Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Can you imagine the generation woke being conscripted and shipped off to fight on the eastern front?

Imagine what are pretty much kids getting shipped off to fight and die in a meat grinder? So, presumably, middle aged men can chuckle about it on their keyboards.
Rather hoped we’d be beyond that crap by now

Soldato
Possibly, same could be said about their equipment though. But the more and more videos that surface their stuff just looks like junk. Like they haven't done anything with it for the past 40 years and just dusted it off for this.
I don’t know about other people that served, but for my 16 years we trained to combat Russia and I’m actually quite disappointed at the capabilities of the Russian military if this is genuinely all they have.

Man of Honour
videos circulating showing russian soldiers, most of them born in 2000, crying , i feel pity for them. Also worried if the plan of vlad was to sent in the rookies to take the grunt, weaken the ukranian army and THEN send the more capable ones.

I think this was exactly the plan; he would have been better sending in experienced troops.
There’s also been some talk that Russian forces made the error of just going along highways and roads (instead of cross country) thinking that resistance would be minimal.

Caporegime

It's pretty cool they've held out and he's stayed in Kyiv rather than fleeing to Lviv (or at least I'm assuming he has). That's presumably some sort of collapsable screen behind him and a lightweight stand so he can set up literally anywhere, any basement and have a proper-looking "press conference" style background. It's quite likely transporting that around with his media team in an armoured vehicle.

Caporegime
Carefull with rational realistic talk like that, you will be labelled a Russian sympathiser.

Ruskie bad

West good

That is the only rhetoric allowed on here.

Russia are objectively the bad guys/side in this.

They have indiscriminately invaded and attacked another country for zero reason beyond their own absurd paranoia.

Soldato
Imagine what are pretty much kids getting shipped off to fight and die in a meat grinder? So, presumably, middle aged men can chuckle about it on their keyboards.
Rather hoped we’d be beyond that crap by now

Conscription age in WW2 was 18 to 51 so those mocking "generation woke" shouldn't get too comfortable.

Suspended
Not now but should senior Russians either in his party or in the army come to their senses and overthrow him they can offer him up to the west as a bargaining tool to get sanctions lifted.

Yeah that'd be great if it happened, it'd be great if he suffered a cardiac arrest, but we're just talking hypotheticals. Realistically this hasn't happened and probably won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom