• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA announces DLDSR (Deep Learning Dynamic Super Resolution), coming to GeForce drivers on Jan 14

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I doubt resize bar is even properly implemented in the games its said to be used in lol.

Anyways, I see no reason to use this over DLSS as the quality of DLSS in the latest versions has been excellent. Comparing my own screenshots with it off and on there's barely any difference in IQ so I'm all for DLSS for increasing fps whilst not decreasing IQ in the process.

nice though that ReShade is a part of Geforce Experience now. That will make many games look nicer.

Soldato
So this is an evolution of DSR? For example you lower your render resolution by 30% to gain some fps then DLDSR takes over and you hopefully don't notice any image quality degradation.

Associate
I doubt resize bar is even properly implemented in the games its said to be used in lol.

Anyways, I see no reason to use this over DLSS as the quality of DLSS in the latest versions has been excellent. Comparing my own screenshots with it off and on there's barely any difference in IQ so I'm all for DLSS for increasing fps whilst not decreasing IQ in the process.

nice though that ReShade is a part of Geforce Experience now. That will make many games look nicer.

DSR or the new DLDSR are to be used when you have headroom to spare and want the game to look a bit nicer which is when it would be used over DLSS , tbh its mainly useful on older games or games with a hard lock frame cap and you have gpu power to spare ... as i put above i play DS3 loads and at 4K with everything on the gpu is so underutilized that it will downclock itself to 950Mhz so i then enable DSR at 2.25x which renders the game at 6K and will downscale to 4k and certainly cleans up the image and gives the gpu something to do . Its a good feature and am happy they are improving on it :)

Associate
DSR or the new DLDSR are to be used when you have headroom to spare and want the game to look a bit nicer which is when it would be used over DLSS , tbh its mainly useful on older games or games with a hard lock frame cap and you have gpu power to spare ... as i put above i play DS3 loads and at 4K with everything on the gpu is so underutilized that it will downclock itself to 950Mhz so i then enable DSR at 2.25x which renders the game at 6K and will downscale to 4k and certainly cleans up the image and gives the gpu something to do . Its a good feature and am happy they are improving on it :)

It should also produce a better result than traditional resolution scaling. I run RDR2 at 1.25x but going to test with DLDSR instead.

Associate

I'm trying to understand if there will be any situation where you wouldnt want to use DLDSR, if there is zero frame hit at x2.25?

Associate
I'm trying to understand if there will be any situation where you wouldnt want to use DLDSR, if there is zero frame hit at x2.25?

Exactly that , as long as you are happy with the frame rate you get at your native resolution then enabling this new DLDSR is a no brainer imo , the game will look better and will run at the same frame rate you are use to .... when i play MW on the OLED it will be capped at 116fps at 4k native so enable this new DLDSR and game will render at 6K via 2.25x and have the frame rate of native 4k ... win win situation , let hope it works like that in practice:cry:

Associate
I don't understand how they are able to render at 2.25x resolution on the card, without any loss of performance? That doesn't sound right to me!

Abracadabra , some special Nvidia sauce :cry:

In all seriousness would actually be interested to know how they are pulling it off without a hit to performance, the article states the tensor cores are being used to do it or at least help along...

Soldato
Way I see it is I'd rather use DLSS or anything that gives me higher frames for the same image quality rather than insisting on running at 4k for same image quality with less frames.

Last game I tried DLSS on, at 4k Cyberpunk 2077 looks great with Quality DLSS, however it definitely wasn't as sharp than native 4k, but to be honest it was either that or slideshow.

Soldato
urthermore, NVIDIA has teamed up with the author of a popular tool called ReShade. NVIDIA will be adding new custom ReShare FreeStyle filters into its GeForce Experience tool:

• SSRTGI (Screen Space Ray Traced Global Illumination), commonly known as the “Ray Tracing ReShade Filter” enhances lighting and shadows of your favorite titles to create a greater sense of depth and realism.
  • SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion) emphasizes the appearance of shadows near the intersections of 3D objects, especially within dimly lit/indoor environments.
  • Dynamic DOF (Depth of Field) applies bokeh-style blur based on the proximity of objects within the scene giving your game a more cinematic suspenseful feel.
    With DLDSR and SSRTGI combined, you can enjoy a remastered experience in classic games like Prey.
Both features will be available in the upcoming drivers that will be released on January 14th.

Wonder how much they paid him for that and whether it'll be an Nvidia exclusive from now on

Back
Top Bottom