Kyle Rittenhouse - teen who shot three people in Kenosha

Caporegime
OP
I know, I've acknowledged and agreed with this point at least twice already. The point I was making (from the very start) was about them being used separately. I'd also note that @hurfdurf's original comment didn't specify them being used together — that's something you've added and then fixated on.

"Rather more specific/rather less context" is subjective and I'm not prepared to get into the minutiae of it. I've already explained why I think they're similar and we've gone off on rather a winding tangent from the original topic, so I'm going to leave it there.

I'd say that you introduced the argument and fixated on the more generic simple use of those numbers individually, but yeah I guess agree to disagree then, I think this is clearly an example of something much more niche/specific than an OK gesture.

Soldato

I really like this legal breakdown from a (legally qualified!) Youtube channel I regularly watch :)
oof, he is down playing what happened to Kyle at the 13 minute mark and acting as if going for a persons head is not a serious issue. Completely ignores that Rosenbaum (sp?) was chasing Rittenhouse in the video at the 15 min mark . His example at 16 min mark, doesn't seem to apply here but that could be because there are soo many details missing in that case. He is good at laying down the facts but he seems to be adding his own spin on things and is downplaying the violence of the other parties.

I find it ironic after spending a good chunk of time explaining that this case is really complex and going through the laws and how they can differ between states, he proceeds to boil down other cases at the 18 minute mark to just skin colour.

Caporegime

I really like this legal breakdown from a (legally qualified!) Youtube channel I regularly watch :)

I follow this guy and quite like his takes generally, though I'd say hitting repeatedly someone in the head with a blunt weapon constitutes lethal force.

I find it ironic after spending a good chunk of time explaining that this case is really complex and going through the laws and how they can differ between states, he proceeds to boil down other cases at the 18 minute mark to just skin colour.

I was expecting him to bring up the acquittal of that Coffee guy, was surprised he doesn't seem to be aware of that.

Caporegime

This is good analysis.

I will wait for all the people in here to infer that this guy is stupid and a clown for stating that it can be argued that Huber and Grosskreutz could be reasonably seen to have been acting in self-defence...

Soldato
When did that happen?
I assume he means the skateboard. Looking at the footage it was a rock in the back of the head, or at least a big swinging pub punch. Hard to confirm, then the flying kick to the head, then the skateboard, then the grab for the gun. This was seconds after the gunshot from Joshua Zaminski into the air.

I'm not sure people appreciate just how much being chased by a literal mob screaming "Get him!", "Kill him!", being attached several times, hearing a gunshot just meters away etc. would put you in a massive state of panic. The fact that he remained so calm is honestly impressive.

Caporegime
I assume he means the skateboard. Looking at the footage it was a rock in the back of the head, or at least a big swinging pub punch. Hard to confirm, then the flying kick to the head, then the skateboard, then the grab for the gun. This was seconds after the gunshot from Joshua Zaminski into the air.

I'm not sure people appreciate just how much being chased by a literal mob screaming "Get him!", "Kill him!", being attached several times, hearing a gunshot just meters away etc. would put you in a massive state of panic. The fact that he remained so calm is honestly impressive.

Yes, a guy fell awkwardly on him whilst holding a skateboard with one hand and sort of pressed it into him as he fell.

I was asking about when someone repeatedly hit someone in the head with a blunt weapon.

Caporegime
Watch the bit before, he jabs the end of the skateboard end HARD at Kyle's head before the bit your keep referencing, which happens right after.

I'm sorry but nothing in the captured video shows anyone repeatedly hitting someone over the head with a blunt weapon. If that was the case, i would agree with the poster that the commentator was wrong in that statement in question.

Are you saying that you dont agree with that major point in the video, that you yourself posted and said you really liked?

Transmission breaker
Don
I'm sorry but nothing in the captured video shows anyone repeatedly hitting someone over the head with a blunt weapon. If that was the case, i would agree with the poster that the commentator was wrong in that statement in question.

Are you saying that you dont agree with that major point in the video, that you yourself posted and said you really liked?

I am allowed to like a video, and not agree with all of it :D

Here is the part of the video that you seem to keep missing. Tell me you do not see Kyle being attacked, hard with the nose end of the skateboard...

skateboard.gif

There is a step, wind-up, throw and impact, followed by the guy then sort of laying on his head, and stumbling over Kyle.

Soldato
I suppose his point was that it wasn't repeatedly. Which is true from the skateboard perspective. There was:

Punch in the back of the head, possibly from a rock in hand.
Flying kick to head
Skateboard butt to head

Hard to tell if there were others due to people obscuring the view. Facts are Kyle was attacked at least 3 times from 3 different people.

Caporegime
I am allowed to like a video, and not agree with all of it :D

Here is the part of the video that you seem to keep missing. Tell me you do not see Kyle being attacked, hard with the nose end of the skateboard...

skateboard.gif

There is a step, wind-up, throw and impact, followed by the guy then sort of laying on his head, and stumbling over Kyle.

Yes, he plonks it on him with minimal force (he is holding it one handed by a truck!) and then sort of awkwardly falls on him.

I'm not disputing he was being attacked. I am saying that it is simply un-true to say he repeatedly got hit in the head by a blunt object. It just didn't happen.

I really dispute this notion that many have in their heads that the skateboard attack was some sort of repeated full leveraged smack to his head with it. It just simply isn't true.

The guy in the video you posted is correct.

Transmission breaker
Don
Yes, he plonks it on him with minimal force (he is holding it one handed by a truck!) and then sort of awkwardly falls on him.

I'm not disputing he was being attacked. I am saying that it is simply un-true to say he repeatedly got hit in the head by a blunt object. It just didn't happen.

I really dispute this notion that many have in their heads that the skateboard attack was some sort of repeated full leveraged smack to his head with it. It just simply isn't true.

Ok, but we can agree that in that footage shows the guy launching the skateboard toward his head, and that my GIF is running at 0.25 speed.

So, speed that throw up 4 times for a realistic idea of how fast/hard it was. In what world is that "minimal force".. I think this clearly shows how a case can be so differently perceived by many people!

He was also kicked in the head shortly before, and the guy was then leaning over him, with the same skateboard resting on his head/neck.

Is that accurate in your view?

Caporegime
Ok, but we can agree that in that footage shows the guy launching the skateboard toward his head, and that my GIF is running at 0.25 speed.

So, speed that throw up 4 times for a realistic idea of how fast/hard it was. In what world is that "minimal force".. I think this clearly shows how a case can be so differently perceived by many people!

He was also kicked in the head shortly before, and the guy was then leaning over him, with the same skateboard resting on his head/neck.

Is that accurate in your view?

I don't see that skateboard incident to be anywhere near "lethal" force though.Its clear there is not a lot of force or leverage being put on it and its mostly gravity. Might it have hurt slightly/given him a bruise? Possible. nowhere near lethal force though.

If Huber had both hands on one end and swung it forcefully at his head, then i would absolutely agree that that could constitute lethal force.

My main objection though is simply to the statement that he was hit repeatedly over the head with a blunt weapon, because that didn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom