• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Retailer will send you another one it's covered for loss etc, anything else that worries you ? :p

So far 670gtx in machine giving me no issues that I can tell, only worrying thing is card having a problem or will start having crashes in games and whatnot lul

Already predownloaded the drivers, nearly 1gb :O

I had a hard drive fail (10TB) between power downs and power ups before (clicked shut down to blow out dust from fans etc) and despite this being over 6 years ago I still get really bad feeling in pit of stomach every time I even restart it let alone shut down to give it a clean lol

Associate
I want to buy the 3060ti for a sff build but because I bought a 3090 from their first drop over a year ago I’m still blocked and told me they don’t know when this will be lifted. These shortages are just silly :(

Associate
I want to buy the 3060ti for a sff build but because I bought a 3090 from their first drop over a year ago I’m still blocked and told me they don’t know when this will be lifted. These shortages are just silly :(
I understand why there is a limit in place but one per complete range seems a tad excessive to me

Soldato
Lots of worriers here. It is only a graphics card lol.

My experience was that once you've added it to your cart, you get some time to finish the order.

2nd thing is checking payment details, address and probably ip address too. This is generally where it goes wrong (tried to buy another FE a while go, but didn't change details), so should be good if payment is accepted.

In hindsight, I wonder if I could have brought one today from my phone's 4G connection, even though I'm on Three's 200mb free data sim package... would've needed my login details to hand though.

Does anyone know if third party payment methods like Wise (aka TransferWise) would be accepted to buy an FE card? Its a Mastercard (debit) so in theory, this should work.

Last edited:
Soldato

My experience was that once you've added it to your cart, you get some time to finish the order.

2nd thing is checking payment details, address and probably ip address too. This is generally where it goes wrong (tried to buy another FE a while go, but didn't change details), so should be good if payment is accepted.

In hindsight, I wonder if I could have brought one today from my phone's 4G connection, even though I'm on Three's 200mb free data sim package... would've needed my login details to hand though.

Does anyone know if third party payment methods like Wise (aka TransferWise) would be accepted to buy an FE card? Its a Mastercard (debit) so in theory, this should work.
It would if it’s your only order but it won’t go through if you try again.

They won’t even accept PayPal when buying an FE card.

Associate

When its taken months to be able to snag one by being at the computer at the right time (Phone for some reason doesnt always get discord notifications, its really odd) and you could miss it just going for a pee the worries are justified especially when if something goes wrong you have placed an order for one regardless and may be excluded from all future attempts if you failed.

This will be replacing a 670gtx for me if it goes through, think im going to have to wait til tomorrow to find out though :(

I can be such a nervous wreck to the point of being physically sick if something bad happens or im closing in on having to go to dentist (really not a fan), can be quite bad for those that jump to worst case scenario for everything.

Hopefully now I can not get a daunting feeling at every discord sound lol

Soldato
Yup, I agree the timing does suck, you have to be ready to buy in a very narrow window. My phone isn't the best, I've never trusted it much for transactions like this, but maybe this feeling is unjustified. I think it would take some preparation to complete on a phone though...

On the other hand, the probability is that if you have the telegram app ready, you will eventually get one if you keep trying. I did find it a frustrating/ difficult process to get a RTX 3070 FE, before I started using an alert app.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
My purchase on the last drop was purely by luck. I don't have Telegram but another member posted the link on WhatsApp and I just happened to be in the group at the time and snagged it within minutes!

It's all luck now even with telegram because as said above, not everyone can order via their mobile effectively or even quick enough and the window to go from basket to order on desktop is narrow too.

Soldato
My purchase on the last drop was purely by luck. I don't have Telegram but another member posted the link on WhatsApp and I just happened to be in the group at the time and snagged it within minutes!

It's all luck now even with telegram because as said above, not everyone can order via their mobile effectively or even quick enough and the window to go from basket to order on desktop is narrow too.

I'm still wondering how I managed to do it!

Associate
Yup, I agree the timing does suck, you have to be ready to buy in a very narrow window. My phone isn't the best, I've never trusted it much for transactions like this, but maybe this feeling is unjustified. I think it would take some preparation to complete on a phone though...

On the other hand, the probability is that if you have the telegram app ready, you will eventually get one if you keep trying. I did find it a frustrating/ difficult process to get a RTX 3070 FE, before I started using an alert app.
couldnt do the telegram app on ipad, wanted a phone number.

I got no data plan on my phone, im still floating on £10 PAYG topup I got at end of 2020

Soldato
Gotta use a phone for that, as you say. I emailed myself the link from my phone when I bought my RTX 3070 FE. There's a desktop app too for telegram that is faster than emailing yourself though.

Soldato
I understand why there is a limit in place but one per complete range seems a tad excessive to me
If you could buy one of each then people could buy 6 which would make it much more differcult to even get one.

Before they put the limits and restrictions in place there were people that bought 50+ cards from the same drop using bots so having a 1 per household is certainly fairer.

Back
Top Bottom