Kyle Rittenhouse - teen who shot three people in Kenosha

Soldato
I don't see that skateboard incident to be anywhere near "lethal" force though.Its clear there is not a lot of force or leverage being put on it and its mostly gravity. Might it have hurt slightly/given him a bruise? Possible. nowhere near lethal force though.

If Huber had both hands on one end and swung it forcefully at his head, then i would absolutely agree that that could constitute lethal force.

My main objection though is simply to the statement that he was hit repeatedly over the head with a blunt weapon, because that didn't happen.

Are you from planet Earth? Do you expect Kyle to wait until the blows to his head are of sufficient force to pull the trigger? You are embarrassing yourself here

Caporegime
Are you from planet Earth? Do you expect Kyle to wait until the blows to his head are of sufficient force to pull the trigger? You are embarrassing yourself here

That's a completely different argument which i'm not going over again for the millionth time.

I'm simply talking about the facts of the incident and disputing the notion he got hit repeatedly hit over the head with a blunt weapon. That just simply did not happen.

Soldato
That's a completely different argument which i'm not going over again for the millionth time.

I'm simply talking about the facts of the incident and disputing the notion he got hit repeatedly hit over the head with a blunt weapon. That just simply did not happen.

You're right, he was punched, kicked, and then had a skateboard thrown at his head, he should've probably taken his beating and then took the knee while the American anthem played

Soldato
I have to wonder that if the gunshot into the air from Zeminski was missing, would it still have played out the same way? I really feel this is a huge factor which would have put Rittenhouse massively on edge. It was such an unfathomably irresponsible thing to do.

Transmission breaker
Don
I don't see that skateboard incident to be anywhere near "lethal" force though. Its clear there is not a lot of force or leverage being put on it and its mostly gravity. Might it have hurt slightly/given him a bruise? Possible. nowhere near lethal force though..

Thanks for confirming, I know where you stand, and in my eyes, it's ridiculous :D

Man of Honour
I have to wonder that if the gunshot into the air from Zeminski was missing, would it still have played out the same way? I really feel this is a huge factor which would have put Rittenhouse massively on edge. It was such an unfathomably irresponsible thing to do.

There appear to have been several other background gunshots at various points during events as well. Which has probably influenced the actions of both Rittenhouse and those who got involved later maybe.

There is a significant one earlier before Rosenbaum gets killed which for some reason most of the videos online only start after (including the footage used by the prosecution), though there is slightly longer versions floating around which include it.

Soldato
I don't see that skateboard incident to be anywhere near "lethal" force though.Its clear there is not a lot of force or leverage being put on it and its mostly gravity. Might it have hurt slightly/given him a bruise? Possible. nowhere near lethal force though.

Sadly, it was off the back of a number of other blows and with an encircling mob, who had already been calling for him to be done in (cranium that boy was a comment!) - I guess in the shooter's mind, it was the start/continuation of an attack, so he used force to defend.

You're right, he was punched, kicked, and then had a skateboard thrown at his head, he should've probably taken his beating and then took the knee while the American anthem played

I think "skateboard thrown at his head" is a bit of a stretch imo, looking at the footage, it seems like the guy tripped or had a leg swept by either the shooter or flying kick guy, and he + skateboard just fall onto/near the shooter; the skateboard then follows and slaps down on his left shoulder (possibly glancing his head).

But hey, I'm just an armchair expert like the rest, and only going by what I can see on the footage, such as it is.

Transmission breaker
Don
But hey, I'm just an armchair expert like the rest, and only going by what I can see on the footage, such as it is.

You can actually see the wind up, and the throw clearly in the gif i posted?!

It hit Kyle in the Head/Neck, and then sort of glances off after the initial attack as the guy loses balance and stumbles. The annoying thing is the frame in the video is obscured by the post, but you can clearly see the shift in the skateboard in the frame afterwards and how it has deflected before it rests on him.

I find it really hard to believe that you cannot see it.

Soldato
You can actually see the wind up, and the throw clearly in the gif i posted?!

It hit Kyle in the Head/Neck, and then sort of glances off after the initial attack as the guy loses balance and stumbles. The annoying thing is the frame in the video is obscured by the post, but you can clearly see the shift in the skateboard in the frame afterwards and how it has deflected before it rests on him.

I find it really hard to believe that you cannot see it.

Sorry - I didn't see that gif, the one collection of videos on youtube (that some linked earlier in the thread) is now behind age verification - shame, as it was a clear and decent compilation, but I did an old person search for "rittenhouse skateboard" on youtube and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilk_4e73XRc&t=117s

At 1:55 you see the guy coming in with the skateboard, it is pointing downwards all the way until he seems to trip and slap.

Soldato
Sorry - I didn't see that gif, the one collection of videos on youtube (that some linked earlier in the thread) is now behind age verification - shame, as it was a clear and decent compilation, but I did an old person search for "rittenhouse skateboard" on youtube and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilk_4e73XRc&t=117s

At 1:55 you see the guy coming in with the skateboard, it is pointing downwards all the way until he seems to trip and slap.

Edit: I'm not saying he doesn't have the intent to wound with the thing, just that I disagree with the earlier remark that the skateboard was "thrown at his head"

Soldato
At 1:55 you see the guy coming in with the skateboard, it is pointing downwards all the way until he seems to trip and slap
Going back to the gif, he jumps forward, plants his right foot on the ground and swings/pushes/moves (delete as appropriate) the skateboard simultaneously towards Kyle's head. As he brings his left foot forward but appears to place it down too far from his body and causes him to momentarily lose balance.

Considering that he jumped forward and appears to wind up the skateboard and I think it is fair to say there was intent in his actions.

Caporegime
Thanks for confirming, I know where you stand, and in my eyes, it's ridiculous :D

So you totally disagree with the guy who's video you said you agreed with on an extremely important point (perhaps one of the most important raised in that video).

You also seem to disagree with the main premise in that video that reasonable people will have differing view points on this.

The skateboard thing can, i agree, be possibly seen slightly differently in some respects. However in NO way was it repeatedly struck at his head and used in a manner that would cause death (which was my point). If you or anyone seriously sees that from the video then i dont know what to say. It just simply isn't true.

Caporegime
Sadly, it was off the back of a number of other blows and with an encircling mob, who had already been calling for him to be done in (cranium that boy was a comment!) - I guess in the shooter's mind, it was the start/continuation of an attack, so he used force to defend.

That isn't an argument i'm getting into again.

My objection was to someone saying that he was struck repeatedly in the head with a blunt weapon, which was clearly just not true. At all.

I think "skateboard thrown at his head" is a bit of a stretch imo, looking at the footage, it seems like the guy tripped or had a leg swept by either the shooter or flying kick guy, and he + skateboard just fall onto/near the shooter; the skateboard then follows and slaps down on his left shoulder (possibly glancing his head).

This.

The notion that it was some of incredibly dangerous and forceful repeated strike to his head is simply fantasy.

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
So you totally disagree with the guy who's video you said you agreed with on an extremely important point (perhaps one of the most important raised in that video).

I never said that at all. I said I liked it. I posted it to provoke some discussion. I actually disagree with a number of the points he made, and agreed with others.

Go read it again, and see what I actually said!

Sgarrista
Commissario
incredibly dangerous and forceful repeated strike to his head

Any strike to the head can be dangerous or fatal. The simple fact is none of us can know with certainty *how* much force was involved in the incident, however having had a skateboard drop onto me from a relatively small height in my teenage years can confirm it can hurt like hell, let alone without anyone attempting to use it as a weapon.

Even if it was low force, if the leading edge of the deck whacked into the back of his head or neck, it could certainly feel like a considerable impact in the moment when youve just had 3+ guys pounce on you.

In no circumstances would it be reasonable for him in the heat of the moment take the time out to analyze how much force was actually used. To suggest otherwise is purely disingenuous.

Caporegime
OP
Yes, a guy fell awkwardly on him whilst holding a skateboard with one hand and sort of pressed it into him as he fell.

He just fell and sort of pressed into him is the biggest cope yet, OMG. :D I know you were buying into the prosecution's (at times rather flimsy) arguments all through this trial but that's just...

It basically did happen though, he was attacked more than once by the skateborader, he was first hit by him, from behind, while he was running away, moments later he fell, skateboarder picked up his skateboard and then came in to repeat that attack and hit him again with the skateboard.

A skateboard is a blunt object, the person who possessed the skateboard hit him from behind then repeated his attack and hit him with it while on the floor... then, more importantly, he tried to grab his rifle too.

Permabanned
Don't understand how anyone who followed the case can be surprised by the result. Just shows how committed/deluded people on left are right now. They give their support to pedophiles and criminals rather than the people they attempt to assault/murder. :mad:

It's as clear a case as self defence as you can possibly get. :(

He's very lucky that there was so much camera footage available, otherwise I think he would have done some serious time due to political pressure.

Back
Top Bottom