• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Is there any £100+ controller that doesn't have any issues?

Elite 2, a selection box of issues, Razer Wolverine Ultimate (designed when the Elite V1 was still around) and the Wolverine V2 Chroma all have issues.

I don't care about wireless/wired if i am paying top dollar but the Ultimate is available for £103, the Chroma V2 for £105 or the Elite for just over £120.

But my god, you'd expect less issues with the more money you spend.

Soldato
I'd like a new controller.

I've got the standard one that comes with the Series X had it a year.

From day one I've always said it feels cheap in hand. The quality of the plastics.

Any recommendations for a new controller ?

Associate
Ive tried a few wired controllers recently and found the 8bitdo Pro2 ,Turtle Beach Recon and the Nacon pro compact all pretty decent.

The Turtle Beach has a great " superhuman hearing effect" which works well for hearing nearby enemies footsteps in games like Apex and COD ... its feels very lightweight though.

The Nacon Pro Compact has Dolby Atmos built in and is really good if you have smaller hands.

The best one for me was the 8bitdo pro2 wired controller as it has good build quality and a classic feel.

Caporegime
Try the PowerA controllers if you don't care about wired. They have many different options, back buttons or paddles and ours is fantastic. A bit off stick drift after a year or so but that's easily cancelled out in game settings. Very solid controllers.

Soldato
It's free COD Vanguard weekend, but I cannot for the life of me find it on Xbox.

Tried searching 'vanguard free access' - nothing. Tried looking for free weekend panel - not there. Tried looking at all of the Vanguard versions, no trial button there.

Anyone else?

I found it instantly on PS5 but cannot locate it anywhere on Xbox.

Soldato
It's free COD Vanguard weekend, but I cannot for the life of me find it on Xbox.

Tried searching 'vanguard free access' - nothing. Tried looking for free weekend panel - not there. Tried looking at all of the Vanguard versions, no trial button there.

Anyone else?

I found it instantly on PS5 but cannot locate it anywhere on Xbox.

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/call-of-duty-vanguard-xbox-series-x-s/9mwhtw1sf7rw

Shows trial for me.

Screenshot-2021-12-19-113449.jpg

Man of Honour
Same here, had the Elite 1 and now got the 2. Hammered them both and the 2 is still going strong without issues. There is always the vocal minority who will say it is rubbish out of the umpteen thousand of units out there :)

The main problem is with the poor analog sticks, which is an issue on 100% of the controllers. They are loose and inaccurate compared to the normal controller and the Elite V1, although this may not bother some people it is ridiculous to have such poor sticks with enormous amounts of wobble and therefore stick drift on low deadzone settings on such an expensive "premium" controller.

It's easily fixed by soldering the cheapo base model analog sticks onto the Elite V2 for an enormous improvement.

Soldato
The main problem is with the poor analog sticks, which is an issue on 100% of the controllers. They are loose and inaccurate compared to the normal controller and the Elite V1, although this may not bother some people it is ridiculous to have such poor sticks with enormous amounts of wobble and therefore stick drift on low deadzone settings on such an expensive "premium" controller.

It's easily fixed by soldering the cheapo base model analog sticks onto the Elite V2 for an enormous improvement.
Nah, none of those issues all in yer head fella :p

Soldato
I've fixed a few of them now, the difference in night and day. It's important for people to know that moving from a V1 to a V2 is a big downgrade, as it's a lot of money for some.
Of course that is only your opinion whereas I disagree and say there is nothing wrong with the Elite 2 and suspect the numbers sold to complaints ratio is in my favour :)

Man of Honour
Of course that is only your opinion whereas I disagree and say there is nothing wrong with the Elite 2 and suspect the numbers sold to complaints ratio is in my favour :)

Unfortunately your opinion is irrelevant here, it's a fact that the sticks are looser than the standard controller or the Elite V1.

Whether this is an issue for each individual is an opinion.

Caporegime

The class action lawsuit and Microsoft extending the warranty on Elite 2 controllers would suggest you are wrong. TBH I remember people one here telling me over and over there was no problem with the X360 red ring of death and I must be abusing my consoles.

Soldato
The class action lawsuit and Microsoft extending the warranty on Elite 2 controllers would suggest you are wrong. TBH I remember people one here telling me over and over there was no problem with the X360 red ring of death and I must be abusing my consoles.

Suggest is not fact.

Class action :cry: that means nothing can't anyone in America lodge one if some grubby lawyer can get a couple of people to sign on.

Unfortunately your opinion is irrelevant here, it's a fact that the sticks are looser than the standard controller or the Elite V1.

Whether this is an issue for each individual is an opinion.
Your the one saying is a downgrade when it's not that is your option, you change you sticks if it makes you feel better :)

Soldato
I'd like a new controller.

I've got the standard one that comes with the Series X had it a year.

From day one I've always said it feels cheap in hand. The quality of the plastics.

Any recommendations for a new controller ?

The 20 year anniversary controller is a nice feeling controller if you don’t want to go for the Elite one.

Soldato
Anyone have a problem with their controller just disconnecting for no reason? It's started doing it more and more for no reason whatsoever, it's fully charged, removed and refitted play and charge kit but still doing then it'll suddenly start working normally

Back
Top Bottom