*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Any FPS increases with the latest patch?

I just swapped my CPU from a 8700k at 5g to a 12700kf at 5g and I'm getting another 20fps not sure if this is the patch or CPU though as I should be GPU limited.

I'm hitting over 14gb after a few rounds I think there's a leak but I'm also thinking it's time for 32gb

I went from 16gb - 32gb in warzone a couple of months back and it smoothed out all the micro stutters I was getting everything seemed more consistant

turned the fps counter of atm find I spend more time looking at that over trying to kill people

Associate
So, I had a quick go on BC2 portal on this last night, and another couple of rounds on HardCore settings in BC2 maps, but with BF2042 weapons/characters. It was more enjoyable than the vanilla game for sure.

Portal didn't seem to be registering kills with the BF2042 weapons to work towards unlocks though. Is this normal?

Also, is it normal to have to go back to the Portal Server browser after every round?

Caporegime
So, I had a quick go on BC2 portal on this last night, and another couple of rounds on HardCore settings in BC2 maps, but with BF2042 weapons/characters. It was more enjoyable than the vanilla game for sure.

Portal didn't seem to be registering kills with the BF2042 weapons to work towards unlocks though. Is this normal?

Also, is it normal to have to go back to the Portal Server browser after every round?

Yes, because people were making XP farms in portal mode.

Caporegime
When the map first starts it's super smooth even on the 980 GTX system, but it doesn't take long for the frame rates to tank! Stuttering is pretty bad on the 980 system as the match progresses, while the RTX 2070 super it stutters sometimes. So yeh I think the game does have a memory leak

Associate
I'm actually finding the game runs better since the latest patch. Maybe it's been optimized more for users with potato PC's

server peformance is worse

they havent optimised anything still the same frames as before

and thats a really elitist attitude

Associate
This. Can quite easily get 150ish kills per game. Maxed out my AK24 and a few of the secondary weapons.

Same with the ak last night

the underslung incendiary launcher is a joy clears out bolt holes in quick time followed by a few bullets

going to do the scar tonight

Associate
I've tried to play this again after the patch it got but always get this after about 5 minutes of play:

My GPU is at stock settings with no overclock and works fine with every other bloody game. Will updating to the newest driver fix this or am I stuck waiting for a proper fix?

I've got a fresh clean install of Windows 11 and running a 5900X with 32GB RAM.

Back
Top Bottom