Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The more I see and hear about this, the more I'm convinced we're going to end up in direct military conflict with Russia eventually. I can't see Putin stopping, and it seems he's willing to use overwhelming force against the civilian population, a population that were part of his country not too long ago. It seems inconceivable that he'll suddenly change course, unless the Russian people turn against him en masse, which seems highly unlikely given the grip he has over them.

Caporegime
Surely common sense comes to not put that on Twitter?

Well the Russians will already know what they're doing.

And this way thr Russian troops will know stepping on the bridge is suicide so might not want to.

This is a weird war where the aggressors own troops don't seem that kotivated

Soldato
I'm still not sure why Putin as done this. I hear his reasons so far are;

1. He was supporting ethnic Russians in the 2 rebel held areas inside Ukraine.
He already offered everyone in those regions Russian passports, so they could leave. If he did want to take action then Russian forces should have remained inside those regions.

2. His claim NATO was going to allow Ukraine to become a NATO member, against the border of Russia.
There is no evidence that NATO wants a war with Russia, or that they were planning to offer NATO status to Ukraine. The NATO countries along the Russian border as already happened when Estonia and Latvia joined NATO in 2004.

3. Now he's taking over Ukraine because of Nazi's.
I looked in to this last night. I have heard of some of the groups mentioned. But they are a tiny component of the Ukraine army or officials. There as been people with nazi ideologies in many armies in the west, US, UK, Germany etc. It doesn't mean that nazi's are controlling the direction of the country. Also if they are nazi's then how have they ended up with a Jewish leader!?

4. He's stopping Ukraine building nukes so he's taken over those nuclear power plants.
There is no evidence that Ukraine was planning to build nukes. This just seems to be another made up excuse.

Any previous legitimate concerns of the enforcement of the minsk agreement should have been solved diplomatically. The moment he ordered the invasion he lost all credability.

Soldato
You think the Russians do not know where they are and are ready to pounce on them. It only takes a simple drone to take them out. They are more than likely watching them right this instant.

Yes because they will be unsupported, no f-35 or Airborne surveillance etc up watching them, plus the enemy has to push into enemy airspace to take them out, those missiles will be launched hundreds of miles inside friendly airspace.

Remind me how awesome the so called mighty Russian airforce is doing against Ukraine again?

Caporegime
What are B52's actually flexing about? They are ancient pieces of hardware that would get shot down in an instant over ukraine. The youngest airframes are 60 years old. Some of them have even had 3 generations fly the same plane!

They're outstanding aircraft with an unparalleled payload. Have you not stopped to think why a 60 year old plane is still flying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom