• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
Stopped looking long ago, my 2070 still has plenty of life in it. Would have been nice to upgrade though. Will never pay current prices.

Associate
True, but that is a very niche part of the gaming community. If you want to remain a PC sim player then you are going to have to either stick with the hardware you have got or stump up increasing amounts of cash to keep your machine relevant. This is going to cause fewer people to enter the PC sim community which in turn will mean there is less money to be made for sim developers which will mean less sim games. A downward spiral.

I think what you'll see is we just get more products at the same level of fidelity whilst people catch up and the PC hardware supplies sort themselves out. Sims like DCS and MSFS will get broader and have more options imho but there will be much less incentive to make a v2.0 product supporting the latest and greatest features from next gen GPUs. Paradoxically the nextgen hardware will imho offer less value as a result cos who in their right mind is going to develop for a hardware platform too few will adopt... those that dive into it will simply enjoy more of the same why a better frame rate but if they are coming from a 3080/6800XT or more unless they are into VR not sure what benefit they will see.

Associate
Anybody notice the key note had the comments section turned off in Youtube !

Everything software is geared towards RTX and they are making them near impossible to own !

Associate
I've literally just managed to bag a series X at MSRP and with having the PS5 as well I can say I'm having so much more fun with ps Now and game pass something which with the combined prices would only net me a 3070 or so graphics card. I've not touched my pc and a proper game for actual months now.. thinking of selling It and just having my laptop..

Soldato
I've literally just managed to bag a series X at MSRP and with having the PS5 as well I can say I'm having so much more fun with ps Now and game pass something which with the combined prices would only net me a 3070 or so graphics card. I've not touched my pc and a proper game for actual months now.. thinking of selling It and just having my laptop..

thinking of selling It and just having my laptop .... I can see this being what a fair few people end up doing.

I was thinking about a complete PC re-build round Windows 11 and the latest Intel CPU. But if I can't get (IE. afford) a new GPU. Then I can't see the point at the moment, as my new build would end up pretty "unbalanced" (IE. new CPU but a previous/previous gen GPU).

Think I'll just wait it out altogether and see how the land lies later in 2022.

Strange times...............

Back
Top Bottom