Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Putin apparently reacts to and respects strength. Behave like scared cats and he'll walk over everyone......
Personally I agree with a tough stance being taken, ideally collectively under the NATO banner. In worse case, the world has another chance to rebuild itself but I don't believe in showing weakness to someone who is now terrorising the entire world with his nuclear threats especially given what their country has started.
Saddam was nothing compared to this guy yet he wasn't tolerated.........

Lots of talk of Putin not being a well man, it's probably best not to provoke or poke a bear.

I would normally agree to standing up to a bully, but there are many ways to talk a man down from a ledge.

In this situation, I really wish we more talking rather than just insulting Putin.

Soldato
Lots of talk of Putin not being a well man, it's probably best not to provoke or poke a bear.

I would normally agree to standing up to a bully, but there are many ways to talk a man down from a ledge.

In this situation, I really wish we more talking rather than just insulting Putin.
I know what you mean. The way I see it it's his "do or die" attempt at rebuilding the USSR which he hated seeing demolished. As a sick man however, it's pretty weak tbh - "I'll wreck the world if I have to as I'm dying anyway", if his poor health is true.
Still have to take a tough stance however.
Can zoom out and see Earth and the human race for what it is. The human race have led to this moment again. Pretty disappointing tbh. Such promise, but in a universe where we're the only intelligent life form we know about, look at what we are. While this seems to be one man's disgraceful war, a point is, the human race have led us to this time.

Last edited:
Soldato

We've tried talking down Putin for years the only thing that's down is embolden him to go further as he sees it as a sign of weakness. You can't apply western thinking when trying to work Russia and Putin.

Soldato
Past 20mins:
*Ukraine, Bulgaria Reach Agreement Over Transportation of Ukraine’s Grain via Bulgaria’s Port of Varna — Zelenskiy
*Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: We Are Not Currently in Talks With Gazprom.
*Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: Bulgaria Can Replace Its Full Russian Gas Supply With Other Sources.

*Biden on GDP: The Economy Continues to Be Resilient.
*Biden: The Economy Is Resilient, Despite the Historic Challenges.
*Don't quote if it's offtopic*

*German Finance Minister Lindner: Very Concerned About Price Developments, Severe Crisis Could Ensue, Therefore We Are Giving Relief to Households and Businesses
*German Finance Minister Lindner: We Must Move Away From Expansive Financial Policy.

*House Rep. Speaker Pelosi: Big Oil Has Profiteered From War, and Hoarding Supplies.
*House Rep. Speaker Pelosi: We Are Focused on Cutting Gas Prices Across the Board.
*House Rep. Speaker Pelosi: There Was Interest in Enacting a Holiday on the Federal Gas Tax, but There Is Little Indication That Oil Firms Would Pass Savings on to Consumers.
*House Rep. Speaker Pelosi: Gas Tax Holiday Is Good PR but No Guarantee on Savings.
*US Senate Majority Leader Schumer: Passing Legislation to Fight Higher Gas Prices Top Priority for the Democrats.
*US Senate Majority Leader Schumer: The United States Needs Robust Measures to Monitor the Impact of Big Oil on Prices.
*Rep. Pallone: Democrats in Congress Would Seek Legislation to Strengthen the FTC’s Jurisdiction to “Go After” Oil Companies’ Wholesale and Retail Sales Tactics.

Last edited:
Soldato
That and the largest and best nukes going, but hey
Dosnt really matter who has the "best" nukes, that's a game that nobody wins.

I'm happy that we are taking a harder stance, it's how we should have started off. However, it shouldn't just be the UK on its own saying this. NATO/Western countries should be tackling this with one united strong message.
As someone else mentioned earlier. Putin only understands strength.
Not that I think it much matters, I'm starting to feel like there is going to be an inevitable end to this conflict and its going to likely be a slow grind down and push back of Ukrainian forces until Putin decides he has something to call a "win".
Yeah Ukrainian forces are putting up a heroic effort and even advancing on some fronts. But I don't think that will last in the long term. The arms flowing in to Ukraine will likely start drying up after a few months, as this current rate isn't sustainable for NATO countries to support Ukraine whilst maintaining their own capability unless defence industries really start ramping up production.

Soldato
We've tried talking down Putin for years the only thing that's down is embolden him to go further as he sees it as a sign of weakness. You can't apply western thinking when trying to work Russia and Putin.

We beat Russia in the Cold War by avoiding direct conflict, I mean I don't disagree with sending small arms to Ukraine, but we need to be clear that Ukraine should fight a defensive war and NATO shouldn't be their military industry because that makes us legitimate targets. These are facts. If we're supplying heavy arms to Ukraine then why aren't we a target?

Caporegime
These are facts. If we're supplying heavy arms to Ukraine then why aren't we a target?
Because if NATO actually enters the war, Russia gets flattened in Ukraine. No ifs, no buts; they're toast. Basically a primary school squad playing against Man U level of getting thumped. The only reason we haven't already is because of the nukes but actually attack a NATO nation? That changes and Russia loses. Badly. And they know it.

Soldato
Well if they use a nuke in Ukraine and we do nothing then it will only signal that he can continue to do it, not sure that's viable considering our position tbh.
The crazies really have gone full tilt here. You want to have a nuke battle with Russia if they strike another country ?
So no longer are our nukes used for our defense(as a deterrent) but you want to launch them at other countries who didn't even strike us(with nukes).

Last edited:
Soldato
We beat Russia in the Cold War by avoiding direct conflict, I mean I don't disagree with sending small arms to Ukraine, but we need to be clear that Ukraine should fight a defensive war and NATO shouldn't be their military industry because that makes us legitimate targets. These are facts. If we're supplying heavy arms to Ukraine then why aren't we a target?
Multi-pronged approach this time may work. As things stand RUssia defaults in 8 or so days time after their 30 days grace ends although of course with all the gas deals, they may pay up. While I cannot remember the exact detail one line of thought goes we combine a show of strength along with Russia going broke. Putin is forced out or given an easy exit. The new Russian leadership bow to severe pressure which involves demilitarising in return for removing sanctions etc. I'm not doing great at explaining it but interesting idea on how it could play out, longer term. Russia doesn't manufacture much themselves and they won't have the financial ability to buy so the pressure on the leadership would be quite severe. At that point even breaking up of Russia could be an option, which is not desirable in some ways but would reduce future threats. This typical Russian playbook style military action & land grab cannot happen again

Last edited:
Soldato
The crazies really have gone full tilt here. You want to have a nuke battle with Russia if they strike another country ?
So no longer are our nukes used for our defense(as a deterrent) but you want to launch them at other countries who didn't even strike us(with nukes).

I don't think people understand the level of destruction they're asking for. We're talking about wide spread destruction of the majority of Europe and North America, 1 billion+ people, it would make World War 2 look like a petty dispute. Yet people in here are begging for it, angry words that the UN went and spoke with Putin. I honestly wonder how some people dress themselves and make basic decisions.

Soldato
*White House Requests Additional $33 Billion in Military, Economic and Humanitarian Aid for Ukraine — WSJ

LIVE — President Biden Delivers Remarks on Ukraine:

Soldato
We beat the USSR in the cold war by basically winning the arms race. They were being bankrupted trying to keep up. Gorbachev realised this unfortunately he was deposed and now we have the crazies back in charge. Sanctions are the way to go but if we are seperately bankrolling their war effort it is a bit self defeating. Ostpolitik to blame mutti.

Soldato
We beat the USSR in the cold war by basically winning the arms race. They were being bankrupted trying to keep up. Gorbachev realised this unfortunately he was deposed and now we have the crazies back in charge. Sanctions are the way to go but if we are seperately bankrolling their war effort it is a bit self defeating. Ostpolitik to blame mutti.

It would be best for everyone for Ukraine to take a minor loss in the East in the short term, then long term rot the Russian economy and turn them into North Korea. People can't see past their noses though apparently.

Associate
It would be best for everyone for Ukraine to take a minor loss in the East in the short term, then long term rot the Russian economy and turn them into North Korea. People can't see past their noses though apparently.
So you would be ok giving up Leeds to an invading army that commits rape, torture and killing to save other areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom