Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
"The package will "establish new authorities for the forfeiture of property linked to Russian kleptocracy, allow the government to use the proceeds to support Ukraine and further strengthen related law enforcement tools," the White House said in a statement.
Canada's government also proposed legislation this week that would allow it to seize and sell off Russian assets.
Under pressure to expand its sanctions actions, the ruling Liberals are pushing for "any type of property" including money, digital assets and virtual currency to be subject to seizure."

Trump: We need to move away from a globalist agenda.
Biden: Hold my potato.

Giving the CCP some interesting ideas I bet, all that American corporate infrastructure, just waiting to be "nationalised" because of XYZ (probably Taiwan).

Soldato
*Russian Defense Ministry: Russian Troops Hit 76 Military Installations in Ukraine
*Russian Defense Ministry: Russian Missiles Destroyed Six Weapons, Ammunition and Fuel Depots in Ukraine

*UN Secretary-General Guterres: The Situation in Mariupol Is a Crisis Within A Crisis
*UN Secretary-General Guterres: “We Are Doing Everything Possible” to Evacuate People From Azov Steel Plant In Mariupol
*Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky: After Talks With UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, He Believes That Success in Lifting the Blockade of the Azov Steel Plant in Mariupol Is Possible

Caporegime
"The package will "establish new authorities for the forfeiture of property linked to Russian kleptocracy, allow the government to use the proceeds to support Ukraine and further strengthen related law enforcement tools," the White House said in a statement.
Canada's government also proposed legislation this week that would allow it to seize and sell off Russian assets.
Under pressure to expand its sanctions actions, the ruling Liberals are pushing for "any type of property" including money, digital assets and virtual currency to be subject to seizure."

Trump: We need to move away from a globalist agenda.
Biden: Hold my potato.

Giving the CCP some interesting ideas I bet, all that American corporate infrastructure, just waiting to be "nationalised" because of XYZ (probably Taiwan).

Well they'd better divest then because it'll happen regardless of what the West does.

Soldato
We beat the USSR in the cold war by basically winning the arms race. They were being bankrupted trying to keep up. Gorbachev realised this unfortunately he was deposed and now we have the crazies back in charge. Sanctions are the way to go but if we are seperately bankrolling their war effort it is a bit self defeating. Ostpolitik to blame mutti.
Getting their arses handed to them in Afghanistan didn't help and neither did Chernobyl.

Soldato
It would be best for everyone for Ukraine to take a minor loss in the East in the short term, then long term rot the Russian economy and turn them into North Korea. People can't see past their noses though apparently.

No, I would fight and that would be fine, it is fine for people in Ukraine to fight for their country. For the rest of the world we should limit our assistance to one which doesn't make us the military industry of Ukraine because that risks escalating to a level that simply is not worth it. Similarly I may take a loss on losing my wallet to someone with a knife to my throat rather than fight him to the death over a £20 note.

Easy to say from the safety of the UK. Imagine if the US had said to us in 1940, "No sorry you're on your own, we can't supply you with military support because it risks escalation". We'd all be speaking German now.
Russia needs to be stopped and stopped now. If Ukraine gives up the east, Russia will be back for more when it has built up its military again.

Russia isn't launching nukes. Putin has at least 4 children, probably more. Some live in the West, is he really going to murder his own children or leave them to live in a nuclear wasteland? Not going to happen.

Associate
Honestly, if Russia pull a move of trying to use Transnistria to attack Ukraine after staging transparent false flags then Moldova should use that as an opportunity to retake the breakaway region. Russia won’t be able to help as long as Ukraine holds.
I’m completely ignorant of that region/conflict so no idea if they’d even want it back though.

Soldato
Does it even matter ? Throw in the USA arsenal (which they wont use) in Europe they themselves are safe(ish) So your down to the UK and Frances arsenal. That's more than enough devastation to make Russia no more, buy hey.

Not sure you can fire them if you don't exist. Have you seen the Russian Satan2 that makes the UK no more in a few mins on its own.

As I have said before we should be looking at ways to resolve without just insulting Putin

Soldato
Inviting nuclear Armageddon is popular with the Tory voters?
lol as if anything we or NATO members say matters to Russia. For all we know Russia already have a nuke on a timer ticking down. They dont give an F and neither should we.
The entire world has tried playing nice with Russia for decades, putting up with its bs in the process and this is the outcome of that appeasement.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Not sure you can fire them if you don't exist. Have you seen the Russian Satan2 that makes the UK no more in a few mins on its own.

As I have said before we should be looking at ways to resolve without just insulting Putin

Oh so we sit back and let Russia walk all over us. A constant threat of Nuclear war and the arms race back. Leading to even more nonsense. No the stand has to be now.

Caporegime

And how many of these does Russia have? Not many, and those it does have won't enter service until next year. Even if Putin launches them and chooses to target them all at the UK, they will not take out the UK's counterstrike capability; even leaving aside the sub-launched nukes.

Soldato
Easy to say from the safety of the UK. Imagine if the US had said to us in 1940, "No sorry you're on your own, we can't supply you with military support because it risks escalation". We'd all be speaking German now.
Russia needs to be stopped and stopped now. If Ukraine gives up the east, Russia will be back for more when it has built up its military again.

Russia isn't launching nukes. Putin has at least 4 children, probably more. Some live in the West, is he really going to murder his own children or leave them to live in a nuclear wasteland? Not going to happen.

It must be nice to be so sure of the outcome given the extreme price we would pay for you being wrong. Your analogy isn't really relevant though considering Americas relative safety from the German Army, not like the United Kingdom and Russia - they actually present a very real existential threat to the UK. Perhaps one day you could branch your analogies out a bit and not use Nazi Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom