Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
News since 08:25AM: And there's a lot of it - I've tried to keep it in order, separated Lavrov & Kuleba's conference so it's simple to read (Mostly in order)

*The Meeting of Ukraine’s and Russia’s Foreign Ministers in Turkey Has Begun – IFAX
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba, on His Way to Meet the Russian Delegation: My Hopes Are Low. – Spanish Media Outlet
*Adviser to Ukraine Presidential Office Says Russians Switched Tactics to Target Civilians Like in Syria
*Ukraine’s Presidential Advisor: We Will Retake Donbass and Crimea.
*Operator of Ukraine’s Gas Transmission Network: Russian Troops Have Taken Control of Gas Compressor Facilities, Posing a Threat to Transit to Europe.
*Russia’s March 9 Offline Refining Capacity 781 K/Bpd – Ministry.

*Russia: China Refuses to Supply Russian Airlines with Aircraft Parts – IFAX
*China Widens Yuan Trading Band Against the Ruble to 10% from 5%.
*Kremlin Asked About the Mariupol Hospital Attack: We Will Make Checks with Our Military
*Kremlin Spokesman Says Foreign Ministers of Russia and Ukraine Will Discuss the Issue of a Summit Between Putin and Zelensky
*Kremlin: If Someone Uses Weapons Against Russian Forces in Ukraine, They Will Become Targets
*Ukrainian Finance Ministry Ukraine Has Received $1.4 Billion in IMF Assistance.
*Italy’s Foreign Min. Maio, in Talks with Chinese Counterpart, Strongly Condemned Russia’s Aggression Against Ukraine.

*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: No Progression Was Made on a Ceasefire.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: We Are Willing to Meet in This Manner Again.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov Did Not Maintain the Commitment to a Humanitarian Corridor in Mariupol.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: We Have Two Tasks, Arranging a Humanitarian Passage from Mariupol and Reaching a 24-Hour Truce.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: We Can’t Stop the War If the Country That Started It Doesn’t Want to Stop It
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: We Are Prepared to Engage in Diplomacy While Also Being Prepared to Protect Ourselves.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: My Impression Is That Russia Is Not in a Position at This Point to Establish Ceasefire
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: Russia Will Not See Ukraine Surrender.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: The Basic Message from Lavrov Was That They Will Continue Their Aggression Until Ukraine Satisfies Their Demands.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: The List of Lavrov’s Demands Is a Surrender.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov Insists Sovereignty Issues Be Discussed in Belarus.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: It Is False to Say That Russia Found Evidence of Ukraine Trying to Make Nuclear Weapons.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov Raised the Issue of Nuclear Security and Tripartite Discussions.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: Made a Simple Proposal to Lavrov: I Can Call Ukrainian Officials Now and Give You 100% Guarantee on Humanitarian Corridors
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: Russia Must Pull Back Soldiers from Nuclear and Gas Facilities
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: I Told Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov That Before the Arrival of Russian Troops, All Was OK with Our Nuclear Operations.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: NATO Is Not Ready to Act Collectively to Stop War.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: Our Consistent Policy Has Been Joining NATO as Full Member.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: However We Understand This Will Not Happen Soon, or Foreseeable Future
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: I Still Hope That Through Humanitarian Considerations, Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov Will Talk to His Colleagues.
*Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Kuleba: NATO Delegated Authority to Help Member States on a Bilateral Basis.

*On Meeting with His Ukrainian Counterpart, Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: We Reminded Ukraine That Russia Has Shown Their Proposals.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Claims the West Is Acting Dangerously.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: West Is Creating a Danger in the Region for Many Years
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: The Military Operation in Ukraine Is Going to Plan.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: The West Has Been Creating a Risk in the Region for Many Years.
*When Asked Regarding the Bombing of a Children’s Hospital, Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: The Hospital Was Already in Control of Ukrainian Radicals and No Patients Were There.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: The Denials of the US on Biological Labs in Ukraine Were Unsurprising.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Those Who Supply Weapons to Ukraine and Mercenaries over There Should Understand the Danger of That.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: We Do Not Want the Militarisation of Ukraine; We Want Ukraine to Be Neutral.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Russia Is Ready to Discuss Security Guarantees for Ukraine.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Russia Did Not Attack Ukraine.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: The West Caused This Conflict by Forcing Ukraine to Choose Between Russia and the West.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Possible Putin-Zelenskiy Talks Were Discussed
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Ukraine Seems to Want to Have Meetings for the Sake of Meetings.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Putin Would Not Refuse a Meeting with Zelenskiy, but Any Such Discussion Would Have to Be Meaningful and Focused on Specifics.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: We Need More Preparation for Putin and Zelenskiy to Convene.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: The West Ignored the Repression of Russian Speakers and Russian Culture in Ukraine
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: No One Here Today Was Discussing a Ceasefire.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: All Practical Issues Are Discussed in Talks in Belarus.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: We Don’t Want to Ever Depend on the West Again – Nations or Companies.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov on Oil and Gas Sanctions: We Never Used Oil and Gas Like Weapons.

*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Uncle Sam Will Never Be Able to Destroy Our Economy Again.
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: We Have Markets for Our Energy, and We Will Always Have Markets.

*Mariupol City Council Says the Ukrainian City Is Under Attack from the Air

Can't add sources for everything as it will take too long

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Scott Manley just pointed out something interesting, the head of Russia's space agency is the highest paid head of a space agency in the world and yet the engineers and other staff under him get paid on average 10% of their American counterparts at NASA. In Russia the money is funnelled more to the top than capitalist America

LOL that is an amazing revelation!

Nothing even surprises me any more lol.
I'm sure there's corruption in every facet of government around the world, even in Ukraine, but to what level and how bad is what is key, and it seems the Russians just have been so much extra about it that it puts even the USA to shame!

Soldato
This says enough:
:confused::confused:

Are we sure Truss didn't go to the same foreign minister school :D

I agree. I wonder how close to Putin's directive he's running. I know he's an old dog in the intelligence/diplomatic team so probably has quite a bit of leeway.

Associate
It was always going to happen but lets be honest this big time tory donor had plenty of time to move his assets, I wonder why.

As for Chealsea the sale doesn't get to go ahead? it was never for sale, he had dozens of offers refused them all, now we know why.

When this is all over and the sanctions are lifted guess who still owns the club?

Soldato
*UK imposes asset freezes on Abramovich, Rosneft boss Sechin
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk...in-lebedev-russian-sanctions-list-2022-03-10/

'Britain imposed sanctions on Chelsea soccer club owner Roman Abramovich and Igor Sechin, the chief executive of Russian oil giant Rosneft, hitting them with asset freezes and travel bans because of their links to Russian President Vladimir Putin.' - RTRS
"There can be no safe havens for those who have supported Putin's vicious assault on Ukraine," British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said."

Some of this news from ~2h ago, RTRS report just came out now though

Associate

I do think its just a matter of time for the Ukrainian President to be taking out unfortunately. Russia will never be able to win this though. Unfortunately you can't just go to war with Russia unless you are willing for about a billion deaths as they have many bad weapons, nukes, chem and bio.

Soldato
Is it me or does it seem that Putin will try and gain another false flag but this time against the west/Ukraine. The way that Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov is claiming that the west is acting dangerously seems that we are on a very fine line between WW3. Ukraine won't surrender therefore the only way this will go is more armoured weaponry any excuse to use a mini-nuke and claim it was not thermonuclear.

Soldato
There is a funny meme going around about how one of the general has sold half of a fuel for profit --- and big lol, the other general had the same great idea and sold the other half of the fuel :D

Soldato
I was watching Triggernometry and Konstantin Kisin commentary on the situation in Ukraine last night.

I have to agree with him that the best for Ukraine and its people right now is to sign an agreement with Russia. Because the longer the fight goes on for the more heavier attacks Russia will do, killing more people.

NATO isn't going to get directly involved in Ukraine and we're not going to enforce a no-fly zone. So it's a war of attrition that Russia will eventually win.

To save Ukrainian lives I think it's in their interest to come to the table now. The Ukrainian fighters and people have fought harder than anyone else in the world to defend their land. Now they need to try and come out of revenge mode against Russia for the attrocities that have been committed. Understandably that will be difficult for many Ukrainians.

Soldato
property, factories, aircraft, you name it

Property/Factories are more than likely leased, so they're already owned by Russia.

Aircraft was a tricky one, i think was discussed a good number of pages back. If Russia ever wanted to work with Boeing or Airbus again, they'd need to hand back leased planes, or pay for them.

Caporegime
I was watching Triggernometry and Konstantin Kisin commentary on the situation in Ukraine last night.

I have to agree with him that the best for Ukraine and its people right now is to sign an agreement with Russia. Because the longer the fight goes on for the more heavier attacks Russia will do, killing more people.

NATO isn't going to get directly involved in Ukraine and we're not going to enforce a no-fly zone. So it's a war of attrition that Russia will eventually win.

To save Ukrainian lives I think it's in their interest to come to the table now. The Ukrainian fighters and people have fought harder than anyone else in the world to defend their land. Now they need to try and come out of revenge mode against Russia for the attrocities that have been committed. Understandably that will be difficult for many Ukrainians.

How is willingly accepting violent subjugation and the likely pogroms that will occur as a result with anyone holding Ukrainian statehood sympathies what's 'best' for Ukraine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom