The OCUk, advert free youtube player. For FREE!

Soldato
I noticed that when playing youtube videos linked in forum posts, there were non of the adverts that usually crop up. So, if you want to watch/listen to ad free music or videos -

1. Copy a link to the video you want to watch
2. Start to create a post anywhere on the forum
3. Embed the video link into the media box
4. Click on 'preview' to show the little youtube window
5. Play the video in the preview window
6. Don't complete the post and bin it.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Consigliere
Clever however may be a hassle if people watch a lot of YouTube. :p

Tbh I have YouTube Vanced on my phone = No adverts and even plays with my phone screen off.

Man of Honour
Just install uBlock Origin on your mobile browser and desktop. Instantly get no ads anywhere on youtube videos again. Just watch youtube on mobile through the web browser that way too. Don't need to embed on a forum post.

Soldato
Just install uBlock Origin on your mobile browser and desktop. Instantly get no ads anywhere on youtube videos again. Just watch youtube on mobile through the web browser that way too. Don't need to embed on a forum post.

Link? Can't seem to find it on the play store

Soldato
But the adverts pay for the content? I'd never dream of finding a loophole around it. It's people's livelihood.

I can understand finding ways to block ITVs adverts because they're a big corporate machine but YouTube is full of ordinary people like you and me. Trying to earn a living by making great content. I'm subscribed to over 50 people on YouTube, all of which I respect. I'd never dream of robbing them of their income.

Man of Honour
But the adverts pay for the content? I'd never dream of finding a loophole around it. It's people's livelihood.

I can understand finding ways to block ITVs adverts because they're a big corporate machine but YouTube is full of ordinary people like you and me. Trying to earn a living by making great content. I'm subscribed to over 50 people on YouTube, all of which I respect. I'd never dream of robbing them of their income.

Same here. I run security software that blocks most things but I make an exception for ads on Youtube. I even let the ads play all the way on some channels I really like and I don't skip the in-video sponsor adverts. Sure, it's annoying. But if a content creator whose content I like gets paid for the adverts, that's OK with me. Even after the 100th repetition of an advert for some money-grubbing "free to play" (i.e. extremely expensive to play) game.

I don't subscribe to any YT channels though and the constant requests to like and subscribe and hit the notification bell and so on get on my ****. Except for the way Dan Hurd does it.

The reason I don't subscribe is because I am not going to give Google my phone number, passport details, etc, etc, for them to sell to whoever pays and have Google track everything I do so it can manipulate me for power and profit. So I don't have a Google account and wouldn't log into it if I did.

Back
Top Bottom