• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
Rumour is September release date, I've not found anything concrete yet beyond a screengrab of an offer

I guess I should wait for the 4000 series? I have a 1080ti, and I can get a 3080ti.... but why get now when 4000 is coming?

Soldato
If you've waited this long this long then you can wait until September imo (I'm in the same boat as you). Prices are on a downward trend and Intel should shake things up.

Associate
OP
Well I just bought all my parts for new PC, my bank is begging me to wait... the 3000 series has been out for 2 years now so.... (not sure where I was going with that point but felt I needed to say something)

@diamount yes I can still use my new PC, just waiting a few months won't hurt... but if I can find out about that offer - maybe it's worth getting the 3080ti now....

Soldato
I would stick with the 1080ti paying inflated this late into this gen not sure about that prices are coming down now I see plenty of retailers with stock now which doesnt seem to be shifting as it once was , or you could try for FE drop 80ti £1049 and its one of the cards that doesnt instantly sell out so if set alert for drop dont think will be much trouble getting one

Last edited:
Soldato
Waiting seems the sensible choice right now unless you really want to play something coming out over the next few months. Availability and pricing is getting better by the week. We're still £200 over "normal" pricing on most cards, but bar another huge crypto explosion, things only seem to be headed in one direction.

Soldato
Yeah I'd definitely wait too. Pricing is on its way down, so unless something changes in the mining scene to send the demand up again I think lower prices still are ahead in the next couple of months. AMD 6000 series refresh due too, along with Intel GPUs at some point in quarter 2, which should hopefully put more pressure on prices.

Then I guess if prices hit RRP before 4000 series launches then there'll be a question about whether to just wait for a 4000 series card or buy a 3000 series if it looks like availability or pricing will be poor.

Caporegime
No stars or mention of ‘Official’ in thread title. Disappointing.

I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest to see the card one rung from the top to be £1500+ and the top one £2k+. Enthusiasts have clearly shown they will pay the exorbitant prices. The only potential issue is the rising cost of living could put a squeeze on this discretionary spending.

Soldato
Upgrade when you need to. If games are running poorly at the moment then why wait? Why be miserable because your framerate is so bad?

However, if games are running smoothly then wait until they don't run smoothly. Don't upgrade for the sake of it. If your current card is still running smooth when Nvidia 4000 launches then there's no point in upgrading.

Upgrade when YOU want to. Not when Nvidia releases something and they want you to upgrade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom