Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Soldato
Entertaining but the more you think about the spell the more it doesn't make sense as a workable thing unless it does a whole bunch of other things that weren't explicitly requested by Peter.

And surely the obvious spell to choose would have been 'make everyone forget Mysterio' rather than him.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not the best of the 3 that's for sure, some good humour, some terrible humour, some good writing, some terrible, overall was pretty meh apart the whole multiverse thing which was cool

Associate
Entertaining but the more you think about the spell the more it doesn't make sense as a workable thing unless it does a whole bunch of other things that weren't explicitly requested by Peter.

And surely the obvious spell to choose would have been 'make everyone forget Mysterio' rather than him.

Considering it's coming from the same mind that tried to magic the whole world before speaking to an admission board, I'd imagine he was thinking if he changed the events of Far from home he'd effect his relationship with MJ too.

Commissario
I'm a casual film watcher but I've just put this on and I haven't got a clue what is happening. I've not seen any other Tom Holland Spider Man films and I don't really care about super hero universes so I am totally lost.

Do they go out of their way to make these films inaccessible to casual viewers? I get the impression that I need to have watched multiple other movies before this.

Caporegime
I'm a casual film watcher but I've just put this on and I haven't got a clue what is happening. I've not seen any other Tom Holland Spider Man films and I don't really care about super hero universes so I am totally lost.

Do they go out of their way to make these films inaccessible to casual viewers? I get the impression that I need to have watched multiple other movies before this.

You watched the third film in a series before watching any others and are complaining you have no idea what is going on?

Commissario
You watched the third film in a series before watching any others and are complaining you have no idea what is going on?
I just assumed it was a sequel that one could watch without having to have sat through previous films to understand. That's not unusual, many films have sequels where there's no prior knowledge needed.

Soldato
Oh yeah, I forgot that it's not just the MCU stuff, it'll help if you're also familiar with the Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield spiderman movies too.
Enjoy that marathon catchup session :cry:

Soldato

More reviews incoming :D

Where can we watch?

Edit - nevermind raising the anchor

Soldato
Lots of new comments here, nothing to do with it been released on those er.... dodgy sites over the weekend?

The whole original spell gone wrong was silly, but wow, what a movie! Obvs Spidey(s) were ace, but Daffoe was excellent, better this time around! 'you know I'm something of a scientist myself' - genuine lol.

Anyone got a link to a decent site showing all the Easter eggs? Eddy/Venom - where was he, where did he go and why did he leave a piece behind? Amongst other things I no doubt missed!

Caporegime
Opinions are like... those things everyone has. ;)

Personally, I LOVED it, I'd put it on par (for me) with GOTG vol 1 and Avengers Assemble, but still being pipped by Infinity War.

I just wish I could have gone in to it knowing nothing, like, in a pre-internet world. Even though I avoided as much as I could, I still knew who would be making appearances, and that shizzle would have been amazing had I had no idea.

As for the mid credit scene:
Given that only people who knew Peter Parker was Spiderman came through, and Hardy's Brock didn't, the reason the symbiote bit stayed behind is because somehow it knew, given that is how it originally actually came to Earth after the Secret Wars.

Soldato
I think I've kind of gone off super hero films over the years, which meant I wasn't that into this one. Couple that with
Why are you inviting all of the villains into your house at the same time rather than treating them one by one?
I didn't think this was very good.

Marvel films all start to feel a little samey after a while, there have been some good ones, but none of them really push the envelope out.

Back
Top Bottom