Epic is giving away big games for the next few weeks again

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Why is Epic even using AWS in the first place, they should have their own data centres considering their size. Wonder if they will offer Second Extinction for another few hours.

IIRC, Amazon provide 99.9% availability, have lots of functionality (eg scale ability, failover and backup capabilities) and with their economies of scale, do it relatively cheaply.

Associate
IIRC, Amazon provide 99.9% availability, have lots of functionality (eg scale ability, failover and backup capabilities) and with their economies of scale, do it relatively cheaply.

People forget that 99.9% availability isn't the same as 100% availability. There's a good calculator here - https://uptime.is/

99.9% availability means that you should expect the service to be unavailable for around 9 hours per year.

Soldato
People forget that 99.9% availability isn't the same as 100% availability. There's a good calculator here - https://uptime.is/

99.9% availability means that you should expect the service to be unavailable for around 9 hours per year.

I think it more means that they would be in breach of contract if availability falls below that, and they would have to compensate you.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I think it more means that they would be in breach of contract if availability falls below that, and they would have to compensate you.

In theory, it’s the contract. Sometimes it’s service credits, sometimes it’s just overlooked. Mainly it’s about the relationship and how formally it’s approached. Some give and take often exists.

Man of Honour
So is there a flail weapon in Pathfinder for tomorrow?

There is one in the cover artwork for the Pathfinder Kingmaker yeah

60050_Pathfinder_Kingmaker.jpg

Soldato
Vampyr is a cracking game, like arkham asylum meets RPG.

I say arkham asylum as the fighting bits are difficult and frankly janky until you skill up your fighting skills a bit. (if thats how you want to play it).

Back
Top Bottom