Train burglaries in the US, do we have anything at this scale in the UK?

Soldato
Give up, not worth arguing with the well known righties/racists, dregs of society. :)

You hit the nail on the head there !.

What I find mind blowing is, they are SO indoctrinated into the propaganda they can not see out of it any longer, they are total servants of right wing capitalism, they think they are flawlessly correct well past the point of realising that being cruel to human beings is acceptable to them - they totally kiss the right wings back side - its almost as if they think their outrageous views will be rewarded somehow by those that taught them to be evil, its very bizarre...

Totally explains how hitler etc came to power though I suppose - I often thought in school - how on Earth could the Germans of the pre world wars allow it to happen ? Why on Earth did the Germans vote hitler in ?! - I couldn't understand it at school........as an adult now, I see Brexit, trump, righties etc, and NOW I understand, people are so brain washed into nationalism & capitalism has taught them that 'other' exists, and taught them 'other' is the issue, it benefits capitalism/the rich to train and brainwash people to be like that - they fail to understand the basic concept of divide & conquer - the rich will fail if the sane minded band together as one & stand up.

Anyways glad to see some on this forum are not crazy & Nazi like in their views.

Soldato
population Incarceration rate
(per 100,000)

White (non-Hispanic)
Hispanic 831
Black 2,306
Asian

If you just quote a disparity in outcomes and claim its down to discrimination, down to you lacking the ability to discern the effect that the behavior of individuals and groups has on outcomes, then you would (erroneously) have to conclude that the US is more misandrist than it is racist when it comes to incarceration rates as far men men vs women are incarnated, on a per capita basis, than blacks vs whites...

Inmate Gender
Statistics based on prior month's data -- -- Last Updated: Saturday, 8 January 2022

Gender # of Inmates % of Inmates
Female 11,036 7.0%
Male 146,169 93.0%

So given a roughly 50/50 split of the sexes men are over 13x more likely to be incarcerated than women whilst blacks are a bit under 4x as likely to be incarcerated, on a per capita basis, vs whites.

Of course few people would actually look at the figures for the male and female incarceration rates and think sexism from the state was the primary driver as people can understand that men and women fundamentally criminally offend at vastly different rates.

If anyone on this forum agrees any of this is ok - you need to get off this forum, you're not welcome here.

As far as I am aware it's not your forum and given that your 'contribution' so far has been to bring up race, when it wasn't mentioned by anyone else before and then do the keyboard equivalent of shrieking hysterically at anyone who pointed out that your figures lacked exploration of what was behind them and the therefore that your conclusions might just be premature and the result of incorrect assumptions made by yourself then I'm not sure in what capacity you expect anyone but the most rabid of 'social justice' posters on this forum to take you anywhere near seriously.

Soldato
Your naievety is simply boundless, I have to wonder if you are very young?

It’s irrelevant what my background is, its human nature to know what is right from what is wrong…..were not born racist, its learned.

At a very basic level, for you to see different human beings as different is appalling - it doesn’t matter what my skin colour is because all humans are equal, or should be - but the likes of people like you and diddums perpetuate the idea that there is a different class of human being at some apparently deserve to be treated worse or better than each other.

The very fact you are trying to find out my background already speaks volumes and you fail to realise you are only proving my point - its clear there is a small group of right wings on this forum that, as others have already posted, require you are ignored, I won’t bother ‘debating’ further now, because, you’ll only bring up pointless conversation while doing absolutely everything to avoid this simple question:

Do you think humans are above, or below, different humans? Or do you think we should all be treated equal ?

You can call people naive or inexperienced all you like, but, you simply appeared to have accepted your fate and defeat in being indoctrinated in right wing propaganda, no longer able to think for yourself, nor even FEEL for yourself - deep down you know you’re morally wrong, and it doesnt take much effort to see that.

You are so far from being a decent human being (simply believing in capital punishment is reason enough to call you far right), that you are completely undebatable with, you will not understand why this is OBVIOUSLY wrong - for now, ill just leave you to it, I’ll not even bother replying to diddums he already has his own reputation as being a waste of time to talk with, endless threads on here from endless people call out his weird ways of thinking, i need not to add anymore to that.

Soldato
It’s irrelevant what my background is, its human nature to know what is right from what is wrong…..were not born racist, its learned.

At a very basic level, for you to see different human beings as different is appalling - it doesn’t matter what my skin colour is because all humans are equal, or should be - but the likes of people like you and diddums perpetuate the idea that there is a different class of human being at some apparently deserve to be treated worse or better than each other.

The very fact you are trying to find out my background already speaks volumes and you fail to realise you are only proving my point - its clear there is a small group of right wings on this forum that, as others have already posted, require you are ignored, I won’t bother ‘debating’ further now, because, you’ll only bring up pointless conversation while doing absolutely everything to avoid this simple question:

Do you think humans are above, or below, different humans? Or do you think we should all be treated equal ?

You can call people naive or inexperienced all you like, but, you simply appeared to have accepted your fate and defeat in being indoctrinated in right wing propaganda, no longer able to think for yourself, nor even FEEL for yourself - deep down you know you’re morally wrong, and it doesnt take much effort to see that.

You are so far from being a decent human being (simply believing in capital punishment is reason enough to call you far right), that you are completely undebatable with, you will not understand why this is OBVIOUSLY wrong - for now, ill just leave you to it, I’ll not even bother replying to diddums he already has his own reputation as being a waste of time to talk with, endless threads on here from endless people call out his weird ways of thinking, i need not to add anymore to that.

What are you on about?

Permabanned
Combat squirrel goes to great and hysterical length to say it's wrong to be judgemental and then proceeds to be incisively judgemental himself.... ;)

I am openly judgemental, I am biased as to some races, politics, what people wear, how they speak, how they look and behave, I am a typical and honest human being. I have pre conceived ideas, and some hardened prejudices. I try to initially give people the benefit of any doubts I may have, but life's experiences mean I still treat some with great caution :) I don't and don't want to openly embrace every person i come upon.

Caporegime
I’ll not even bother replying to diddums he already has his own reputation as being a waste of time to talk with, endless threads on here from endless people call out his weird ways of thinking, i need not to add anymore to that.

Yeah you're gonna need to prove this, although I suspect you lack both the brainpower and testicular fortitude and will rather go waaaaaaa all the way home again ;)

Soldato
Combat squirrel goes to great and hysterical length to say it's wrong to be judgemental and then proceeds to be incisively judgemental himself.... ;)

I am openly judgemental, I am biased as to some races, politics, what people wear, how they speak, how they look and behave, I am a typical and honest human being. I have pre conceived ideas, and some hardened prejudices. I try to initially give people the benefit of any doubts I may have, but life's experiences mean I still treat some with great caution :) I don't and don't want to openly embrace every person i come upon.

It's perfectly fine to not tolerate intolerance, this is how we fight the right wing.

Soldato
It’s irrelevant what my background is, its human nature to know what is right from what is wrong...

You can call people naive or inexperienced all you like, but, you simply appeared to have accepted your fate and defeat in being indoctrinated in right wing propaganda, no longer able to think for yourself, nor even FEEL for yourself...

First, people judge right from wrong mostly on their own learned moral framework- for example, some people think gambling is morally wrong, some don't. There is no real natural law.

Second, some people picked you up on a simplistic per capita comparison as it ignores a range of relevant factors (e.g. poverty). That was a fair thing to do in this case. If black people in the US are more likely to live in poverty, go to poorer schools, live in high crime areas and in states with more punitive penal regimes, they are likely to be overrepresented within prisons/ jails.

I am not saying any of the above is good, but that it needs to be considered, or people will rightly come back at you.

Caporegime
OP
If this started in the UK the transport police wouldn't be able to do anything, they aren't on the tracks, they get called to a station if there's a fracas on the train. Anything happening between stations and they aren't doing anything.

That's not true, stuff happening on the tracks is absolutely their remit.

The trains aren't parked, they are just very slow moving so people are just jumping on. Physical security is pretty impossible, only thing they can do is seal the containers better than they have been.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...s-near-dtla-littered-with-pilfered-e-commerce
LATimes said:
A section of the Union Pacific train tracks in downtown Los Angeles has been littered with thousands of shredded boxes and packages stolen from cargo containers that stop in the area to unload.

Soldato
If this started in the UK the transport police wouldn't be able to do anything, they aren't on the tracks, they get called to a station if there's a fracas on the train. Anything happening between stations and they aren't doing anything.

The entire British railway network is BTP jurisdiction, not just stations. That includes freight operations and any incidents that occur on the network itself away from stations e.g. cable/rail/plant theft, fatalities etc.

Back
Top Bottom