• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unreal Engine 5 - unbelievable.

Soldato
It's good enough to be constantly triggering my uncanny valley response, which is rather off putting, whilst simultaneously being seriously impressive.

However a matrix game should absolutely be in VR.

Soldato
The environment looks great but a lot of the animated objects are struggling to match the quality of the environment. This was also an issue with the first demo on PS5 but we only the woman was moving in that demo.

It seems like we aren't there yet, for high quality animated meshes. Regardless Great job by the unreal team to reach that uncanny valley

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Surprised the usual "will be 30 fps junk on console" crew haven't chimed in.

In fairness although it does look amazing it is a pretty low frame rate and does feel sluggish.

Would be interested to run the same demo on my 3090FE to see how it compares.

Soldato
This is why 1440p and 4k will be king for a long time, visuals will get pushed needing high end GPUs for decently high FPS, and only within the last year or so 4k screens got decent Hz & pixel response too.

I wonder how well this Matrix demo would run on a 3080.. near 60FPS? Or more? A game like this would love the next gen cards later next year.

Soldato
In fairness although it does look amazing it is a pretty low frame rate and does feel sluggish.

Would be interested to run the same demo on my 3090FE to see how it compares.

It would still be extremely demanding.

The Xbox series X is running this at a low resolution, which is then upscaled to 1600p and framerate is 24-30fps

Soldato
Not available on pc, despite being made on pc.

3gAZmKM.png

Everything is made on PC, all games.

And actually it will be available next year on PC. The entire demo, its source code and assets will downloadable and available for public use when Unreal Engine 5 is released to the public in 2022

Back
Top Bottom