The England Cricket Thread

Associate
It was quite the exhilarating first days play despite the storm and the england capitulation.

Ashes tests in Aus since 1990 are 28 test wins for Aus, 6 for england. Its a shame they are very rarely competitive.

Soldato
Thanks for the correction. Still crazy to leave him out of this Test.
Yeah I agree, I know they want to keep them for the day nighter in Adelaide so thought they may have rested him or Anderson but not both.
It almost feels as if they are just giving this test away. Two bowlers with circa 1,200 wickets between them left out, batting first and then persisting with Leach for so many overs. Poor lad will be traumatised after that.

Soldato
Goodness me this BT Sport coverage is horrendous compared to Sky. Commentators are talking too much and offering nothing, and the analysis is really poor. Muted it and stuck TMS on

Soldato
If we can make the aussies bowl another 100 overs at us tomorrow/sunday and escape with a draw then resting broad and anderson who will be raring for game 2 (and there's not much of a break between the 2 matches for the aussie bowlers) will have definitely paid off.

Still a fairly big if.

Back
Top Bottom