F1 2022 Car Launches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Doing a shakedown at Silverstone today, huh? Can't see that being particularly successful.
The aim of a shakedown is basic systems and sensor testing, so in that respect in doesn't matter what the weather is doing, as lap times are not the goal.

Caporegime
The aim of a shakedown is basic systems and sensor testing, so in that respect in doesn't matter what the weather is doing, as lap times are not the goal.

Sure, but I'd think gale force winds would still be a problem! That said, I checked the forecast for Silverstone and it doesn't seem like it's getting the brunt of it so they should be fine.

Soldato
Sure, but I'd think gale force winds would still be a problem! That said, I checked the forecast for Silverstone and it doesn't seem like it's getting the brunt of it so they should be fine.
I'm pretty close to the Silverstone track and it's a little windy but nothing like some other parts of the country. No doubt it'll be a wet track with rain sweeping across throughout the day.

Soldato
Well I'm getting interested now which I didn't expect, that Merc looks great, the others so so . The fezza and williams look OK, AM looks like a whale, McLaren looks like your average McLaren.

I'll say it now Merc are gonna be the best and take no prisoners.

Soldato
I'm sure there's plenty of detail missing, but the overall shape is looking similar in design to the McLaren.

Aston and Ferrari are definitely winning for interesting looking / thinking out the box launch cars so far.

Associate
Aston and Ferrari are definitely winning for interesting looking / thinking out the box launch cars so far.

Did you see the leaked Alfa test images in camo? Thats going to be up there as well in the interesting bracket. It has the heavily undercut sidepods, and vents on top the side pods too:

EVTepQR.png

plYapeM.png

Associate
Well I'm getting interested now which I didn't expect, that Merc looks great, the others so so . The fezza and williams look OK, AM looks like a whale, McLaren looks like your average McLaren.

I'll say it now Merc are gonna be the best and take no prisoners.

The launch Merc looks pretty average, but I've never been a fan of the dull Merc grey (road cars included) - the black livery was loads better. That being said, given their history, we'll see something else near final testing, maybe more in line with the render.

The Ferrari looks great on track, and I hope it's quick - don't need another era of grey car domination.

Doesn't look like McLaren have anything special, which is unfortunate, but I doubt any of the cars will look like their launch models at the first race.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

They're all super skinny and then you have the AM which seems to be land whale. Either they've totally outfoxed everyone or they're gonna be abysmal.
Or.... the front of the car opens up and swallows the car infront. Like a Bond villain :D

Associate
The launch Merc looks pretty average, but I've never been a fan of the dull Merc grey (road cars included) - the black livery was loads better. That being said, given their history, we'll see something else near final testing, maybe more in line with the render.

Other way around. The real car in the stream was way more developed than the official renders posted today.

Associate
Other way around. The real car in the stream was way more developed than the official renders posted today.

Fair, I looked at a couple more shots later and the render looks like an Instagram filter on the W12. Either way, I'm sure teams are hiding parts until late testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom