Apple Customer support beyond a joke

Soldato
OP
I suspect that the courier has broken the device in transit and flattened the package enough for goods-in not to notice.

This is exactly what I think has happened but Apple say the packaging was received undamaged but will not provide any evidence to support this. I have shown that the ipad in the condition received would not even fit in the packaging they sent without a very obvious lump being seen. They said no evidence can be supplied and the decision is final either pay or be sent ipad back.

Tbh its the worst service I have ever received from anywhere and I have dealt with Dell. The advisors are rude, shout at you and happily call you a liar.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Nope I cannot claim and Apple policy is not to claim. They are sending the iPad back now as I refused to pay the £380 + vat repair cost.

When it arrives, tell Apple that the screen has been obliterated by the courier, and sorry I've already disposed of the packaging because that was fine :D

Soldato
When it arrives back it will be sacrificially burned in my firepit and I will order a Samsung tablet..... lol

This is ashame, it must be hard to leave the Apple ecosystem, as Apple make such superior tech items compared to most..

but I must admit, it’s a bad situation, I’m surprised by Apple tbh.

Soldato
OP
This is ashame, it must be hard to leave the Apple ecosystem, as Apple make such superior tech items compared to most..

but I must admit, it’s a bad situation, I’m surprised by Apple tbh.

I suppose its not the fault of the designers and the actual items themselves. Its the support side that the problem lies with. A quick scan of google and Apples trustpilot reviews paints all the picture you need to know really. It's criminal really what they can do and with little to no come back for the customer.

Tbh its a really simple case the courier obviously damaged my ipad or it got accidentally damaged in transit to the repairs centre it happens. It's Apples stance to not provide any evidence or to even wish to make a claim from the courier. They would rather just call a long standing customer a liar and order money to be paid or go with out. In reality how much is a repair costing them probably hardly anything in the grand scheme of things.

I had ordered a new Macbook Pro Max and have just cancelled that they did not care why. I'm sure they lost more than the ipad repair in that alone tbh.

Soldato
Lesson learnt for all of us though, take a video of you putting the device in the package before sending/getting collected.

The problem is that's not sufficient evidence. What's stopping you from recording a video of putting in a pristine item, and then after stopped recording, open it again and put in a damaged one.

Won't be an option for OP directly as they have no contract with the courier by the sounds of it, Apple arranged it:

And as i'd said in an earlier post, the OP also doesn't have any evidence of the damaged packaging as Apple disposed of it.

Small claims court, i'd be surprised if Apple bother to contest it. I imagine the cost of their legal staff per hour outweigh the cost of the product itself.

Commissario
This is really strange - Look at the comments by @Alpherah here as to how difficult it is to bend these iPads. I wonder if somehow they've got mixed up when being booked in because I wouldn't imagine this sort of thing could happen easily in transit.

It'll be interesting to see if you get the same one back that you sent. You've got the serial number?

Soldato
The problem is that's not sufficient evidence. What's stopping you from recording a video of putting in a pristine item, and then after stopped recording, open it again and put in a damaged one.
Small claims court, i'd be surprised if Apple bother to contest it. I imagine the cost of their legal staff per hour outweigh the cost of the product itself.
This is true, however with Small Claims and even Civil matters the judgement is based on the balance of probability of the evidence presented. As you say, the video could be 'staged' however if, for example, the OP had a video he can at least produce that as evidence and Apple would have to produce evidence to the contrary - and given Apple's blatant disregard in this area (i.e. not noting the condition of the packaging as it arrived) it wouldn't reflect kindly on them.

Soldato
Disappointing to hear but I'm not surprised, I used to work at a company that would have a top down camera in the repair bays that's recorded the opening of the repair for this very reason.

Soldato
OP
Well Amazon are just bloody fantastic and put Apple to shame. Literally 5 mins on phone explaining the situation and I have a return label for a full refund. The person was incredibly helpful and even apologetic that they could not replace as they have no stock..

So glad I purchased this through Amazon and not directly from Apple.

Soldato
Well Amazon are just bloody fantastic and put Apple to shame. Literally 5 mins on phone explaining the situation and I have a return label for a full refund. The person was incredibly helpful and even apologetic that they could not replace as they have no stock..

So glad I purchased this through Amazon and not directly from Apple.
and yet there's a long thread about how shocking amazon are. guess it's just luck of the draw with these big outfits. i've never had anything but good service from both amazon and apple. shame you've been semi shafted in this instance. certainly wouldn't let it put me off buying apple products though.

Soldato
OP
and yet there's a long thread about how shocking amazon are. guess it's just luck of the draw with these big outfits. i've never had anything but good service from both amazon and apple. shame you've been semi shafted in this instance. certainly wouldn't let it put me off buying apple products though.

I just won’t be buying anything from Apple directly. Will stick with Amazon.

Soldato
I’m not surprised in all honesty. I had a nightmare with an iPhone 7, which for some reason, wouldn’t let me phone my dad.

Every other number was fine, other phones were fine, other iPhones with my account (loaded from iCloud) were fine, just this new one. Reset didn’t help etc

Took 4 attempts to get to an Apple store for them to accept there was something wrong.

Then another 4 replacement devices with each one being marked in some way.

I was initially told that it was impossible for a refurb to be marked.

So on the last phone I received I opened it in an Apple store in front of the manager, only to find another marked phone :p

That’s when they agreed there must be an issue with the refurb process with this batch of iPhones, and he gave me a new boxed one there and then.

Soldato
I just won’t be buying anything from Apple directly. Will stick with Amazon.

You have to admit though, being a $3T company you'd hope you wouldn't have to do that. I point blank refuse to buy new Apple products for anyone in our household, I'd rather buy used and recycle products rather than put money in TC's pocket.

Soldato
OP
You have to admit though, being a $3T company you'd hope you wouldn't have to do that. I point blank refuse to buy new Apple products for anyone in our household, I'd rather buy used and recycle products rather than put money in TC's pocket.

Tbh I think I will buy used from now on rather the money went somewhere else than Apple.

Back
Top Bottom