Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Fighting age males of Mediterranean and Arab appearance aren’t going to stand out at all in one of the most Caucasian countries in Europe, are they?

Given what happened in the Central Africa Republic where these mercenaries were employed before, I suspect they're being brought in as much to terrorise the population as they are to actually fight. But if they're coming straight from there I do wonder how they'll cope with a 30-40 degree drop in temperature especially as they are hopelessly under-equipped in general.

Caporegime
I wasn't blaming Biden (not sure why you thought I was?) and I agree that the West collectively failed in their approach to Russia in the last twenty years and especially since 2014. We misunderstand who Putin is, and what he wanted, and with hindsight I'm not sure why more wasn't made of what happened in Grozny.

sorry, i wasn't saying you were blaming Biden. My original podt wss a reply to one of the usual ********** blaming Biden, which is ridiculous unless you blame every western leader.

Caporegime
I imagine the Mercs will be sent to the occupied parts so that the soldiers can move on. The aim of course is so the resistant public no longer comes into contact with Russian soldiers which provides deniability, protects those soldiers from reality and possibly depowers the rebelliousness of the public to some degree.

The West should just offer them more money to turn up in West Ukraine or in a NATO country in addition to sharing intel.

Soldato
i cant stand watching babies and toddlers waving goodbye to their daddies, i am feeling sick already. I have thoughts WW3 is maybe worth it, if we tolerate this then our children will be next, and i for one prefer a lift the burden rather for my kids to suffer.

If you feel that strongly you are free to go to Ukraine and fight, you aren't free to decide nuclear war is a price we should all pay for your emotions

Caporegime
Tell yourself that. Putin obviously doesn't need conventional capabilities against NATO. His threat of nukes seems to keep us under control just fine.

So say NATO did roll over (extremely unlikely) most NATO country's would put up one hell of a fight by themselves anyway, Russia only has so much money, equipment and troops available to it, and most of it is in bad order and badly trained.

If you are suggesting that a NATO or other county would just roll over and surrender because someone is invading, has nukes and says give up or else, again an extremely unlikely scenario, war simply doesn't work like that when you are directly invading someone, otherwise a nuke would have been dropped on Ukraine at the start and Russia would still have all its men and gear.

Caporegime
...if we tolerate this then our children will be next...

I've been thinking someone should do a remix of the Manic Street Preachers song with the lyrics replaced with "if you tolerate this your capital will be next" played over images of the devastation of Ukrainian cities. It'd take rather more musical talent than I possess, unfortunately.

Soldato
I've been thinking someone should do a remix of the Manic Street Preachers song with the lyrics replaced with "if you tolerate this your capital will be next" played over images of the devastation of Ukrainian cities. It'd take rather more musical talent than I possess, unfortunately.

I'd argue that listening to the Manic's could be regarded as a declaration of war. On my hearing. :cry:

Soldato
Putin is trying to get Zelensky to crack, he'll turn up the terror, hell throw these new troops forward and use the Syrians to terrorise civilians, at some point hell use chemical weapons again to further the terror and get Zelensky to crack if he doesn't crack hell go full blown genocidal mode with chemical weapons, as it's all he has left. If they surrender Putin will try to crush resistance with re-education camps as winne the pooh does.
I still don't think he can win militarily though he's just using terror as it's all he has, he's a monster.
Look how he's not allowed civilians to leave using them as human shields and bargaining chips, in the future he will throw the families of those resisting into re education camps.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Its lose lose for Russia now.

The cold war is back (apart from Germany going all giddy for gas) Ukraine will be split in two by the looks of it. Sanctions will remain in place for a long long time and where all the cool stuff is Russians will no longer be welcome. Maybe in another 50 years we will see the Ukraine wall come down, Putin has set back Russia another 75 years. Its quite funny apart from the senseless death and destruction.

Soldato
Its lose lose for Russia now.

The cold war is back (apart from Germany going all giddy for gas) Ukraine will be split in two by the looks of it. Sanctions will remain in place for a long long time and where all the cool stuff is Russians will no longer be welcome. Maybe in another 50 years we will see the Ukraine wall come down, Putin has set back Russia another 75 years. Its quite funny apart from the senseless death and destruction.

What a bizarre post. Hilarious!

Soldato
I agree that the West collectively failed in their approach to Russia in the last twenty years and especially since 2014. We misunderstand who Putin is, and what he wanted

When I was looking through previous comments I came across another that highlights that perfectly. In a thread from 2016 worrying about pro-Russian leaders being installed in Moldova and Belarus, the first reply was

Terminal_Boy said:
You seriously believe that Putin wants to build a new Russian Empire?

I guess we just dont understand the the idea of long term plans and ambitions dictators can have, since they know (or have a good idea) they're going to he in power to enact them.

It does seem a main weakness of the democratic West, our political leaders are so short termist, as their focus is just getting reelected in a few years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom