Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Soldato
It's mainly the level 1 SKS and MP5 you are given. I miss a lot of easy shots on the SKS from about 40 metres onwards.

See, early game I find the SKS lethally accurate, it's my go to early wipe and have some decent runs with it. Maybe something to do with your FOV settings perhaps, this can affect things?

This was from the 2nd day of wipe - the stutters are from the server being weird.

Soldato
are wipes seasonal in this? or will they one day end?

At the moment they are done based on new updates/content being added. So new map and content added 10 days ago (Lighthouse map) - so roughly a couple of wipes a year at the moment.

What's the end game? Who knows.....

Soldato
Oh my dear, Shoreline is quite a difficult map today. Firs run somebody shoots at me from far away, can only hear bullets whizzing by so I run around a huge rock out of sight of supposed direction of fire and hide inside bushes, some minutes later a grenade lands near my and I am dead. Second run, spawn in near a house, go in, not much there, come out and run and headshot. Third run, spawn in, run until red stamina and hide in bushes to recover stamina and then head eyes inside bushes. All runs I got killed couple of minutes into the match. Rough times.

The jump scares from sudden headshots are unpleasant as well :p

4th run: lying down in tall grass and bushes...killed, this time thorax for a change. I have no idea how to do quests on this map, everybody is pro-gamer that can see through bushes on this map.

5th time the charm, all I had to do is hide in an obscure spot for 25min and then do the quests. I have PTSD from sniper headshots on shoreline now :D

Last edited:
Associate
At the moment they are done based on new updates/content being added. So new map and content added 10 days ago (Lighthouse map) - so roughly a couple of wipes a year at the moment.

What's the end game? Who knows.....

They have said that you will likely have 2 pmcs. One permanent and one with regular wipes. They would also be in separate queues

Soldato
Game **** the bed for me and a lot of others on gift redemption yesterday, all stacks of money and ammo reduced to 1.

Woke this morning with money back and 1 million rouble compensation, so not all bad :D

Soldato
Oh my dear, Shoreline is quite a difficult map today. Firs run somebody shoots at me from far away, can only hear bullets whizzing by so I run around a huge rock out of sight of supposed direction of fire and hide inside bushes, some minutes later a grenade lands near my and I am dead. Second run, spawn in near a house, go in, not much there, come out and run and headshot. Third run, spawn in, run until red stamina and hide in bushes to recover stamina and then head eyes inside bushes. All runs I got killed couple of minutes into the match. Rough times.

The jump scares from sudden headshots are unpleasant as well :p

4th run: lying down in tall grass and bushes...killed, this time thorax for a change. I have no idea how to do quests on this map, everybody is pro-gamer that can see through bushes on this map.

5th time the charm, all I had to do is hide in an obscure spot for 25min and then do the quests. I have PTSD from sniper headshots on shoreline now :D

yeah - despite 1000's of hours on the game - nothing still scares me as much as the dull thud as a sniper shot penetrates your head without warning....

Sui

Sui

Soldato
This patch has been a game changer imo, it’s brilliant.

I believe I read/heard they want to get it to 1.0 next year, might have been on Pestily’s channel.

Just imagine this game on a better engine, god damn.

Back
Top Bottom