• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unreal Engine 5 - unbelievable.

Soldato
So are there any downloadable UE5 tech demos yet ? I know the valley of the ancients exists but it's quite bland, Pretty but it's just terrain.
I don't think there are any other demos yet. All the content that is being posted i believe comes from Artist/devs who have megascans accounts so they are just loading the assets in to test it out.

Soldato
I believe A.I. is CPU side and the PS4 and XONE had poor CPUs. We may get lucky this generation.

They were weak all over, from CPU, to GPU an even storage.
AI, yes, I don't know if anyone does it on GPU now, but it proved back then that it can done on a massive parallel architecture (like a GPU).

"The Froblins demo employs state-of-the-art, massively parallel artificial intelligence computation for dynamic path finding and local avoidance on the GPU. The froblins busily move from goal to goal while avoiding treacherous regions of the terrain. The characters spend time working at gold mines, foraging wild mushrooms, and napping at their camp sites. The user can explore every corner of this virtual world by flying around the environment using a variety of input paradigms. The user may also influence the behavior of the froblins by placing new goals in the environment and even adding new obstacles such as dangerous poison fields and summoning pull-rightening ghost froblins! As new goals and obstacles are placed in the environment, the froblins adapt by dynamically changing their paths."

https://gpuopen.com/archived/radeon-hd-4800-series-real-time-demos/

Back
Top Bottom