I wonder why us shopfloor workers weren't asked.

Man of Honour
Then get idiots such as this one.
“I won £20 on the scratchcard.”
I scan card on lotto terminal and enter the card PIN. “It’s actually £2”
“Its £20. Look” Customer points to line. It’s where if the two symbols on a line match, win a prize. The symbols in question were a house and a car.
“I’m afraid it has to be two cars or two houses”.
Customer had to cave in that he won £2 (on another part of the card)
Never misread anything yourself then I take it?

Soldato
It's the same in public transport. Everything is the drivers/company's fault, espeically when it's down to the customer.

Because of staff shortages our bosses have issued a strict instruction. Depart on time where possible and wait for no-one, especially if you're running late. If the passenger isn't at the stop when you're ready to leave, close the doors and go.

Personally this is how I've always operated. Especially if I'm a few mins late.

However this has led to more moaning passengers.

My view is if I'm late to the bus stop then you should already be waiting before the scheduled departure time. If you're not there at that time then YOU MISSED the bus & I'm not a RichardHead for leaving without you.

Soldato
It's the same in public transport. Everything is the drivers/company's fault, espeically when it's down to the customer.

Because of staff shortages our bosses have issued a strict instruction. Depart on time where possible and wait for no-one, especially if you're running late. If the passenger isn't at the stop when you're ready to leave, close the doors and go.

Personally this is how I've always operated. Especially if I'm a few mins late.

However this has led to more moaning passengers.

My view is if I'm late to the bus stop then you should already be waiting before the scheduled departure time. If you're not there at that time then YOU MISSED the bus & I'm not a RichardHead for leaving without you.
Then get those people who stand by the bus stop for several minutes. Bus pulls up and they have to rummage through their bag for pass/ticket/money or scroll through several pages of their phone to get bus app up.

Soldato
Then get those people who stand by the bus stop for several minutes. Bus pulls up and they have to rummage through their bag for pass/ticket/money or scroll through several pages of their phone to get bus app up.

The worst ones are those that are on the bus, want the next stop but don't bother pressing the bell so you sail past it and they start mouthing off with the usual "I pressed it" or "It's not working". Our bell-pushes work on a system similar to CANBUS in cars, the ones that tell you when a bulb is out. So if a bell-push isn't working an warning light comes on the control panel which we have to report to control immediately.

I usually pull up at the next stop, get out the cab and press the bell they've supposedly pressed and hear a satisfying ping.

Soldato
I got moaned at by an old lady because of where my car was parked at the petrol station once...it was parked just at the edge of the canopy over the forecourt...said it was my fault she got wet because she had to walk round the back of the car in the rain to get in the shop
I'm imagining it's constant stuff like that in retail!
On Saturday, there’s a Christmas fair which will be down the street outside work (outside my work the road is pedestrianised) and part of another street will be closed as have stalls, rides etc on it.

The road to service yard and our store’s underground car park, are open. Though due to road being closed in one area, some customers have to drive the long way round to access the car park!

We probably get moaned for this fair!

Caporegime
so is that why the 16 year old girl wasn't allowed on a bus and a police officer who witnessed the incident had to drive her home?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...let-stranded-teen-girl-POLICE-intervened.html

do you get sacked for using common sense and doing what your supposed to be doing, providing a service to the public?

your bosses must think it's better to have negative publicity. imagine if the police hadn't have been there and she had to walk home and something happened to her on the way.

would you forgive your self? I'm not saying you are the driver from the article but in his position would you have done the same?

Caporegime
Soldato
When Lotto increased its numbers from 49 to 59, as the date approached, could play fewer games in advance. To one day, we could only play Wednesday’s game. Had to wait til Thursday to buy a ticket for Saturday. As that was the first draw of 59 numbers.

Customers didn’t believe us when we told them we could only buy tickets for Wednesday.

“I’m going over the road” gruffed a few customers who went to the newsagents opposite us. We said you will have THE SAME problem! They didn’t listen! Wish I could gone into the newsagents and listen to these customers being told again that they only do Wednesday’s draw!

Man of Honour
My mate got bottled at work one night, another one had his knee dislocated. I've had to fight my way literally through more than one shift, I've had people threaten to come back and shoot me and then turn up waving a gun around, I've worked 18 hour shifts stood outside running around all day had a few hours sleep and done it all again.
And you know what it wasn't all that bad, I even miss it sometimes.
Please tell us again about someone saying something daft to you...

Soldato
How about asking the people that had to work everyday through the lockdowns if they like to see another lockdown :rolleyes:

Was great working all day while listening to the guy on the radio going on all the time how people can repaint there homes, do up the garden, Clear there loft , just sit and watch TV, Go for there 2 hour walks etc etc with all there free lockdown time while am struck at work
and then hearing how the taxes needed to raised to pay for these people sitting at home :(

Last edited:
Soldato
How about asking the people that had to work everyday through the lockdowns if they like to see another lockdown :rolleyes:

Was great working all day while listening to the guy on the radio going on all the time how people can repaint there homes, do up the garden, Clear there loft , just sit and watch TV, Go for there 2 hour walks etc etc with all there free lockdown time while am struck at work
and then hearing how the taxes needed to raised to pay for these people sitting at home :(

All the while wondering if they have a job to go back to at the end of furlough....

Sounds more like sour grapes...

Soldato
The issue is we got so used to lockdown, now nobody seems to remember how things were.
Yes, it was awful, nothing but stress, stress and more stress with stupid bosses being totally clueless. I feel lockdown regular employers took back some control in their lives and realised you don't have to work yourself to the bone in the rat-race to enjoy life

I'd welcome more options to WFH, mine is a right ******* about it

Pho

Pho

Soldato

I also worked throughout the entirety of lockdown so I can see where you're coming from, but I feel the main sentiment is people are realising just how poor our work/life balances are - I have to say I did throughout it. Working flat out for five days just to have two off isn't great. And I've got a non-physical sit at a desk job which is certainly easier than lots of other peoples.

My job basically involves building things to make other peoples jobs easier and more efficient, yet none of us apart from the people who own the businesses really realise that gain. Infact all we get is harder problems thrown at us to solve in the spare time we're created, which when you think about it is a massive kicker as we're perpetually making our lives more painful as a result of our efficiencies :p.

Back
Top Bottom