• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
There’s a guy local to me on marketplace who lists several cards every drop. I can’t see so many family members being sat by a pc and being quick enough to order. There’s a few eBay sellers too that get cards every drop too, quite annoying but hopefully it won’t be much longer when it all sorts itself out.

I’m on a forum where people are already offering cards for sale from last nights drop at highly inflated prices so now you have people buying for the sake of it to contend with.

Simple, he either is part of a subscription service that be pays to circumvent the checks, puts money in the account and it buys them for him taking a cut. Other option is having contacts/family that are prepared to provide credit card info which is bought, sent on to their address and he collects after. Just simple methods from top of head on a season scalper - they probably are ones also doing it for consoles, trainers and high price goods - basically a modern day poor man's gangster.

Soldato
I want to buy the 3060ti for a sff build but because I bought a 3090 from their first drop over a year ago I’m still blocked and told me they don’t know when this will be lifted. These shortages are just silly :(

I got my 3060Ti because I could, on launch day, but wanted to wait for the 3080 which is the card I wanted, then they changed the rules after I got my card :(
FYI, I'm running a 3080FE in a Meshlicious case with a 5800x just in case you were thinking 3060Ti doe heat reasons...

Associate
I got my 3060Ti because I could, on launch day, but wanted to wait for the 3080 which is the card I wanted, then they changed the rules after I got my card :(
FYI, I'm running a 3080FE in a Meshlicious case with a 5800x just in case you were thinking 3060Ti doe heat reasons...
I only went for the 3090 as the 3080’s sold out in seconds but like you wanted the 3080.
It was more the size of the 3060ti I was thinking as space is quite limited.

Associate
Simple, he either is part of a subscription service that be pays to circumvent the checks, puts money in the account and it buys them for him taking a cut. Other option is having contacts/family that are prepared to provide credit card info which is bought, sent on to their address and he collects after. Just simple methods from top of head on a season scalper - they probably are ones also doing it for consoles, trainers and high price goods - basically a modern day poor man's gangster.
Makes sense and yes you’re right, trainers and consoles a plenty.

Associate
Anybody here feel the need for a gpu brace for their 30 series?

If your mobo has a reinforced pci slot it should be ok, my 3080fe sits just fine, it's super solid.

I actually just RMA'd my 3080 because it was crashing when boosting so I'm back to the 970 for now :( Hope I can get a swift replacement...

Back
Top Bottom