• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

Soldato
Zen3 refresh March to June
Zen4 likely end November/early December as every other year they done main release.

What's your point?

AMD have yet to launch the Zen3 refresh, or Zen4. It's possible they could launch even closer together than RKL and ADL did.

This is especially true are AMD are not in control of their supply chain - they're completely dependent on what scraps of wafers TSMC decide to give them. It's possible both will be delayed beyond AMD's estimates.

Meanwhile, ADL continues to sell well, gain market share, and Intel work on Raptor Lake launch on their own process, with capacity known and expected etc.

Soldato
AMD have yet to launch the Zen3 refresh, or Zen4. It's possible they could launch even closer together than RKL and ADL did.

This is especially true are AMD are not in control of their supply chain - they're completely dependent on what scraps of wafers TSMC decide to give them. It's possible both will be delayed beyond AMD's estimates.

Meanwhile, ADL continues to sell well, gain market share, and Intel work on Raptor Lake launch on their own process, with capacity known and expected etc.

Intel are loosing market share not gaining. AMD are TSMC second largest customer and first most important across nodes. Intel want to become the third largest TSMC customer.

Your post isn’t based in reality. I get you really hate AMD, but they really are the best thing you could hope for.

Associate

It wouldn't hurt to smile a little, you'll burn out. Zen 4 will release on time don't worry, you will watch the fall of Raptor Lake this year.

Soldato
It wouldn't hurt to smile a little, you'll burn out. Zen 4 will release on time don't worry, you will watch the fall of Raptor Lake this year.

I hope Zen4 does release on time and has higher ST speed than Raptor Lake. If it does, I'll buy one, as I like using the best hardware for gaming.

I fear AMD won't achieve this though - too much against then this time. Intel is firing on all cylinders, Jim Keller left before working on Zen4, AMD still begging for scraps from TSMC.

Soldato
I hope Zen4 does release on time and has higher ST speed than Raptor Lake. If it does, I'll buy one, as I like using the best hardware for gaming.

I fear AMD won't achieve this though - too much against then this time. Intel is firing on all cylinders, Jim Keller left before working on Zen4, AMD still begging for scraps from TSMC.

Prepare your wallet. Keller didn’t work on Zen3 either.

Associate

You only dream about buying best hardware, that explain your frustration and meltdown, simple psychology.

Associate
AMD is in never better position, Xilinx deal will complete soon so that means expanding market, killing Intel in sales in every major IT retailer, complete domination in HEDT, killing Intel best desktop cpu with simple cache integration and 1 year old architecture, winning top 5 biggest server players and keep growing cuz Intel can't compete in server market. AMD isn't small player anymore, Intel fanboys can continue with crying this year too, 2021 was nightmare for them, 2022 will be too. Every IT leaker believes Zen 4 will destroy Raptor Lake, so when you conclude all of this AMD have bright future.

Caporegime
Intel are loosing market share not gaining. AMD are TSMC second largest customer and first most important across nodes. Intel want to become the third largest TSMC customer.
did AMD go over their peak market share from when was it 2004 yet? weren't they killed it for the last 2 decades or something.......

oh apparently they weren't it was just bullpoop smeared around the internet.

AMD can only take marketshare if they can get production anyway and TSMC is kinda at capacity for 1-2 years.

are Intel going to suddenly start making AMD chips or what?

Soldato
did AMD go over their peak market share from when was it 2004 yet? weren't they killed it for the last 2 decades or something.......

oh apparently they weren't it was just bullpoop smeared around the internet.

AMD can only take marketshare if they can get production anyway and TSMC is kinda at capacity for 1-2 years.

are Intel going to suddenly start making AMD chips or what?

Not sure what you are trying say here.

Soldato
Good point, apple and nvidia have most of tsmc wafers tied up now?

AMD are TSMC’s second largest customer and growing. The only areas Intel are outselling AMD currently are those AMD don’t operate in.

If people are talking about AMD taking on Intel one to one across all markets? that would be very risky. In 5-7 years Intel should have its own bleeding edge fabs. People should probably keep in mind Intel are a huge company. Intel plan to take market share and TSMC’s largest customers. Ie Apple and AMD.

Associate
He has "secret" reviews that are not available to the public apparently.

He's just trolling.

Everyone who has seen the reviews knows Intel has the performance crown at the moment.
Totally agree and it's just getting ridiculous.
Jigger is trolling all the recent AMD and Intel CPU threads. I wish the Mods would do something about it ....

Caporegime
Totally agree and it's just ridiculous.
Jigger is trolling all the recent AMD and Intel CPU threads. I wish the Mods would do something about it ....

He knows what he's doing, a mixture of serious and troll level posts to keep things nicely balanced.

Mans out there telling people who want a build right now to get a 5800X3D, no idea which retailer/supplier he's using but I want in!

Soldato
He knows what he's doing, a mixture of serious and troll level posts to keep things nicely balanced.

Mans out there telling people who want a build right now to get a 5800X3D, no idea which retailer/supplier he's using but I want in!

I'm not sure he's even mixing things up... It's clear from Dave2150 that the mods have just given up on stopping trolls/moderating the forum at all, so jigger is going off on one...

Soldato

You said you wanted to build a PC for gaming that you would want to last many years.

AMD have just announced a gaming focused CPU that beats the fastest gaming parts available, with Half the cores and half the power.

Do explain your definition of trolling to me.

I even withdrew once I recognised your name.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure he's even mixing things up... It's clear from Dave2150 that the mods have just given up on stopping trolls/moderating the forum at all, so jigger is going off on one...

Dave2150 has literally presented the facts backwards. Some of the points he’s made have been made before, but a few haven’t so maybe he is genuinely misinformed. It is hard to tell though.

Caporegime
You said you wanted to build a PC for gaming that you would want to last many years.

AMD have just announced a gaming focused CPU that beats the fastest gaming parts available, with Half the cores and half the power.

Do explain your definition trolling to me.

You've conflated my two sentences. I didn't say that post in question was trolling, however, it's not much help telling someone who wants to build a system now to buy a CPU that won't be available for a few months yet.

Its performance is still guesswork along with the price, availability and then how soon after that it would just be a few more months until the next best thing.

Associate
Dave2150 has literally presented the facts backwards. Some of the points he’s made have been made before, but a few haven’t so maybe he is genuinely misinformed. It is hard to tell though.
Dave is in meltdown mode, so much that he doesn't know difference between H and Q. Me as a foreigner, non english speaker know that, can you imagine rage in his head to forgot that. I'm new here so i don't know his history here, but it is too personal for him.

Soldato
Dave is in meltdown mode, so much that he doesn't know difference between H and Q. Me as a foreigner, non english speaker know that, can you imagine rage in his head to forgot that. I'm new here so i don't know his history here, but it is too personal for him.

As someone said I think he just posts to get a rise from people/see what he can get away with. Seems to have worked on at least three people. To me it’s just Dave being Dave and as someone else also said, Dave probably has a extensive list of blocked users.

Back
Top Bottom