**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Man of Honour
Gotta get whatever is suited to your usage! I use media a lot and store locally vs the cloud because that's my preference so 512 is a must since there is no SD card any more and I have a 512GB SD card in the S20.

I might consider a screen protector, looking at options though as want to retain the oleophobic coating on the screen as long as possible as generally it lasts several months before wearing down.

Edit* Will get this, reviews are very good: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TAURI-Sams...s22+ultra+screen+protector,aps,67&sr=8-3&th=1

Soldato
512GB for life! I was just about to ask what screen protector to get, as that's the last piece of the "puzzle" for me (Old phone sent back and Samsung confirmed as received, gave away my 12 months of Disney+ and probably will give the Buds away).
Phone has been amazing so far, getting lots of comments as well. Phone instantly unlocks if you double tap near the sensor, its unreal on 0.5 animation, looks like a phone without authentication.
Also can't believe on iPhone you can't double tap the power button to get to the camera instantly?!

Associate
Gotta get whatever is suited to your usage! I use media a lot and store locally vs the cloud because that's my preference so 512 is a must since there is no SD card any more and I have a 512GB SD card in the S20.

Same, I can't rely on cloud, I carry stuff on a uSD right now, I almost never bothered with S22 due to lack on SD as I am quite prone to breaking phones and so like to have things on removable storage, the draw of a zooom camera was strong though, I'll just have to get into the habit of periodic backups :rolleyes: I'm only actually using 256Gb right now so 512 would have probably been fine but I maxed it, I'll transfer and edit 4k go pro footage on the phone so some space is handy, though it could possibly do that over USB internal storage is often faster.

Associate
I keep all my photos and videos in the cloud, though I don't tend to delete them during ownership of a handset, so they stay on the phone until upgrade.

I don't really play games on my phone and I don't keep any music locally any more.

I used to be a bit of a data hoarder but since being a dad I don't have as much time for accumulating content as I once did! :cry:

Associate
Hmm getting Google Play Services battery drain since last night, could be an app I've installed recently but unsure how to narrow it down. Anyone had the same?

Man of Honour

I might consider a screen protector, looking at options though as want to retain the oleophobic coating on the screen as long as possible as generally it lasts several months before wearing down.

Edit* Will get this, reviews are very good: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TAURI-Samsung-Galaxy-S22-Ultra/dp/B09NM5J81Z/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1DED5H9DO29YT&keywords=S22+ultra+screen+protector&qid=1646302848&sprefix=s22+ultra+screen+protector,aps,67&sr=8-3&th=1

Looks similar to the EGV ones, but you get the extra lens protectors.

Soldato
Had my next stage e-mail for my 512GB Graphite :D

Time to get case and screen protector ordered - shame Samsung aren't applying one as it was quite good on my S10+ and lasted to this day without peeling etc. Think I'm going for the one recommended earlier in the thread with a Spigen case. Quite like the Cryo Armor from a looks perspective but it's expensive and I'm not overly swayed by the whole "heat dissipation thing".

EDIT: Oh damn! The EGV is unavailable....

Soldato
I too have received the email this morning about my S22 Graphite. Exciting. Still scheduled for the 12th.

Still not sure what to do about a new charger and cables. A lot of the talk about it in here has been based on everyone having the + or Ultra, not my little standard S22. I'm thinking I just need the Samsung 25W charger and 2.0 C - C cables, does that sound right?

Have a number of electricity sockets in my house too with standard USB ports, so will need USB to USB-C cables too.

Soldato
I too have received the email this morning about my S22 Graphite. Exciting. Still scheduled for the 12th.

Still not sure what to do about a new charger and cables. A lot of the talk about it in here has been based on everyone having the + or Ultra, not my little standard S22. I'm thinking I just need the Samsung 25W charger and 2.0 C - C cables, does that sound right?

Have a number of electricity sockets in my house too with standard USB ports, so will need USB to USB-C cables too.

This will do it

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ug...-ps1399-with-voucher-3898705#comment-47011020

Associate
Hmm getting Google Play Services battery drain since last night, could be an app I've installed recently but unsure how to narrow it down. Anyone had the same?

My Google Services is running at 33%, it was sky high yesterday, I dd a restart but it's stlll way high.

No idea why I haven't installed any apps for nearly a week now.

Back
Top Bottom