Indoor rowing - Concept 2

Soldato
Those times look very impressive, to me at least :D, any plans to do the full marathon? Half marathon, or even just over an hour on the rower, still seems utterly crazy :p

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I took the plunge and ordered a Concept2 rower. Plan to use it in my home gym for warming up and doing a few cardio sessions per week. Going to get my wife on it too when she’s not wrecked from work :D

Soldato
I took the plunge and ordered a Concept2 rower. Plan to use it in my home gym for warming up and doing a few cardio sessions per week. Going to get my wife on it too when she’s not wrecked from work :D
It’s a great quality machine. I love mine, I’m just not very good on it!
Is the lead time still months?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It’s a great quality machine. I love mine, I’m just not very good on it!
Is the lead time still months?

I think I ordered the last one from Bulldog Gear, it was showing as in stock and now it’s out of stock. I know they had a big delivery of Concept2 kit around this time in May.

Soldato
I got my yearly HM out of the way today and I've remembered why I don't do them very often! I was feeling fine up until the hour mark but the last 20mins was a battle. I nailed my target of a 2:00 pace though and knocked over a minute off of last years PB. :D

eeK2Ewol.jpg

Soldato
I got my yearly HM out of the way today and I've remembered why I don't do them very often! I was feeling fine up until the hour mark but the last 20mins was a battle. I nailed my target of a 2:00 pace though and knocked over a minute off of last years PB. :D

eeK2Ewol.jpg
See, I’d be dead after 24 minutes :D

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Mine arrived today.

Lovely bit of kit. Going to start off with a couple sessions per week to see how I go in-terms of recovery for my weight training.

A9A051a.jpg

Soldato
I finally managed to knock a few seconds off my previous 5k PB. I've been meaning to do it all month as July's challenge was 5km, but have been slacking on harder sessions recently and kept putting it off as it's been so damn hot. First attempt was on Tuesday but with the thermometer in the garage reading 26C, I gassed out at the 4km mark and limped home for 19mins. My second attempt tonight was better as it was a bit cooler and I actually managed to get it done! :D

DtctlLvh.jpg

Soldato
No posts in six months? Has everyone given up!? :)

I just ordered a Concept 2, should be here in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it even though I never used a rowing machine before and only spent a few hours on the water more than a decade ago.
Fortunately my wife is an ex-elite rower so should be able to give me some pointers!

Soldato
No posts in six months? Has everyone given up!? :)

Yep, I've screwed my knee so am limited in what I can do. :(

Over the last 3 months, I've gone from averaging 50k a week down to 50k a month and I can't even push myself hard when I am doing it. I ended up getting frustrated with the NHS as I was getting nowhere so paid for a private MRI last week. At this point I just want it sorted so am happy to stump up for any operation!

Soldato
Not got a Concept machine as I couldn't stretch that far but bought a JTX Ignite Air back in circa July last year (still allowed in here? :p)

Did Beginner Pete's Plan until week 13 then went onto Dark Horse Row-vember then kinda stopped unfortunately.

I am going to start the BPP again this week coming for the full 24 weeks and see how I go.

Anyone else starting?

Back
Top Bottom