World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
Yeah updated to say delivery on Tuesday now. Pretty frustrated at this point.

Going to try going down to the depot after work to just collect it. Kind of sick of the whole thing now.

Caporegime
Lucky bugger. They would not have it when I tried for 10%.
Yes just got off Dell chat, apparently the finance team will not approve my 5% discount they previously offered as a goodwill gesture.
It was offered so I followed it up, can only try.

If they come back saying the same, I won't bother chasing it. Considering £747 after £100 from amex and potentially quidco cashback, it's not like we have overpaid! :p

EDIT

Have never used quidco before so how do I get/claim the cashback then?

Associate
Received mine everything fine no pixel issues. Box was also in perfect condition. It’s pretty quiet but occasionally the fan ramps up for a few seconds which is a little annoying but I can live with it.

Associate
Yes just got off Dell chat, apparently the finance team will not approve my 5% discount they previously offered as a goodwill gesture.

I have got mine at last ....I demanded chat script of when I was promised it .....I then contacted chat care rep with the information in the chat script where I was promised a extra 10percent off.....he immediately opened a claim case and file number and today I have the extra £84.00 back in the bank ....don't give in to them ...they are most ametuer vendors I have ever dealt with....listing items on website before it was supposed to come live at upped price....then not enough stock for people buying at 8am ....then selling more stock than they had ....shipping dates changed twice....posting monitors to people out of order ...no first come first serve with them lot etc etc etc ...get the refund u are promised

Associate
If you've got evidence they promised it then would your card provider be interested in getting involved maybe?
I'm not sure, it's a goodwill gesture at the end of the day, up to them if they want to honor it or not.
I've got it a lot cheaper than retail so I'm not going to get upset about it, just ever so slightly disappointed.

Associate
Well contacted Dell again, and now they are saying there is a delay with shipping labels with DHL, so If I don't receive it today then it will be tomorrow. I assume they mean tuesday as Friday and Monday are bank Holidays....

Soldato
I'm not sure, it's a goodwill gesture at the end of the day, up to them if they want to honor it or not.
I've got it a lot cheaper than retail so I'm not going to get upset about it, just ever so slightly disappointed.

As per the post above yours, the absolute farce this launch has been would make me chase it up purely on principal, never mind the extra £85!

Well contacted Dell again, and now they are saying there is a delay with shipping labels with DHL, so If I don't receive it today then it will be tomorrow. I assume they mean tuesday as Friday and Monday are bank Holidays....

I assume yours doesnt track on the DHL site with "39999" in front either then?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

If they come back saying the same, I won't bother chasing it. Considering £747 after £100 from amex and potentially quidco cashback, it's not like we have overpaid! :p

EDIT

Have never used quidco before so how do I get/claim the cashback then?
They never gave me any issues. Got my promised 7% refunded.

I would chase them up if you can be asked, they will give in eventually I recon. Weird how inconsistent they are though.

With Quidco first you need to make sure it shows in your account as tracked which should be within 24hours, after that you just wait for a month or two until they either pay or reject it. Been doing cashback for years, easily got back a four figure sum using Quidco
/TopCashBack over the years :D

Associate
Ok, so, phoned Dell customer support, after a bit of to and fro, I was offered a 7% discount on my next order. I politely declined. Asked to speak to the manager, then put on hold and they agreed the 5% so brings the initial cost to £804.65, still waiting on the AMEX cashback. Hopefully should bring the total to £704.65.

Thank you for the motivational push guys.

I will now be nicknamed a 'Karen' on the Dell Customer Support side.
2svqls.jpg

Associate
I think it's pretty rubbish of them to offer discounts/compensation as incentive to keep the order and then take it away when your product has been delivered.

If you can't give them don't offer them in the first place is my opinion.

Soldato
Just powered it on. Unless I am being dumb AF (I could be), no joke the OSD joystick is not working. I am stuck on select language when you power it up for the first time and cannot actually select one...

Back
Top Bottom