Wordle ** WARNING: THERE ARE PROBABLY HINTS TO THE DAILY WORD IN HERE **

Soldato
Why does everyone continue this silly narrative about it getting harder etc?

It has taken me 5, sometimes 6 guesses to get really common words and it only took me 3 to get todays.

It is almost all based on how close your starting guesses are...
I think what annoyed me most was the way I had to play it.
I had all the vowels and I couldn't make a single word, so I spent the next twenty minutes just typing in random letters till it worked. It's such a random word that I couldn't lose.
If it's a common word it actually becomes harder and more enjoyable because you can make 3 guesses and there still be many words it could be.

Takes the fun out of it just whacking in letters.

gEd

gEd

Associate
Why does everyone continue this silly narrative about it getting harder etc?

It has taken me 5, sometimes 6 guesses to get really common words and it only took me 3 to get todays.
It is almost all based on how close your starting guesses are...

Agreed.
It's hard to have 2500 words that everyone around the world is familiar with (esp. with the US spelling)
I got it in 3 today. I'm familiar with the word but only use it now and again.

There's obviously an element of luck in what word you use to start (assuming you've got a few decent starting words up your sleeve) but also some luck in just guessing the right word.
Last week I guess the work in 2 goes and then a day or so later, the word was SHAKE. I had SHA_E by the second go and I thought ("fab, Definitely going to beat the wife today") but it still took me until the 6th go as I waded through
SHAPE
SHADE
SHAME
SHAKE

Man of Honour
You can be as high and mighty as you want, but it's been used 183 times on this forum (GD) in 16 years, assuming none are typos. God knows how many millions of posts that's out of.

That's hardly a common word, which is what the whole point of the circa 1,900 possible/25,000 dictionary words is supposed to be for.

Thats a strange knoll to die on.

Soldato
Close today

Screenshot-20220221-070030.jpg

Man of Honour
You can be as high and mighty as you want, but it's been used 183 times on this forum (GD) in 16 years, assuming none are typos. God knows how many millions of posts that's out of.

That's hardly a common word, which is what the whole point of the circa 1,900 possible/25,000 dictionary words is supposed to be for.

I use tacit quite a bit but it's relevant to the work I do (innovation and knowledge management, so we deal with differents types of knowledge: Implicit, Tacit, and Explicit).

It goes back to, "it's easy if you know".

Man of Honour
Why do people get annoyed with the use of the odd obscure word?

It makes it a better challenge.

It makes people feel inferior I guess. I've failed a few times on wordle, once was american spelling another time I just couldn't "see" the word. There have been no words so far I didn't know - doesn't mean I am able to guess all of them though!

Annoyingly I'm failing on wordle more in my mother tongue! (92% success rate vs my 98% success rate in English! :D)

fez

fez

Caporegime
I don't think many people are complaining that it's harder, they are just commenting on the fact that it's got harder... it's a popular game that people talk about. It got bought out and people think its changed slightly.

Thats not a tricky concept to grasp

Wordle is easy. Thats part of the reason it's so popular. You can pick it up and within 5 minutes you are done. There will be plenty of people who find Wordle challenging however and making it a bit harder will annoy them because they liked the satisfaction of getting it most of the time.

Considering the awful spelling I see on here and basically everywhere else online, I'm not surprised that some people struggle with words as well.

Back
Top Bottom