God of War

V F

V F

Soldato
Been watching numerous first playthroughs on twitch, even Shroud and a few others was getting their asses kicked on Give Me God of War difficulty and it wasn't even New Game Plus yet.

Soldato
First time ever playing a God of War only a couple of hours in, is this like a reboot of the first one? As in I have no idea who I am or anything yet lol.

Just seen above that uncharted is also making its way to PC - Never played one of those either. What is it with all the Playstation exclusives coming to PC all of sudden? Not complaining haha.
Its not a reboot story wise, more a reboot in gameplay. Its a kinda continuation from the original games, and knowing the back story/ playing the originals is very helpful. But it is not necessary to enjoy or understand what's going on. Some moments will be lost on those who have not played the originals, but it does not detract on this great game

V F

V F

Soldato
Looks amazing but......

Game will ONLY run in either borderless or windowed mode
FOV is terrible!

Yes, I've always hated it on the console. I really despise the low FOVs you get on consoles. It's what gets you killed as you cannot see the stuff coming left and right.

Man of Honour
Yes, I've always hated it on the console. I really despise the low FOVs you get on consoles. It's what gets you killed as you cannot see the stuff coming left and right.

I truly thought the FOV would bug the hell out of me but I find that I've actually barely noticed it in the end while playing.

Soldato
Soldato
Interesting regarding the FOV.

I would have thought it was done to hide some behind the scenes trickery, and increasing it may mess with gat stuff but who knows.

Associate
Interesting regarding the FOV.

I would have thought it was done to hide some behind the scenes trickery, and increasing it may mess with gat stuff but who knows.

Yea, they often do that to improve performance as every bit matters on console, so I wonder whether they've changed that with the port and whether we'll see objects/characters pop in and out of scenes.

V F

V F

Soldato
Says a lot about EA, God of War hitting almost 80K viewers on twitch just now and Battlefield 2042 only has 750 viewers.

Soldato
LG CX oled and GOW HDR =
giphy.gif

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Why does Steam take so long to verify the install? Installed it onto an M2 drive, which took about 25 minutes. It's claiming 4hours to verify!
Sounds like something is broken, close and restart Steam? My download took several minutes and it verified in what appeared to be realtime/no time as I was in the game moments later.

Associate
I'm a bit bored with it. Nice graphics but it's repetitive with stupidly long and difficult boss fights. Witcher 3 and horizon zero dawn are far better

Man of Honour
I'm a bit bored with it. Nice graphics but it's repetitive with stupidly long and difficult boss fights. Witcher 3 and horizon zero dawn are far better

Which is ironic really because I found Horizon Zero Dawn extremely boring, I've tried 4 cracks at Horizon from the start and each time I get bored at around the 5-6 hour mark. Witcher 3 was ok in its day but I tried it again recently and something about it just felt off and my opinion of it now was far lower than my opinion of it back in the day. Conversely I've now done 20 hours in God of War since its release on friday and think its truly stunning. It may even already be a contender for Game of the Year for me and its only January, which is nuts. Whatever comes through this year is going to have to be something pretty special to top this imo. I havent found the boss fights particularly long and difficult but surely if you are finding them long and difficult then the obvious solution would be to lower the difficulty? I recently finally realised after decades of playing that there are no awards for completing games on a high level and that ultimately bashing away at a higher difficulty just so that I can say I did a game on a higher difficulty can often lead to frustration and reduced enjoyment rather than a sense of accomplishment. I'm playing this on whatever the 2nd difficulty was called and I'm finding that just about right for me, not too easy but doable fights.

Back
Top Bottom