*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Permabanned
Not going to bother, they made it run even worse. It's up to 10fps slower in many locations vs 1.32...

Just watched a video comparison of the frame drops while driving.... They've made it much worse, what have the devs been doing for the last year?

They've just polished a turd, it looks better, but runs even worse... Why? lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Not going to bother, they made it run even worse. It's up to 10fps slower in many locations vs 1.32...

Just watched a video comparison of the frame drops while driving.... They've made it much worse, what have the devs been doing for the last year?

They've just polished a turd, it looks better, but runs even worse... Why? lol

it's from adding shadows from more lighting sources in RT, you can disable that if your PC can't handle it then it's just 1.3 performance pretty much
For the rest of us it's improved graphics :p

Permabanned
it's from adding shadows from more lighting sources in RT, you can disable that if your PC can't handle it then it's just 1.3 performance pretty much
For the rest of us it's improved graphics :p

I'm sure my 3080FE will be fine, but the graphics didn't need improving, the game just needed fixing with optimization. Instead they added more content....

Man of Honour
Anyone come across NPCs doing different things since the patch? I found this guy contemplating life and the universe:

vzpCkv2.jpg

Also been playing with all HUD off, kinda nice have to say, having to check map manually etc.

Also any ideas how I can get more money? I have done all side missions, completed the game but just exploring around now finding shards and trying to buy the new apartments but I have basically 5k eddies :o

I could just go round robbing places and finding terminals to hack but that might not amount to enough!

I spent all my money in the past buying every vehicle :p

Caporegime
I fully completed the game and got most achievements when the game was released.

HDR was broken, some of the weapons were completely overpowered, stealth was rubbish etc etc but it was fairly stable.

I played the 1.5 patch yesterday, with the same graphics settings as before (DF recommended for Heavy RT) and HDR now enabled as it actually works now, and the game crashed to desktop twice already...

Probably a bit unfair on the devs here, as I updated my BIOS and the game is running with no crashes now

Soldato
Anyone come across NPCs doing different things since the patch? I found this guy contemplating life and the universe:

A few days after launch I was doing my normal exploring bit, jumped across some rooftops, look down and see two cops having an argument with a civilian in the back area of a garage. One cop then shoots the civilian in the head, they bundle him in the boot and drive off. Never been able to replicate that on subsequent playthroughs.

Soldato
Still loving the vibe and atmosphere of this city. Cyberpunk dream come true, if someone told me 20 years ago when I played first Deus Ex I was gonna be able to explore a huge city looking like this, I'd flip the hell out.

1091500_2022021720360mikna.png

1091500_20220217203613jjse.png

1091500_2022021720433iqkdh.png
1091500_2022021720391b4j15.png

1091500_2022021720350dxj3k.png

Man of Honour
Brilliant isn't it!It's even more brilliant on ultra-wide, just saying though :D

Don't forget the new toggle walk button. Can slowly walk around taking it all in which is nice.

A few days after launch I was doing my normal exploring bit, jumped across some rooftops, look down and see two cops having an argument with a civilian in the back area of a garage. One cop then shoots the civilian in the head, they bundle him in the boot and drive off. Never been able to replicate that on subsequent playthroughs.

Hah I think I will spend more time just walking around listening to conversations between people as some of them are quite interesting!

Permabanned
Visually Cyberpunk always looked great but once you start exploring... it's feels empty, very few buildings you can enter, same random people walking around..

The future of open world games like this will probably involve procedurally generated cities they can build on, where every building has a interior and every door leads somewhere.. leaving the developers free to focus on the core gameplay and storyline

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Visually Cyberpunk always looked great but once you start exploring... it's feels empty, very few buildings you can enter, same random people walking around..

The future of open world games like this will probably involve procedurally generated cities they can build on, where every building has a interior and every door leads somewhere.. leaving the developers free to focus on the core gameplay and storyline
Yeah, definitely felt unfinished from that perspective. Hopefully they will address that for the sequel. In the mean time they can make use of current empty spaces for dlc or something.

Soldato
There is plenty interiors, they just happen to be mostly mission based. Which makes sense, why would I go into random buildings? I don't do that in real life either. Would be waste of time and manpower.

Associate
New patch is excellent, think I'm going to stop current play through and start again.

The rebalancing is great, much harder, everything feels less stupidly overpowered. And amazing the difference in just having a walk button!

Permabanned
There is plenty interiors, they just happen to be mostly mission based. Which makes sense, why would I go into random buildings? I don't do that in real life either. Would be waste of time and manpower.

Huge areas are basically empty, even just having small shops you could enter would add a lot.. rather than the endless rows of shop entrances you can't enter or interact with at all.

If they're procedurally generated it would save them huge amounts of time, which was the whole point. Manually building large cities is slow and time consuming.

Associate

I don't go around shooting criminals in real life either. If all we could expect from open-world RPGs was parity with real life, what would be the point?

I'd love to be able to kick doors down, break through windows, sneak in and explore apartments. Sprinkle a few unique items in a few buildings and that'd be a strong exploration gaming element in itself.

Back
Top Bottom