• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I looked and they are still in stock. Just checked with my sister if nephew would like one, wants a PS5...

Shame as its an awesome console and he is missing out, oh well.

Associate
In stock at Very albeit delivery end of Dec but may be sooner.
Got one from Very a couple of days ago for a friend...said delivery was 24th dec but received it already. Pretty impressed with MS and Sony for delivering so many before Xmas. could have bought several Xbox's now and also PS5's.

Associate
The only downside now is there aren’t likely to be any more until March as the next lot will be coming by container ship.
true, but if you were planning on getting one for a birthday or something in beginning of the year, you'd prob of tried it already...demand should go down after xmas now...my eldest got an xsx last christmas and I got one for my youngest for this xmas back in jun when some stock arrived. Knowing there's a constant stock shortage, I don't leave things last minute anymore(if I can help it)

Soldato
Got one from Very a couple of days ago for a friend...said delivery was 24th dec but received it already. Pretty impressed with MS and Sony for delivering so many before Xmas. could have bought several Xbox's now and also PS5's.

Agree yeah been very easy to get both lately.

The only downside now is there aren’t likely to be any more until March as the next lot will be coming by container ship.

Gives you another 3 months to flip-flop about what you're doing, adding on from the 12 months you've already spent :)

Caporegime
OP
Gives you another 3 months to flip-flop about what you're doing, adding on from the 12 months you've already spent :)

No, it's all been decided now. I've got my Series S and that's it. I'm going to use that, upgrade my PC and XCloud/PS Now. Next purchase will not be a new TV but a lovely ultra-wide monitor.

Soldato
I'm a PS5 owner and have a PC with an ancient GPU, with no prospect of upgrading that GPU any time soon. I've been quietly looking at Game Pass and it's pull finally made me cave in.

Ordered a Series X yesterday from Game on All Access. Console was delivered 15mins ago! I definitely chose a good time. Feel bad in a way, as people that have been waiting and hunting for weeks on end for stock and I literally have ordered and got it in hand in less than 24hrs. There must have been huge amounts of stock that came in yesterday looking at how long they stayed in stock for. Game All Acess still seems to be in stock also.

I've not owned an Xbox since the 360 days, feeling the excitement all over again.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Managed to nab a Series X from Very, due for delivery on the 31st of this month. managed to get one through the hot stock app on my phone.

Tried to get one from Game on the all access option but order kept failing. Already got a Series S but will sell that on.

Soldato
Managed to nab a Series X from Very, due for delivery on the 31st of this month. managed to get one through the hot stock app on my phone.

Tried to get one from Game on the all access option but order kept failing. Already got a Series S but will sell that on.

Awesome! :D

Been playing Generation Zero with the Mrs the last couple of days thanks to GP. Not too bad overall but my god it is a blurry mess on the S. I can't tell if its DRS, extreme DoF, motion blur or something else going on. I understand the S is running One S code base but honestly even on the X it doesn't look all that much better.

Biggest issue was trying to get our headsets to work for party chat. Should work based on all the troubleshooting steps I read and actually functioning are two very different things!

Soldato
Yep :) The Series S have served me well but time to get the X for the 4k goodness on me new(ish) telly lol

You will certainly enjoy the X on the 4K TV. I am running the S on my UW monitor with it outputting at 1440p in the console and scaled with black bars either side on the monitor itself. Also found I can do picture by picture so end up with two 17**x1440 windows, one for the PC and one for the console. Will have to try streaming using that setup as I don't have room for a second monitor right now.

Have you tried gen Z?

jpm

jpm

Associate
Have you tried gen Z?

No haven't tried that but noticed it was on GP, been playing Outriders and Borderlands 3 with the missus. Been playing Halo Infinite to while she has her horror fix with The Suicide of Rachel Foster (god knows) lol

Did you sort out the party chat? We were having trouble to but for some reason it worked after a few tries. I do feel Xbox have gone a bit backwards with its party chat function.

Soldato
No haven't tried that but noticed it was on GP, been playing Outriders and Borderlands 3 with the missus. Been playing Halo Infinite to while she has her horror fix with The Suicide of Rachel Foster (god knows) lol

Did you sort out the party chat? We were having trouble to but for some reason it worked after a few tries. I do feel Xbox have gone a bit backwards with its party chat function.

Ended up using a old pair of Turtle Beach Headphones as nothing seemed to work for my existing SS Arctis headset - even connecting the exact same way didn't work. No idea why as they work fine on the PS5 and PC..

jpm

jpm

Associate
Ended up using a old pair of Turtle Beach Headphones as nothing seemed to work for my existing SS Arctis headset - even connecting the exact same way didn't work. No idea why as they work fine on the PS5 and PC..

I bought myself a pair of Turtle Beach to, Gave the missus my Asus ones. Not bad gotta be fair and that windows sonic option for the audio makes a difference when using a headset. Surround sound.

Back
Top Bottom