The last game you completed, and rating.

Caporegime
Black Mesa Definitive Edition - 4.5/10

*sigh* This totally did my nut in. Last third dragged on for far too long and those pesky soldiers have AI that is still in a class of its own to this day. But it sure is pretty looking.

Soldato
L.A. Noire - 8/10

It was so nice to replay this game on PC after all these years. There are bits that haven't exactly aged gracefully and its main flaw is the fact that it's practically impossible to completely fail cases due to your choices.

However, the atmosphere and the entire premise are still great. It was a joy to investigate crime scenes and interview suspects, even though it was occasionally marred by some formulaic gameplay. The cases themselves are very good and the game rides heavily on its cast of interesting characters and overall strong plot.

Onto Vampyr now.

Associate
Horizon Zero Dawn - 9/10

Very nice game to play - good gameplay and storyline.
Looks like there is a new version coming out soon - if its as good as the original then I will be quite happy.

Associate
Horizon Zero Dawn - 9/10

Very nice game to play - good gameplay and storyline.
Looks like there is a new version coming out soon - if its as good as the original then I will be quite happy.
Forbidden West is looking incredible, take the original and improve just about everything about it!

ne0

ne0

Associate
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

9.5/10

The most immersive, beautiful, magical, clever and challenging platformer I've ever played. And probably best HDR implementation out there. My only tiny whinge would be the final stage of the final boss...the difficulty spike was insane and I legit started to think I would never complete it. If you like platformers and you haven't played this then you need to play it.

Associate
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

9.5/10

The most immersive, beautiful, magical, clever and challenging platformer I've ever played. And probably best HDR implementation out there. My only tiny whinge would be the final stage of the final boss...the difficulty spike was insane and I legit started to think I would never complete it. If you like platformers and you haven't played this then you need to play it.

Sounds like we had the exact same experience from start to end. I almost rage quit the damned boss. Such a gorgeous game though!

Soldato
Days Gone.

9 or even 9.5 out of 10. Fabulous game that exceeded expectations in every way.
very surpised by that, its a decenr game dont get me wrong but its Far to repative with its mission types. follow hazmat guy get info drive off & repeat for 90% of missions id give it a 7

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
very surpised by that, its a decenr game dont get me wrong but its Far to repative with its mission types. follow hazmat guy get info drive off & repeat for 90% of missions id give it a 7
Yet you sing the praises of Witcher 3 like it is the best thing since sliced bread. Maybe it has been a while since I played it but what else did you do in that game? Go kill this, go kill that is what I recall, find this find that :p

I enjoyed exploring the world and discovering camps, nests, nero sites where you get upgrades. Sure maybe a bit more variety would have been nice, but not going to knock of loads of points for that. There were also some stealth missions, upgrading your bike, buying new weapons etc.

Witcher 3 is a game I really enjoyed also, but overall comparing the fun I had between the two, it was not worlds apart for me.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Forbidden West is looking incredible, take the original and improve just about everything about it!
Yeah, I am really looking forward to that. Though will be waiting for it to come out on PC as I decided not to bother with a PS5 as now most games eventually hit PC. Probably will end up coming to PC in 2-3 years time.

Soldato
Yet you sing the praises of Witcher 3 like it is the best thing since sliced bread. Maybe it has been a while since I played it but what else did you do in that game? Go kill this, go kill that is what I recall, find this find that :p

I enjoyed exploring the world and discovering camps, nests, nero sites where you get upgrades. Sure maybe a bit more variety would have been nice, but not going to knock of loads of points for that. There were also some stealth missions, upgrading your bike, buying new weapons etc.

Witcher 3 is a game I really enjoyed also, but overall comparing the fun I had between the two, it was not worlds apart for me.
interesting The thing for me that was let down for days gone was TOO much follow yellow hazmat suit guy missions.

They were SOO boring with little to no reason to complete them they all were just a slog. I agree Witcher has repetive missions but The story around the side missions actaully made it worth while.

Soldato
Halo Infinite 9.5/10

This was my first Halo game since Halo 2, in 2004 on my Original Xbox! Never bothered with an Xbox 360 or Xbox One, so all the Halo games that were console exclusive during the intervening years, passed me by.

Really enjoyed it, the only thing that stops it from being a 10/10 is the fact that there only basically two environments to explore, inside & underground the ring & the mountain region where you first emerge on the rings surface. Really should have been more varied landscapes to visit and fight in, IMO.

Also loved cheesing all the side missions by just calling in a Scorpion Tank, rolling into an enemy base and completely decimating the enemy from a distance, which meant I could enjoy a nice cup of coffee at the same time as playing :)

Permabanned
Detroit: Become Human. 10/10

Had an existential crisis playing it and the game is not too far out in terms of fantasy and real life with the way things are headed, I love that the cyborgs can be used as something to display how incredibly dumb humans are - and I don't mean intellectually.

I found it to be a very intellectually stimulating game because it made my brain go into all kinds of thoughts.

Man of Honour
OP
There was that leaked nVidia GeForce now database which suggested it would be released on PC 8 months after PS. So perhaps November?

I’d be surprised if it releases that soon, but who knows what Sony’s current strategy is. I’ll be happily playing it on my PS5 in Feb and can’t wait. Zero Dawn is one of my favourite games - I was sold on the robot dinosaurs, but it delivered a clever and believable story too.

Detroit: Become Human. 10/10

Had an existential crisis playing it and the game is not too far out in terms of fantasy and real life with the way things are headed, I love that the cyborgs can be used as something to display how incredibly dumb humans are - and I don't mean intellectually.

I found it to be a very intellectually stimulating game because it made my brain go into all kinds of thoughts.

I’m currently playing this and I love it. I prefer it to Until Dawn which is similarly rated. It’s a heartfelt story that really invests you in the characters and makes you think about how stupid humans can be.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally completed Borderlands 2 with my lad!

Initially played the game 9 and a bit years ago when he was born. Had to stop playing as kids etc (!).

Started playing it again from scratch together in December and finished it yesterday.

SUCH a good game. Humour, gunplay, resource (loot!) management, music and...

I honestly don't remember having so much fun with a game literally for yeeeeeears.

11/10

Back
Top Bottom