*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
I think the hardest thing they're going to have to fix in 2042 is 128 players, I'm lvl 63 so I've played it quite a bit - I'm not convinced 128 players works very well.

The problem with that many people and the vehicles + vehicle call-ins, is that you end up with an incoherent chaotic mess where your actions as a player don't seem to count towards very much.

For a game to be fun, or have any sort of longevity - players need objectives or things they can do that they can accomplish, in 2042 it feels like there's just too much *stuff* going on.

Bugs can be fixed, performance can be tweaked - but for me it feels like there's a much deeper problem and it stems from the 128 player decision.

Soldato
I think the hardest thing they're going to have to fix in 2042 is 128 players, I'm lvl 63 so I've played it quite a bit - I'm not convinced 128 players works very well.

The problem with that many people and the vehicles + vehicle call-ins, is that you end up with an incoherent chaotic mess where your actions as a player don't seem to count towards very much.

For a game to be fun, or have any sort of longevity - players need objectives or things they can do that they can accomplish, in 2042 it feels like there's just too much *stuff* going on.

Bugs can be fixed, performance can be tweaked - but for me it feels like there's a much deeper problem and it stems from the 128 player decision.
Yeah same mate, i feel this way too. Like i want to as a squad with my squad members actually work together to go capture a point but no one is interested. You can ask and you get no replies, everyones just running off eager to gun someone down rather than working together to capture. It doesn't feel like a BF game, i feel more like im playing a battle royale especially if they bring the score board in it will definitely cement the feel of just wanting to rack up kills rather than working together to accomplish an objective. They should sack vehicle call ins and just have them spawn from the start point, its such a mess with this system the battlefield becomes like you said "chaotic" and you end more like playing mad max trying not to get run over all the time.

Soldato
Still find it odd how in Solo/Coop mode you can't have AI squad members and it forces you to run around on your own with no control on how the AI moves or what objectives to take. It becomes tiresome really quick, running from A-B and then B-A because the AI is doing its own thing and not holding or capturing.

Caporegime
Still find it odd how in Solo/Coop mode you can't have AI squad members and it forces you to run around on your own with no control on how the AI moves or what objectives to take. It becomes tiresome really quick, running from A-B and then B-A because the AI is doing its own thing and not holding or capturing.

Not sure why you'd even contemplate playing with AI. Unless it's for learning purposes perhaps

Soldato
Yeah same mate, i feel this way too. Like i want to as a squad with my squad members actually work together to go capture a point but no one is interested. You can ask and you get no replies, everyones just running off eager to gun someone down rather than working together to capture. It doesn't feel like a BF game, i feel more like im playing a battle royale especially if they bring the score board in it will definitely cement the feel of just wanting to rack up kills rather than working together to accomplish an objective. They should sack vehicle call ins and just have them spawn from the start point, its such a mess with this system the battlefield becomes like you said "chaotic" and you end more like playing mad max trying not to get run over all the time.

Nothing proved the point better than a game I played on Renewal yesterday (breakthrough).

Basically, it got to the end where the attackers needed to capture the last two points, however - to do that when you have 64 defending players spawning literally on the point is almost impossible. The attackers had about 500 tickets left, but it got to the point where they got so annoyed/bored, that half of the attacking team quit. We basically ended up with 32 bots just running blindly into the point and dying, which is great for XP - but that's about it...

If people are going to sit through a game for like 30 minutes, then just quit out of it and not bother to finish it, that says a lot lol.

Soldato
Not sure why you'd even contemplate playing with AI. Unless it's for learning purposes perhaps
Because sometimes playing with real players can be tiresome, having a quick blast with some AI can be quite good i find. I did this a lot on BF2142, especially if you wanted to have a quick game.

Soldato
Nothing proved the point better than a game I played on Renewal yesterday (breakthrough).

Basically, it got to the end where the attackers needed to capture the last two points, however - to do that when you have 64 defending players spawning literally on the point is almost impossible. The attackers had about 500 tickets left, but it got to the point where they got so annoyed/bored, that half of the attacking team quit. We basically ended up with 32 bots just running blindly into the point and dying, which is great for XP - but that's about it...

If people are going to sit through a game for like 30 minutes, then just quit out of it and not bother to finish it, that says a lot lol.
Exactly mate, it becomes a turkey shoot instead of a coordinated attack and you just get fed up with it. I really wish they somehow made squad based elements more relevant and applied more team working aspects to cap a point.

Soldato
SO does playing against braindead AI..

not every huma player does the above you mentioned
Advanced AI is pretty good tbf, makes it more of a challenge. Having the ability to have more squad based actions in Solo/Coop mode would make it even better, this lack of ability right now is whats killing it abit.

True not everyone does but majority i've come across do, everyone's experience is different.

Back
Top Bottom