*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Hey guys, just joining this thread, I am using an RTX 2080, 32gb ram and 9900k and I'm getting good performance.

Between 100-120 fps at 1440p on my ultrawide monitor. The game runs butter smooth.

But I did set it to DX12 in config file and also a strange one is DLSS if you choose any setting other then auto it doesn't seem to work.

Like DLSS on any other settings I get 70fps on big maps with 128 players but once I set it to auto I go up between 100-120fps.

Just thought I'd share this in case it helps someone.

I'm really loving this game, it has it's issues and bugs but I've been addicted since release. The main two weapons I've used it the sniper and M5A1, I really like the assault rifles despite the fact that they need fixing. I heard the patch getting released today is going to fix AR's so fingers crossed!

you should see a massive increase in assault rifle acuracy today

thats been my main issue the amount of people who I shoot at first and miss in bfv they would be toast

enjoying the game as well but think I need to delve into portal for some 64 player games

my main issue is helicopter and vehicle spawn rates they are way way to fast there are no real rewards in killing a heli when it will be back 1 minute later

Soldato
you should see a massive increase in assault rifle acuracy today

thats been my main issue the amount of people who I shoot at first and miss in bfv they would be toast

enjoying the game as well but think I need to delve into portal for some 64 player games

my main issue is helicopter and vehicle spawn rates they are way way to fast there are no real rewards in killing a heli when it will be back 1 minute later
Agreed mate, me and a mate took out a few heli's with a supply crate so we could constantly reload and fire. They respawn so quickly, you end up just sat there firing missiles all round to keep them out of the skies.

Associate
Agreed mate, me and a mate took out a few heli's with a supply crate so we could constantly reload and fire. They respawn so quickly, you end up just sat there firing missiles all round to keep them out of the skies.

the little bird style one needs to take damage from small arms at the minute its way to fast compared to the damage it can take

Associate
while I would rather carry something else at least two in every squad need anti air

tanks we tend to c5 but this does depend on cover or if we have acess to a hovercraft but would assume they will not be up to that task now

Soldato
the little bird style one needs to take damage from small arms at the minute its way to fast compared to the damage it can take
Yeah agreed mate, you should be able to shoot through the glass with high power rounds and kill the pilot at least. I see them just hovering over control points circling them and picking off any defenders while taking next to no damage. With the speed they have, they need to be balanced to have a lot less health as well.

Soldato
while I would rather carry something else at least two in every squad need anti air

tanks we tend to c5 but this does depend on cover or if we have acess to a hovercraft but would assume they will not be up to that task now
Tanks especially in Hourglass map tend to sit ontop of the sand dunes and just shoot down. They almost impossible to take out if your team doesn't have good air pilots. We tried a few flanking tactics but they're usually covered by a few snipers around them as well. They need to increase damage to vehicles from the M5 launcher as it takes like 5 shots to kill a tank right now and we only carry 3 rounds?!

Soldato
One thing that I *do* like, that actually makes sense is the NWT-50 is actually pretty good at killing vehicles, I managed to completely destroy from 100% health a tank and a bolte last night. I imagine it'll get nerfed though, seeing as it actually works :cry:

Soldato
or have weakpoints like the turret ring

disable one track ect
I think they do have disabled parts when hit in certain areas but its too brief. I found this out when i was in a tank and my track got hit. I was only disabled for a mere 5 secs or so before i could move off again.

Soldato
One thing that I *do* like, that actually makes sense is the NWT-50 is actually pretty good at killing vehicles, I managed to completely destroy from 100% health a tank and a bolte last night. I imagine it'll get nerfed though, seeing as it actually works :cry:
I wish i could unlock this earlier lol, its like level 50 or something when it unlocks :cry:.

Soldato
I wish i could unlock this earlier lol, its like level 50 or something when it unlocks :cry:.

lvl60!

The only thing I don't like about it, is.... it's just kinda dumb!

You can run around with it, hip fire it, sprint with it - I mean it's a frigging anti-material rifle, those things weigh like 30-40KG :D

At least in BF5 you had to lay down to use it,

Soldato
lvl60!

The only thing I don't like about it, is.... it's just kinda dumb!

You can run around with it, hip fire it, sprint with it - I mean it's a frigging anti-material rifle, those things weigh like 30-40KG :D

At least in BF5 you had to lay down to use it,
It's meant to be like that, we're future super soldiers its 2042 :cry:. I'm surprised this game doesn't have exo suits/skeletons for super jump too haha.

Associate
It's meant to be like that, we're future super soldiers its 2042 :cry:. I'm surprised this game doesn't have exo suits/skeletons for super jump too haha.

you know they will do a 2142 relaunch I think the way this is designed they can drop stuff in hence all the portal modes

the patch is live seen people streaming online with it running

Soldato
you know they will do a 2142 relaunch I think the way this is designed they can drop stuff in hence all the portal modes

the patch is live seen people streaming online with it running
I really really hope they do a 2142 relaunch in either portal or that VIP mode where you can play the older games. Whatever they decide to do, if 2142 is there i'll be playing that more for sure! I really miss it especially after reclaimation got forced to shutdown.

Back
Top Bottom