Kyle Rittenhouse - teen who shot three people in Kenosha

Permabanned
I think some of this criticism is based on something seeming more unusual than it actually is, just as we saw with the judge in the trial, people were making criticisms of this seemingly crazy judge on the basis of... well apparently no experience with crazy judges - just an expectation of how judges should behave from TV/films etc.. whereas actual US lawyers on social media were quick to shoot down lots of the criticism.

Similarly, with this politician (not sure why it's being discussed in this thread but meh, I guess no relevant updates to discuss at the moment), people (whether Europeans or urban Americans living on either coast) might not be as aware that it is quite standard behaviour by some Republicans/gun owners in the US to pose with guns like that. The family Christmas card with guns thing has been done before, including by politicians - some gun clubs over there have been reported to have had events where you can pose with guns with Santa etc..

This isn't the first time a politician has done it either - obviously, they expect it to be polarising, generate outrage from some etc.. and that is part of the point but as far as the timing is concerned, it is December, I doubt much thought was paid to any school shooting etc..

Here is another example from a few years ago:

hvWxjHa.jpg

The toddlers dont appear to have guns, I call fake.

Caporegime
No I don't think it was posted in response to a school shooting. I think it was posted as he and his family are clearly obsessed with guns/2A, its a great fund raiser/base rouser and it also owns the libs in their eyes. Its the timing or lack of sensitivity I'm questioning.[/QUOTEI

I just don't see this "owning the libs" thing here.

Caporegime
I said owns the libs in their eyes. As in causes liberals to be outraged. Politicians provoking outrage to aide their side isn't anything new. Posting this tweet 2 days after a school shooting is insensitive to say the least. Just hold it back for a week or 2.

That's what I mean though, I don't see someone posting a picture of their family with guns as a deliberate provocation.

I've posted pictures of myself with my repeater crossbow and it's not to make a political point.

Soldato
That's what I mean though, I don't see someone posting a picture of their family with guns as a deliberate provocation.

I've posted pictures of myself with my repeater crossbow and it's not to make a political point.

Are you a politician? You aren't, so you posting a pic holding a crossbow isn't remotely the same thing is it. Every tweet and Instagram post is considered by politicians. He is co-Chair of the 2A Caucus, of course this is political.

I do wonder why anyone would need an M60 to defend his home. To say its overkill is an understatement.

Man of Honour
Are you a politician? You aren't, so you posting a pic holding a crossbow isn't remotely the same thing is it. Every tweet and Instagram post is considered by politicians. He is co-Chair of the 2A Caucus, of course this is political.

I do wonder why anyone would need an M60 to defend his home. To say its overkill is an understatement.

But...what if you're attacked by supermutants or The Enclave or a pack of radscorpions? Or how about zombies? Or mutant zombies?

Joking aside, there is a faint defence argument to be made in the event of social collapse or invasion. Neither of which are likely, but the former is looking increasingly less unlikely. Bear in mind that the USA already has a powerful movement of authoritarianism and extreme irrational prejudices that routinely uses intimidation and force up to and including mob violence and which is politically protected and allowed to operate openly and which has plenty of funding and support. A movement that's very explicit about its belief that the lives of people not of the master group identity don't matter, so much so that the currently dominant branch of it is explicitly named for that belief. And that family is of what that ideology considers untermensch. Being heavily armed is not paranoia when they really are out to get you.

Man of Honour
Michele looks like she'd fall over her jean bottoms and blow her own foot off with her 12 g. All that's missing is Santa with a machine gun mounted on his sleigh.

I copied and pasted the photo and sent it to my younger son, saying, “My friends in the U.S. sent this and said to wish my sons a Merry Christmas.”
He replied, “Dad, if you ever go back to Texas I’m putting you in an old folks home.”

Soldato
Have you ever been to Philadelphia?

I have travelled through philly, memphis, atlanta, New Orleans, detroit etc.

Gun crime victims in Philly by race

Screenshot-20211204-174917-Chrome.jpg

https://www.pcgvr.org/philadelphia-shooting-victims-dashboard/

Screenshot-20211204-175247-Chrome.jpg

And let me tell you there are not all racially prejudicial crimes otherwise you would hear about it every day.

Who hasn't done the Rockie Run when in Philadelphia.

I said the same in another thread about blacks killing blacks and the libs don't care what so ever.

Caporegime
OP
The friend who supplied the rifle used has reached a plea deal - no jail time, just a $2000 fine:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/10/us/kyle-rittenhouse-dominick-black-gun.html
Dominick Black, a friend of Kyle Rittenhouse who faced two felony charges for buying a rifle used by Mr. Rittenhouse, has agreed to plead no contest to lesser charges in a deal announced in a Wisconsin courtroom on Monday.

To be fair taking a fine he can probably crowdsource vs risking two felony convictions seems like a total no-brainer.

I guess we just have the Joshua Ziminski trial now (the guy who fired the first shot that night).

Caporegime
The friend who supplied the rifle used has reached a plea deal - no jail time, just a $2000 fine:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/10/us/kyle-rittenhouse-dominick-black-gun.html

To be fair taking a fine he can probably crowdsource vs risking two felony convictions seems like a total no-brainer.

I guess we just have the Joshua Ziminski trial now (the guy who fired the first shot that night).

Pretty desperate by US standards to charge someone for supplying a rifle.

Back
Top Bottom