i may be getting worse fps now with the new ones :( still around 60fps but dosnt seem to go as high as it did before

Caporegime
Thought i would try the new driver as someone said that dlss works with them now....nope...i actually think i may be getting worse fps now with the new ones :( still around 60fps but dosnt seem to go as high as it did before

I did mention yesterday about the new drivers being bad ones :D

I use the 472.47 now which are the very latest Nvidia GTX/RTX studio drivers, work brilliantly so give these a try :)
https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/183578/en-us

Caporegime
Not overly surprising in a game series where a tank shell can land 2m away from a person and they carry on running with all their limbs attached and I can get riddled with bullets, blown to smithereens in an explosion but a guy with a defib can run up, zap me and I'm back up and running around like Usain Bolt :D

The point obviously being he's meant to be able to take that hit on the shield, not his back.

Back
Top Bottom