Poll: Winter 2021/22 - Will we see lots of snow?

What will we see this winter?

• Snow blizzards and minus 50 degrees

Votes: 60 15.5%
  • Drizzle and wind

Votes: 241 62.4%
  • Hurricane Pancakes

Votes: 72 18.7%
  • Highest xxxx since records began

Votes: 78 20.2%

• Total voters
Associate
Happy with this type of winter. Dry, a bit chilly and boring. 2018 was horrific took three and half hours to do. 23 miles from Preston to Accrington because of the snow on the M65.
2019 four days of snow

2020 wet

2021 8 times it snowed with the last one being May the 5th.

Soldato
@DXP55 I was about 5 in 1982 and it was brilliant. We had 4 foot snow drifts in the front garden and the snow plow took a week before it came onto the estate and cleared the culdesac. I remember walking with my Mom to the supermarket because it was too dicey to drive. It set unreasonably high expectations for a proper winter that have stayed with me the last 40 odd years.

Aye same here we got snow regularly in the winter and used to look forward to building a snowman and go sledging for its annual visit but that winter was a humdinger not so much the snow which after an initial 8" fall wasn't a lot but the prolonged cold it just went on and on and on week after week of sub zero temperatures. Hard to imagine those days now even an overnight frost is a rarity these days. South east.

Associate
It seems like a typically winter in the UK. Damp. Some family just moved to the UK this year. Lucky for them, it's been a bit warmer then normal

Man of Honour
This weather is bizarre - -5 down to almost -10C 850s over the UK (usually the kind of territory they are when we have snow) yet I have the window open for some fresh air without at all feeling cold, sun is out though it is a bit grey and temperatures are very mild even warm in the sun. Albeit it is a touch windy.

It seems like a typically winter in the UK. Damp. Some family just moved to the UK this year. Lucky for them, it's been a bit warmer then normal

Hasn't really been a typical winter - we've had high pressure centred (or at least sitting) over the UK for most of it keeping the normal muck off the Atlantic at bay resulting in overall very meh - weather grey, not cold but not quite mild and largely dry. Usual winter is either endless streams of cold, blustery, dampness off the Atlantic or if we are lucky a cold spell or two.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been a bit blustery down here, a bit dropped off my aerial luckily my old faithful panny plasma is freesat hd

IMG-20220201-110145.jpg

Man of Honour
Same here - wasn't forecast to be anything like as strong that I saw - was easily sustained 60MPH gusts through the night and still blustery now.

Man of Honour
Any strength in this rumour of 100mile wide band of snow stretching across Midlands, Hampshire, Dorset across to the far south east in 10 or so days?

Last I checked Met said no, and they are usually right. Haven't looked in detail at the other models.

Man of Honour
I thought that would be the case. It was just that several news outlets have been reporting it and not just the typical wintermageddon Express.

Beyond WXCharts I don't know where it is coming from - the established models aren't showing more than a whisper of anything.

Back
Top Bottom