*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
I purchased this on release and stopped playing shortly after as it just felt like an incomplete game.

Does preceding patches and now this basically bring the game up to what it should have been? Or wait for another big patch to drop?

Soldato
it'll depend on why you though it was an incomplete game really. There's been no major changes to story or campaign. It's all manly bug fixes, performance and some small addons
I think people need to stop comparing it to what they "promised" before release and just play it on it's own merits, otherwise it'll always be an incomplete game, turd, hate, rant, meme discussion item

Soldato
I'm currently playing through it. Only 4/5 hours so early days.

Other than a couple of floating NPCs I haven't had any issues. Still not sure about which weapons/implants are best, how to build the player stats properly or indeed crafting (I tend to avoid crafting in most games as it just seems like a faff)

Soldato
It seems the update has killed the game for me. It no longer loads and keeps telling me its 'flatlined'

This fixed that same issue for me -

Solution was found after scouring online, disabling saves, verifying files, reinstalling, updating gpu drivers, removing overclocks from cpu and gpu, killing discord steam and praying to the Lord.

So there is this NahimicService on your system, associated with audio drivers, can be on Asus, MSI and all.
1. Go to task manager, kill all process called Nahimic from details tab
2. For stopping that repeated task every time you restart disable NahimicService with services.msc
3. You can disable auto start of stuff like Sonic Studio and such apps

Just doing step 1 should allow you to launch the game now.
Good luck and let me know if I helped you

Once you finished D/Ling the game if it still doesn't work try it. Personally I'm amazed that CD:pR's QA team didn't catch this fairly common issue before hand but I'm guessing there'll be a micro-patch along soon to correct it properly.

Man of Honour
THye've tried to polish the smelly brown thing. Any DLC is just rolling it in glitter.

I'm reading RT is bust after the patch?

Where is this? RT is improved after the patch. We now have RT local shadows where we only had sun shadows previously so FPS may drop slightly as a result of turning on RT shadows since objects now cast RT shadows.

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077...-on-pc-thanks-to-partnership-with-nvidia/amp/

Still seems to run the same for me with all RT on and where available, set to Psycho.

Soldato
Just a qucik "buyer beware" post update - go through all your settings as several of mine had changed to "bad" things so for example my Game Level dropped from Hard to Easy, my VSync went from Off to 30fps and a few others are different etc etc.

As part of the weapon rebalancing I've noticed all my 100% Crit Chance & 200%+ Crit Damage sniper rifles have been severely nerfed (now 4% Crit chance & 25% Crit Damage) alongside most of my other rifles dropping from "high" Crit stats to very "low" ones. Not particularly happy with that TBH but it seems like it's tough luck.

Caporegime
I fully completed the game and got most achievements when the game was released.

HDR was broken, some of the weapons were completely overpowered, stealth was rubbish etc etc but it was fairly stable.

I played the 1.5 patch yesterday, with the same graphics settings as before (DF recommended for Heavy RT) and HDR now enabled as it actually works now, and the game crashed to desktop twice already...

Last edited:
Associate
Playing the new patch. Everything seems stable. Only just finished the heist so only an hour or so in. All my perks points were available to redeploy.
Had one flatline issue the first time but I just manually removed all my mod tweaks and it launched fine.

Associate
Cyberpunk 2077 1.5 Update causing PC crashes and other Issues, CDPR offers workaround
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...s-last-updated-16-02-2022-patch-1-5.11098819/

Game crashing on launch on the PC (audio software-related).
The crash is most likely caused by audio software conflict. So far we've identified this issue with audio drivers such as A-Volute, Nahimic or Sonic Studio.
As a temporary solution, we recommend disabling said drivers before launching the game.

Soldato
Soldato
Does memory overclocking on the 3080 help much with the RT in this? I keep toying with either replacing the thermal pads on my fe or going the whole hog and buying a waterblock...

Soldato
It's the RT cores numbers that matter most, not the memory clocks on games like this that use RT extensively.

Yeah I thought so. so a block would help overclock but actually I might be better saving the money for a 4080 upgrade. Now the electricity prices have skyrocketed I imagine mining must be on the way out in the UK...so they might be easier to get...

Soldato
Maybe this is why when I fired the game up last night on my tv in HDR it looks excellent, much better than it did before, I had everything maxed, DLSS Quality was too low fps so put it to DLSS Balanced, ran nice and looks no different to DLSS quality.

Man of Honour
I think DLSS has been revised or is using v 2.3 now because even DLSS performance looks excellent and sharp enough to the point between balanced and it, the fps gain is big but the visual loss is insignificant in general.

I'm still on balanced as that's near enough 60fps but when I get round to replaying from scratch I may just switch to DLSS performance which will likely be when I get the new monitor which supports much higher refresh rates etc.

Back
Top Bottom