• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official Alder Lake owners thread ***

zia

zia

Associate
Also, I have been testing running 6000 / 6200 CL32 T1 and it brings huge performance increases but it's a real juggling at moment to stabilize Samsung.

My daily at the moment is 6000 C32 1T, 6200 / 6400 / 6600 profiles need a bit more work which I am doing on the Apex.

I did try 0803 and have major issue with it,computer would not load into windows kept coming back with

"Driver verifier DMA violation".it would not boot into windows at all,rechecked everything seemed fine, rolled back to stock bios, booted fine into windows.

Zia

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I did try 0803 and have major issue with it,computer would not load into windows kept coming back with

"Driver verifier DMA violation".it would not boot into windows at all,rechecked everything seemed fine, rolled back to stock bios, booted fine into windows.

Zia

0803 isn't great from my testing, as it made Samsung memory more unstable than it already is but didn't help with a faulty set of RAM.

0811 is a huge improvement although it still needs work.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
That latency thou :( ddr4 can be around 44

Not with the E cores enabled it won't as you are limited by the ring ratio, I can turn them off and get into the 40's that's a non issue.

Unless you are using the magic of downbinning. ;)

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I'll double check my MSI Edge DDR4 board results, as I remember hitting a wall (Could be lemon CPU) on that board around 4000 CL16 on DR sticks but I have not tested any of the newer bios' on that.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
So my alder lake is having some issues with hard locks if I load up the XMP profile at >5000 mhz even though its 5200 ram :(

Ideally, for 4 DIMM kits, they should be matched and on the QVL, I do recall running 4 DIMM DDR5 means you need to run them slower.

However, ensure you are running the 0811 bios as that helps with memory a lot, but it could be the case of needing to manually tweak the settings.

Associate
Not with the E cores enabled it won't as you are limited by the ring ratio, I can turn them off and get into the 40's that's a non issue.

Unless you are using the magic of downbinning. ;)

what ring is max mhz with e cores enabled?
haven't touched that yet

I swear I've personally seen 48's in adia..

RSR

RSR

Soldato
what ring is max mhz with e cores enabled?
haven't touched that yet

I swear I've personally seen 48's in adia..

I think it's around 40-42 but I don't really have a good sample to test with so I could be corrected on that one.

You can get more with the down binning option, so you set a range of 48 to 30 for example in the BIOS. I am sure using this option, the workload doesn't touch the E cores. I've not had time to test that yet, it's only what I have seen from various people in the community.

Aida also has the option to run the tests with just the P Cores as well I believe.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Also on a side note, you need to be running 6600 - 7000 on DDR5 to get into the 40's. It just takes quite a bit of effort at the moment, till more mature DDR5 comes out.

Hynix seems the go-to brand at the moment.

Soldato
Just finished off my 6000 daily profile, very happy with the results.

QjF5iRr.png

Nice result :) What voltage did you have to use for those timings?

Not had time to tune mine yet, just threw a very quick 200Mhz overclock on my new Gskill 6000Mhz C36 kit with CPU at stock on the older 0803 BIOS, will have to try lower timings and CR1 @ 6000Mhz on the 0811 BIOS

zuFExv8.png

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Nice result :) What voltage did you have to use for those timings?

Not had time to tune mine yet, just threw a very quick 200Mhz overclock on my new Gskill 6000Mhz C36 kit with CPU at stock on the older 0803 BIOS, will have to try lower timings and CR1 @ 6000Mhz on the 0811 BIOS

zuFExv8.png

That’s at 1.400 on the ram voltage and stable for over 5000% coverage on RAM test.

That’s on my 6000C40 kit, the 36 one is on the Apex.

Back
Top Bottom