Halo Infinite Mulitplayer (free and out now)

Soldato
I simply can't play this anymore :( The crashing is so bad, it's totally random, I've tried every fix possible bar a format. No other game has an issue, it's real shame as I am really enjoying the campaign :(

Soldato
Only a couple of missions in and it seems pretty good so far (I've only just arrived in the open world before I called it a night). The gunplay feels sharp and satisfying like you would expect, some of the guns do seem pretty inferior to others already though, unless it's just me not liking how they feel. The grappling hook seems to be the star so far, getting used to the targeting range will take a little time but I'm constantly trying to use it in both offensive and defensive moves, really good fun.

I think I might need to go and find some plot videos of the previous games to refresh as I have absolutely no idea what is going on at the moment. 1-3 I can remember ok, 4 & 5 I can barely recall anything and I've never played any of the Halo Wars games so there's obviously tonnes of important story points that I've missed :cry:

Halo Wars 2 is quite important to get more understanding from Infinite.

Soldato
I simply can't play this anymore :( The crashing is so bad, it's totally random, I've tried every fix possible bar a format. No other game has an issue, it's real shame as I am really enjoying the campaign :(
Not seen if you've posted before...but, have you tried uninstalling the texture pack?

I had constant crashes on my system, 'manage game add ons' then removed the high quality texture pack and not crashed once since!

Soldato
I can feel a refund coming on as I cannot even launch the game as it requires me to sign in and then does not send any verification codes to enable me to do so.
The odd thing is that I downloaded the Microsoft authenticator app and that too is not sending verify codes ot phone or email.

Soldato
Not seen if you've posted before...but, have you tried uninstalling the texture pack?

I had constant crashes on my system, 'manage game add ons' then removed the high quality texture pack and not crashed once since!

Oh yah, that an MAAANYYYYY other 'solutions'. I'm just gonna give it a couple of months for patches and drivers then get back into it.

Caporegime
I can feel a refund coming on as I cannot even launch the game as it requires me to sign in and then does not send any verification codes to enable me to do so.
The odd thing is that I downloaded the Microsoft authenticator app and that too is not sending verify codes ot phone or email.

Sounds like somebody has changed your contact details.

Soldato
Trying to launch and it's just bringing up Game Services in a popup :/
I had that issue earlier. If you delete then add back the high resolution texture pack, it should let you launch it again.

Performance was going great for me until I got to the open world part. Went from a rock solid 100FPS and as soon as I got outside it slowly started dropping as if I had a memory leak and stayed around 65-75fps.

That's with a 3090, everything set to Ultra and at 3840x1600

Associate
I had that issue earlier. If you delete then add back the high resolution texture pack, it should let you launch it again.

Performance was going great for me until I got to the open world part. Went from a rock solid 100FPS and as soon as I got outside it slowly started dropping as if I had a memory leak and stayed around 65-75fps.

That's with a 3090, everything set to Ultra and at 3840x1600

Yeah that worked.

As for performance I am getting around 90FPS in the open world mostly using the DF settings at 1440p.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Sigh, along with thje odd CTD in Horizon 5, this has CTD after about 20 mins. I was just getting into the gunplay too.

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll
Exception code: 0xe3430009

Seems to be plenty online about it but I already run my system without silly overlays, geforce experience, gamebars etc.

I do have it installed on a separate HDD, some suggest installing Windows Games on your Windows HDD, can't be bothered with that!

Associate
Dont understand why this is hard to run, the recommended specs are a rtx2070 yet people with 3080s are struggling...whats that all about? lol i get good smooth fps in multiplayer but have the min fps set to 82 so dont think im playing at true 1440p

Still it looks good enough for me and if i can get similar results in campaign then i will be happy, im in 2 minds whether to buy it or not, dont want to waste the money if its unplayable for me at 1440p, anyone else playing this with a 2070?

Associate
Dont understand why this is hard to run, the recommended specs are a rtx2070 yet people with 3080s are struggling...whats that all about? lol i get good smooth fps in multiplayer but have the min fps set to 82 so dont think im playing at true 1440p

Still it looks good enough for me and if i can get similar results in campaign then i will be happy, im in 2 minds whether to buy it or not, dont want to waste the money if its unplayable for me at 1440p, anyone else playing this with a 2070?
Campaign runs much, much worse than the small 4v4 maps. Take big team battle and slash a good 20-30% performance off - thats what to expect. Check out the campaign benchmarks here:

Associate
Campaign runs much, much worse than the small 4v4 maps. Take big team battle and slash a good 20-30% performance off - thats what to expect. Check out the campaign benchmarks here:

WOW thats terrible performance lol defo going to give it a miss...get on average around 90fps to 120fps on big team battle with minimum fps set to 82...looks like i would be at under 40fps by that benchmark in campaign lol poop to that!

Soldato
i have been playing around with the gfx and res scaling and its very hard to see difference between low and high, and also 100% res scaling and 80% res scaling so I just run low settings and 85% res scaling and it never faults, it is very heavy though which is weird.

Xbox app is beyond crap also, but still enjoying the campaign and multiplayer!

Soldato
Still in the ship so have not been playing long but thus far it is certainly not a 'wow' experience.
Lets hope for some improvement once I get out.
Runs very well though.

Back
Top Bottom