Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade - Now on Steam & Epic Games

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Please, not on the damn Epic Store... I was waiting for this.
Yep. My thoughts also. Even with all their free games I have not installed it and never will.

This, EPIC was the first store to do exclusives on PC platforms (excluding the others own games on their own launchers). And the EPIC launcher it's self is so gash, so I'll just find this via alternative means.
Yeah, that is what I will be doing. Will buy once it hits steam as I want it in my collection :)

Soldato
OP
Yeah, that is what I will be doing. Will buy once it hits steam as I want it in my collection :)

All my Final Fantasy games are in a nice little steam folder, plus the mod community is much better on Steam so for me I'm going to hold out another 6 months to a year. Really sucks though having waited 18 months or so already.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
All my Final Fantasy games are in a nice little steam folder, plus the mod community is much better on Steam so for me I'm going to hold out another 6 months to a year. Really sucks though having waited 18 months or so already.
Yea, it does. But as I already played it I do not mind as much as if I hadn’t. I think I will reward the publisher by waiting for it to be on half price sale on steam before buying. They already got money out of me when it was released (though I did end up selling it making only a fiver loss after a month of keeping it as I recall) :p

Soldato
The mention of 'starting at 69.99' has vanished from the store page and EG reporting its gonna be 65 quid. Still too expensive, maybe EGS will have tenner vouchers again but I am not sure I would bite even at 55 :p

Soldato
OP
The mention of 'starting at 69.99' has vanished from the store page and EG reporting its gonna be 65 quid. Still too expensive, maybe EGS will have tenner vouchers again but I am not sure I would bite even at 55 :p

Where did you see it mentioned for £65? All the subreddits I've seen are discussing the removal due to backlash but I haven't seen any change in price mentioned.

Soldato
Price is a bit steep for a digital release, but it is a good game. I do have a problem paying the same price for digital as physical with a few exceptions.
I'd have paid up to £40. (If it was a PC only digital release then I'd probably would stump up the £70, but as the PS4/5 physical release exists it makes this poor value)

Hopefully digital foundry will do a comparison Vid.

I've got it on PS4 Pro/5, only recently got a PS5 so yet to play it on that with the DLC.

Soldato
The PS 1 original cost £40, so £74.45 with inflation factored in. So pricing for this PC release is similar to the 1997 version, but no resale value for the PC Remake.

As my original PS1 copy is in mint condition I can get over £40 for it, but I'd be losing a little due to inflation. :D

Soldato
The PS 1 original cost £40, so £74.45 with inflation factored in. So pricing for this PC release is similar to the 1997 version, but no resale value for the PC Remake.

Yes, but that is for the complete game. This isn't the complete game, it's £70 for the first part of the game, Midgar only.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yes, but that is for the complete game. This isn't the complete game, it's £70 for the first part of the game, Midgar only.
I do know what you mean, but can’t really look at it like that. Must use how many hours of gameplay as a metric.

Also consider this probably cost loads more to make this the original did.

I am not defending the price by the way. I don’t like to pay more than £35 for digital steam keys myself. I usually just buy from CDKeys.

Associate
They always said they were releasing this in parts rather than one complete game , i would rather it was done all at once but it is what it is and with the scale they are now going for it would be years before we ever got to see the whole thing. Pita yes but it has enough content to keep you busy for now considering it will take you 40 to 50 hours or so to complete if running though it where as the whole original game could be completed in that time span . should give you some indication on how much bigger this now is. Price is a bit on the expensive side but would say its probably worth £50 on PC if you have never played it before ....

This is my last save on the main game which i haven't even fully completed as still have a few combat simulator challenges left and not defeated Weiss which is akin to fighting one of the weapons difficulty wise:mad: add 10 to 20 hours for the dlc and you get the idea ...

FINAL-FANTASY-VII-REMAKE-20211212112348.jpg

Soldato
OP
They always said they were releasing this in parts rather than one complete game , i would rather it was done all at once but it is what it is and with the scale they are now going for it would be years before we ever got to see the whole thing. Pita yes but it has enough content to keep you busy for now considering it will take you 40 to 50 hours or so to complete if running though it where as the whole original game could be completed in that time span . should give you some indication on how much bigger this now is. Price is a bit on the expensive side but would say its probably worth £50 on PC if you have never played it before ....

Those people wanted a remaster, not a remake. I get it, it's not what they wanted and they want to make it known their upset.

There's an amazing mod community for FF7 that practically gives you that remaster feeling already.

Soldato
Those people wanted a remaster, not a remake. I get it, it's not what they wanted and they want to make it known their upset.

There's an amazing mod community for FF7 that practically gives you that remaster feeling already.

I'd definitely have loved a remaster in these graphics that's for sure - I mainly wanted it to be a 1:1 retelling without the destruction of 20 year's worth of story, but I appreciate that other people aren't like me. People can say this is a full game to them, but if say Witcher 3 had released with just content up to Novigrad next year with new and improved graphics/systems etc people would complain just the same as I am. I've put thousands of hours into the Final Fantasy series altogether and no doubt just want what is unobtainable. I'd have rather waited 4-5 more years for a complete solution.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Which mod is that? Not sure if it is the one I played 4-5 years ago as I kind of forgot already, but looks good.

I will mod it and play it on my Steam Deck next year :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'd definitely have loved a remaster in these graphics that's for sure - I mainly wanted it to be a 1:1 retelling without the destruction of 20 year's worth of story, but I appreciate that other people aren't like me. People can say this is a full game to them, but if say Witcher 3 had released with just content up to Novigrad next year with new and improved graphics/systems etc people would complain just the same as I am. I've put thousands of hours into the Final Fantasy series altogether and no doubt just want what is unobtainable. I'd have rather waited 4-5 more years for a complete solution.
I would have liked this also, but better than nothing I suppose.

Soldato
OP
Which mod is that? Not sure if it is the one I played 4-5 years ago as I kind of forgot already, but looks good.

I will mod it and play it on my Steam Deck next year :D

There's 2 main mods used in the images.

Graphics
Character Models

There's an all in one mod manager that most people use here That mod should have both the above and a lot more that's really easy to use.

Caporegime
Is Square Enix trying their hardest to irritate everyone with this remake?

I could get onboard with the story being split into parts and being sold separately as there are benefits to be had from that, however that is already triple-dipping. The exclusivity deal for PS is also imo reasonable even if it's irritating, but it starts getting quite impossible to justify once we add in the double dipping on a three part series of the first part with intergrade.

Is that going to happen with part 2/3 as well? Presumably a PS5 Pro is coming out to complicate things and the PS6 might be around by part 3 which poses another cross-gen development release. Both of these will presumably be subject to two more rounds of PS exclusivity along with possibilities for DLC exclusivity (Intergrade) as well, on top of Epic exclusivity for all these releases? Farcical.

Think I'll be waiting, it's not like I can be spoiled by a story I've already experienced.

Soldato
OP
I remember 7th Heaven, but not sure about the other two. I think the character models are relatively newish. They look good.

7th Heaven has been around years. It was updated to 2.0 last year and really changed how easy it became to download and run.

The character models have been around a while now but have become the best of the lot. The graphical/background mod was initially overshadowed by an inferior mod that gained widespread attention online but that has since changed.

Definitely worth playing with and a few others out there.

Back
Top Bottom