*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
I'm enjoying it more and more, mainly cause I'm sniping primarily ATM.

Not done much portal, only reason we did it was so we could get six of us in a game...it's annoying how you can't break off and make a new squad in 2042 currently, you can 'switch' squads but you can't choose which one (it cycles) and last time I tried post patch it switched then put you back in the original anyway, so that's broken for me.

BFv you could create your own squad so we could end up with 8 people, but noooo. Really wish they'd out the squad number up to at least 6!

Soldato
I'm enjoying it more and more, mainly cause I'm sniping primarily ATM.

Not done much portal, only reason we did it was so we could get six of us in a game...it's annoying how you can't break off and make a new squad in 2042 currently, you can 'switch' squads but you can't choose which one (it cycles) and last time I tried post patch it switched then put you back in the original anyway, so that's broken for me.

BFv you could create your own squad so we could end up with 8 people, but noooo. Really wish they'd out the squad number up to at least 6!
You can tell just how little thought went into squad/team based combat when you can't even do the most simplest of things that were available in the previous BF's. How they managed to miss details like this is beyond me, they've literally had what 20 years of experience in building Battlefield games and yet still miss these kinds of details?

This Battlefield so far i haven't enjoyed much or any squad based effort to take positions or to work together in some form or way. I've ended up like many just solo'ing when mates aren't on and trying to rack up as many kills as possible to unlock attachments and weapons.

It would be nice if they implemented a commander role in the future so squads can be commanded to take certain positions or to capture particular areas. Gives the battlefield more of a dynamic fluid instead of just aimlessly running around gunning.

Have you noticed the hitreg/box is worse since the update? I didn't actually have much issue with it before but since the update, even in solo/coop mode the hitreg is very obvious! Shooting a AI bot 10 feet away doesn't register! I had to stop, switch weapon then switch back again for it to register. Noticed this a few times in multiplayer too but more with random rubber banding. I thought maybe its my network, so reset that and it's still the same. Checked my network speed and its at full speed with a very low ping.

Soldato
going to give up playing this for a few weeks...

getting fed up of the end score screen stopping me quitting the game. Any screen should allow you to esc & quit game. shouldn't need to sit their watching 1 minute of cut scene crap its turning in to a fortnite gloat fest

Soldato
going to give up playing this for a few weeks...

getting fed up of the end score screen stopping me quitting the game. Any screen should allow you to esc & quit game. shouldn't need to sit their watching 1 minute of cut scene crap its turning in to a fortnite gloat fest
Those end game cut scenes with the cheesy lines are seriously lame! It's so cringe i wanna throw up! Turns a serious "AAA" game into like you said Fortnite gloat fest!

Soldato
Those end game cut scenes with the cheesy lines are seriously lame! It's so cringe i wanna throw up! Turns a serious "AAA" game into like you said Fortnite gloat fest!
not just that you cannot skip or exit at at point at all.

in any other bf game you hit ESC hit quit game & your out. In BF2042 you have to wait for the cut scenes to finish.... you can only do it on the level up part.. all to sell micro transactions

Soldato
not just that you cannot skip or exit at at point at all.

in any other bf game you hit ESC hit quit game & your out. In BF2042 you have to wait for the cut scenes to finish.... you can only do it on the level up part.. all to sell micro transactions
Pretty much the only way they're gonna be able to sell these "skins" when they eventually drop in the store. I don't know about you but i never spend time looking at someone's skin and say "wow they look awesome", where as in these crappy cutscenes you're forced to watch it...

Can always ctrl+alt+del and end task :cry::p

Soldato
Pretty much the only way they're gonna be able to sell these "skins" when they eventually drop in the store. I don't know about you but i never spend time looking at someone's skin and say "wow they look awesome", where as in these crappy cutscenes you're forced to watch it...

Can always ctrl+alt+del and end task :cry::p
i think alt+f4 still works
maybe I should setup a custom google assistance action via my headphones (bose 700s) to close battlefield, "google close this turd" action closes forground exe :D

I don't mind likes of LoL or rocket league as push out content fairly regularly & its pretty polished, but this game is pretty bad indie level of polish at this point

heck when people run they slide along the floor...

having more fun in BF1, tried BFV just not sure on gunplay..

Soldato
i think alt+f4 still works
maybe I should setup a custom google assistance action via my headphones (bose 700s) to close battlefield, "google close this turd" action closes forground exe :D

I don't mind likes of LoL or rocket league as push out content fairly regularly & its pretty polished, but this game is pretty bad indie level of polish at this point

heck when people run they slide along the floor...

having more fun in BF1, tried BFV just not sure on gunplay..
Lol i said the same to my mate, i understand that they need to improvement and update how movement works and techniques etc but come on... this is a BF game... slide and shoot? We aren't playing warzone boys! This BF has steered so far away from its roots, i don't even know what it's trying to be.

I wish BF2142 was still online, i had so much fun in that. I'm sure a re-release with the lag issues fixed would entice a lot more people!

Soldato
So I've unlocked all the barrels for the PKP-BP and 4 of them are identical stat wise (am sure it was the same on at least 2 other weapons too). 2 x vertical recoil control and 2 x horizontal recoil control. What's the difference?

Caporegime
So I've unlocked all the barrels for the PKP-BP and 4 of them are identical stat wise (am sure it was the same on at least 2 other weapons too). 2 x vertical recoil control and 2 x horizontal recoil control. What's the difference?

Nothing it is just looks. More than likely. There used to be a website so you could configure your weapons for BF3,4 etc although I think it is gone now. I am sure there are some attachments that are bugged however. Just need to wait and see who finds them or releases the real stats.

Those stat things are just rubbish anyway. If I use 5 round mag in SVD it is 2 shot kill. It goes up to 3 shot kill for the larger mags at range despite damage values not changing. I also think that stats do not stack because longer barrel did nothing to offset the larger mags on the SVD when it really should.

V F

V F

Soldato
It’s all I’ve been playing the game with. :confused:

Were you a Little Bird player back in the Battlefield 3/4 days? I remember hearing about some people on my team back then when some were using gamepads and joysticks to fly the aircraft. They were wickedly deadly pilots.

However, on the receiving end, that wasn't fun. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom