Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
But also, historically the Russian people gave many, so very many of their lives to supporting us in our fight with Germany, something many seem to conveniently forget. Especially when one in here openly calls them "Slavic peasants", something that grates with me more and more as I consider the sheer unpleasantness of such posts given Russian sacrifices against the nazis.
lol wtf. Man who condemns dragging up folks past to attack them with in todays modern age, is digging up irrelevant facts to make pro Russian speech during Ukraine war? :confused::confused:

Soldato
*US Defense Official: The First US Arms Shipment From Biden’s $800 Million Package for Ukraine to Soon Start Heading to Ukraine.
*UK Faces $5 Bln Bill if the Government Has to Bail Out Gazprom Unit.
https://twitter.com/MarketRebels/status/1506730185349021705
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...on-bill-if-government-has-to-bail-out-gazprom

*US Trade Representative Office: 352 of the 549 Product Exclusions Under Consideration From China’s Section 301 Tariffs Will Be Reinstated.
*US Restores 64% of Product Exclusions From Trump China Duties
*USTR: Reintroduced Exclusions Will Be Applicable Retroactively From October 12, 2021 Through December 31, 2022.
*USTR: Reinstated Tariff Exclusions Include Seafood, Certain Chemicals, Textiles, Industrial Components, Electronics and Consumer Goods
'Biden admin said it would allow hundreds of additional goods from China to avoid paying tariffs, renewing waivers for items that were previously granted exemptions under the former Trump admin' - WSJ
https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-...for-352-types-of-items-from-china-11648067465

*Fox Reporter Tweets: Gov. Gavin Newsom Proposes Sending $400 Debit Cards to California Car Owners in Response to Rising Gas Prices.
*Individual Could Get Up to 2 Payments, Families Who Own More Than One Car Would Be Capped at 2 Cars.
*Eligibility Based on Car Registration, Not Income.
https://twitter.com/ZavalaA/status/1506730001051181059

Last edited:
Permabanned
lol wtf. Man who condemns dragging up folks past to attack them with in todays modern age, is digging up irrelevant facts to make pro Russian speech during Ukraine war? :confused::confused:

I think I have managed to decipher that reply. Being mindful of the estimated 16,825,000 Russian people who gave their lives helping fighting the Germans in WW2, roughly 15 percent of Russia's total population at the time, is not, in my opinion, in any way, a pro Russian speech in support of their current activities.

Soldato
I think I have managed to decipher that reply. Being mindful of the estimated 16,825,000 Russian people who gave their lives helping fighting the Germans in WW2, roughly 15 percent of Russia's total population at the time, is not, in my opinion, in any way, a pro Russian speech in support of their current activities.
How is it at all relevant then? Feeling nostalgic?

Soldato
Perhaps Remembrance Sunday will have a deeper meaning after seeing what people have had to endure and fight against in your own lifetime?

But also, historically the Russian people gave many, so very many of their lives to supporting us in our fight with Germany, something many seem to conveniently forget. Especially when one in here openly calls them "Slavic peasants", something that grates with me more and more as I consider the sheer unpleasantness of such posts given Russian sacrifices against the nazis.

And why did they join the war? Because THEY were invaded by Hitler, did they jump in to protect any of the rest of Europe? No, in fact they kept half of it after the war ended and subjected them to all sorts of atrocities themselves.

Permabanned
How is it at all relevant then? Feeling nostalgic?

Having gratitude to over sixteen and a half million Russians sacrificing themselves to help us fight the Germans and then finding current posts in here describing their people in general as "Slavic peasants" is relevant to a balanced opinion on Russians in general and not in any way an indulgence in nostalgia. I doubt the average Russian citizen is much changed from then to now.

Associate
Having gratitude to over sixteen and a half million Russians sacrificing themselves to help us fight the Germans and then finding current posts in here describing their people in general as "Slavic peasants" is relevant to a balanced opinion on Russians in general and not in any way an indulgence in nostalgia. I doubt the average Russian citizen is much changed from then to now.

What BS... they were fighting their OWN war on the eastern front. Many Allied lives were lost trying to get supplies to them.

Man of Honour
Hmm Russian military comms very active tonight - can't tell if anything significant but they've been pretty quiet lately.

EDIT: Sounds like they are activating predetermined orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom